Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over 40 yrs

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Keshet View Post
    I am 43. Had trouble with IVF, but got pregnant with fertility drugs and timed BD.
    Hi keshet, I forgot to ask you what BD stands for in timed BD? As I'm new to this I don't know what the abbreviations stand for. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Meems liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    So very helpful!! Thank you. 🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Any older than 40 mamas do PGD with a low AMH?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're over 40 and low AMH your best chance of success is either TTC naturally or PGD with donor eggs/embryos. It can happen but the odds are just very very low with your own eggs and unless you are independently wealthy (as in have 200K to burn with nothing to show) it is just not something to pursue.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes Wanting a daughter, Aura liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic is right. HT is a tough journey for ladies over 40 with low AMH. Not impossible though (as nothing is impossible when you dream) just highly unlikely to succeed.

I am 28 weeks pregnant with our DE HT cycle. I started my HT journey when I was 39 yrs old & I am now 41. Never in a million years did I think that I'd be completing my family in my 40s. LOL.

You can see from my signature that I was not a good candidate for HT as I am an infertility patient with DOR, POR & immune issues etc.. 8 cycles later & Many changes made to our Plan B options & we are finally over the moon to be expecting our daughter.

We have spent so much money it makes my head spin, many tens of thousands of dollars plus travel half away across the world to get here.

I wish you all the luck in the world with your dream.

Hold onto hope - not giving up, esp. not giving up hope ... & most of all, LUCK is really what got us thus far. It's all about luck at the end of the day, I believe. But then if you don't keep trying you can't get lucky & have the chance to realise your heart's wish. For some of us, dreams take bloody hard work & resolve ... & luck.

Good luck. All the best.
    2006, April 2009, Sept 2009, 2011, DH (39 yrs old) DW (40 yrs old)

Dreaming of a Building the family of our dreams since 2005. I am an infertility patient with DOR, POR, a history of miscarriage & some immune issues. But I'm not giving up hope just yet!!!

Cycle 1: Nov 2013 at SART - Agonist protocol (Long Lucrin) 10u Lucrin, 300u Gonal F, Ovidrel trigger. 6 follicles at ultrasound. We cancelled cycle due to poor E2. (Have been on DHEA 75mg/day since 3rd Oct). BCP start.

Cycle 2: Jan 2014 at SART - Antagonist protocol - 300u Gonal F, Cetrotide, Ovidrel trigger. 5 mature follicles at ultrasound, good E2 results but no eggs at collection. Diagnosed as Empty Follicle Syndrome. BCP start.

Cycle 3: April 2014 at SART - COMPORT protocol. (COMPORT = COrifollitropin alpha + Menotropin for Poor Ovarian Response Trial)
    An antagonist style protocol including: Elonva 100u (collifollitropin alpha), Menopur 300u (menotropin = LH + FSH), Cetrotide, Ovidrel + Lucrin 0.2ml combined double trigger. No BCP to start. (Over-suppressed on previous cycles due to BCP).
    7 eggs collected (6 mature). 2 embryos to biopsy on day 5 ... 1 normal XX !!! Planned freeze cycle.

Cycle 4: June 2014 FET BFN

Cycle 5: July 2014 Cancelled cycle. Poor response. COMPORT protocol.

Cycle 6: Sept 2014 - Antagonist protocol - 300u Gonal F, 150 Menopur, Orgalutran. Double trigger (Ovidrel + Lucrin 0.2ml). 7 follicles at ultrasound. Empty Follicle Syndrome again. 1 mature egg collected. 1 to biopsy. NT.

Cycle 7: Jan 2015 - Donor egg cycle - Antagonist protocol 125u Gonal, Orgalutran, Ovidrel trigger. 1XX!

Cycle 8: FET Mar 2015 - BFP!!! HB seen at 7wks3days on April 14th. EDD: Nov 28th 2015. Caesarean booked for Nov 16th!

Our beautiful baby girl was born 17/11/15! We are in love!

9. Thanks fknonl1ne thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not independently wealthy but have burned more than 200k. Inherited some money which made it possible to continue but have blown all that too. Still nothing to show for it.

Totally agree with Atomic, either sway and try naturally or be ready for donor eggs pretty quickly.

How low is your AMH?
    8 6 wishing for a
    Cycle 1 HRC in June 2011- cancelled cycle, no response at all.
    Cycle 2 at SART start stims Oct 10th Another cancelled cycle. No response.
    Cycle 3 at SART, started stims Dec 31st, cancelled AGAIN.
    Cycle 4 Donor eggs in South Africa May 2012, freezing and shipping to USA for PGD
    FET- 19th July- NT (only 2 normals, both boys)
    Cycle 5 Last shot- donor eggs at Genesis- Cyprus using his sperm sort, Jan 2013 BFN
    FET Feb 2013 BFP Miscarriage @ 6 wks.
    FET June 2013. On metaformin now for Insulin resistance. Mental health starting to border on insanity now. BFN
    FET July 2013. Last embie BFN

Cycle 6 Really truly last shot- Donor eggs HRC, planned all freeze Feb, 7XX frozen immune treatment for me
    FET May 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 8 weeks
    FET Nov 2014 BFP Miscarriage @ 12 weeks
    FET Oct 2015 BFP Blighted ovum confirmed @ 8 weeks. Miscarriage.

SURROGACY!!!!! FET 1xx Feb 4th BFP, HB seen

My precious baby girl arrived Oct 19th 2016

11. Likes Aura, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fknonl1ne View Post
    Any older than 40 mamas do PGD with a low AMH?
    If you can afford one cycle to see how you respond so you have no regrets, I see nothing wrong with giving it a go. If you have age AND low AMH against you, IVF with GS will be very, very difficult. Donor embryo or donor eggs is your best option for success.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

13. Likes fknonl1ne, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that"."

I so love this signature!! My coworker once told me: "I dont know any 70+ year old women who wished they had had less children, but I know a few even in their 50's who already regret not having more/any". That's one of the things got me empowered to start the GD journey.

A luta continua, com Deus a vitória é certa

Olorun Ileri2

15. Likes Meems, Aura, atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12