Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Opk and timing help please!

Hi, I'm still not sure where to go to post questions. I hope I'm not in the wrong place, I apologize in advance if Iam. I have been using opk test because my cycles are irregular. I start testing on the first day after af ends until I get a positive opk and I stop testing when it goes negative again. I brought a different brand this month and it says to use first morning pee. I tested three times a day and got negatives up until cycle day 11 that morning I got a positive opk the lines were equal dark and the box said if the lines are same color or darker than control its a positive. I continued to test and they were negative the rest of the day. Then on cycle day 12 I got another positive in the morning lines equally dark followed by another positive that evening. We dtd. Well my opk test continued to stay equally dark lines and now im on cycle day 15 and this morning it was so much darker than the control line not just equal color and again this evening!! I'm ttc a girl so I wanted to have one attempt at the positive opk! I'm thinking it was to early and I should have waited until it was way darker then the control line not just a little darker or equal color! I'm so confused on if I should have another attempt and if I do I'm confused on how the every 4 day rule works. What is the fourth day? I'm thinking I should just count myself out again this month! The opk test keeps tricking me!
    Last edited by Swaying&PrayingForPink; November 27th, 2015 at 10:27 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't worry too much about what is posted where but to make it easy our pink swaying forum is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...nceive-a-girl/

As a general rule you should count the time from the FIRST positive test and not the darkest. It is possible to have many days of dark tests and an irregular cycle may make this more likely (PCOS or PCO tendencies) That having been said it's also possible to get a false positive surge, that does not end with ovulation, then your body gears up in a few days or a couple weeks, and surges and ovulates for reals, so my inclination is for you to consider the attempt you just had as your one attempt BUT still start up with every 4 days to cover yourself in case it wasn't real.

E4d is to some extent up to you how you want to do it. Most people do the following (I'm using CD 12 as a baseline for the original poster ONLY because she had sex CD 12, I'm not saying everyone start CD 12, it's just that she DID start CD 12!!):

CD 12, then skip CD 13, 14, 15, and have another attempt CD 16.

OR you can do CD 12, skip 13, 14 and attempt CD 15 for better odds of conception but possibly worse odds of pink.

OR you can do cd 12, skip 13, 14, 15, and even 16 (giving it a full 4 days between) and have intercourse again CD 17. This would be lower odds of conception and possibly better odds of pink.

It's totally contingent on your needs what option you pick.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your response today is day 16 and I'm certain I'm ovulating today more really dark positive test results and ew discharge. Is it okay to count my day 12 as my one attempt or is that a unrealistic attempt being four days before ovulation?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unrealistic. It's up to you of course and if you want to give it a shot it's your prerogative, but I"d be in with another attempt. Good luck!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks I'm now on day 19 my opk results are still strong positives with the test line much darker than the control line. I'm not sure when to think ovulation happened or if it has happend yet. I had my one attempt on day 12 my first positive opk. I'm not sure when to expect my period to even know if I'm late. Is this normal to have so many positives and if so what one do you assume is the one ovulation follows? I know you mentioned PCOS or PCO tendencies but I looked up the symptoms and I doubt that's it. I have used opk before and always get two days of positive then they go back to negative. I also took a pregnancy test this morning because I saw some people say opk picks up pregnancy hormones before a pregnancy test but it was a bfn! I'm just confused on what's going on this cycle.
    Last edited by Swaying&PrayingForPink; December 1st, 2015 at 09:41 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you continued to have attempts?? I think you should have sex every 4 days from here on in.

aRe you on any herbs???

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and just to clarify, OPK tests do work as pregnancy tests but only AFTER you would get a positive on a pregnancy test. Not before.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not on any herbs. I did not continue with attempts. I wanted to stick to the one attempt because I know that has the best results. I'm thinking I'm out this month. I hope next month is not confusing like this month because it will be our last month of trying for a while, we will be taking a break until the summer. I took another pregnancy test this morning because I can't seem to stop taking them lol but it was still a BFN! I don't expect to see a BFP anyways with this crazy cycle. I need to get my diet back together! I hope one bad week doesn't mess up the months of dieting? The holidays got me! lol
    Last edited by Swaying&PrayingForPink; December 6th, 2015 at 10:54 PM.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a quick update...I took another pregnancy test this morning and I see the faintest line you could ever imagine! It developed right before the 10 minuet mark so I'm not sure if this is a BFP or a evaporation line! I will test again in the morning hoping to see a darker line! I'm freaking out now because I was convinced I was out this month and I'm still banking on the evaporation line but now I have a little hope. Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 269
Size:  1.70 MB

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I see it! Hope it continues to get darker! Try a FRER!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast