Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it possible to have IUI/Ericsson Method without taking hormones?

Hi, I'm new to the idea of gender swaying and have even considered the options of IUI/IVF for family balancing. I'm not interested in IVF so much and I do not want to take Clomid or other drugs whatsoever. I can't seem to find out if its possible to just have the Ericsson method/IUI done anywhere without the use of any drugs.
    Excuse my ignorance, I'm totally new to this whole concept!
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me understand my options!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would really like to know this as well!! Thanks for asking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    : DS 2009 & DS 2011 TTC

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not an expert and sure others will chime in but I don't think there have been any successes from this method, just a waste of money and heatache. x

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First, Ericcson has never been proven to actually do anything to help the gender split. They have never had anyone conduct a study outside of Ericcson.

IUI odds are very low and if you were to try a natural cycle with IUI, the pregnancy rate wouldn't be that great. If you are open to possible multiple attempts, you could always try and see!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info! Taking hormones for IUI or IVF for the sake of a gender preference is more than I'm willing to do. And it would be about of town traveling thing so doing IUI over and over would be a lot to take on. Nor do I think my husband would be willing. I guess I'll be learning all I can about natural swaying and hope for the best!
    I just fear I will always have a unfulfilled desire for a daughter that haunts me if this baby turns out to be a boy. I worry I'll regret not trying everything possible. I'm ashamed to admit it. I grew up with 4 sisters and I've always dreamed of a house full of girls to call my own. I know I'm blessed to have not struggled with fertility issues so even thinking of IUI/IVF seems so shallow for the sake of gender preference.
    Anyway, thanks for your input!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think IUI sways blue generally, so would never recommend it for pink swayers.

The sperm spinning techniques simply don't work. Search for sperm spinning on this site and you'll come across atomic repeatedly explaining why it can 'seem' to work (in a nutshell, give clomid which sways pink to get a girl, just do IUI without drugs to get a boy) . If you're not interested in clomid/femara, which is what actually sways pink, it'd just be a waste of money.

And even in ideal scenarios IUI has awfully low odds of conception, as has been said.
    Last edited by maidentomother; January 20th, 2016 at 06:27 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well this info actually makes me feel relieved about deciding to give up the thoughts of trying anything other than a natural sway. I certainly don't want to take any drugs and deal with any potential side effects unless i needed to for infertility purposes.
    Thank you for your information that I couldn't quite pull out that info over the Internet since mostly IUI was marketed for infertility issues rather than family balancing. ��

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    First, Ericcson has never been proven to actually do anything to help the gender split. They have never had anyone conduct a study outside of Ericcson.

IUI odds are very low and if you were to try a natural cycle with IUI, the pregnancy rate wouldn't be that great. If you are open to possible multiple attempts, you could always try and see!
    People actually did do studies and they couldn't get Ericcson to work. The problem with the Ericcson method is that you can do all that and then get a boy anyway. I had a friend who got 92% X sperm with Microsort (which is a method they no longer use in the US any more) in her IUI, which is way better than any Ericcson sort, and she STILL got a boy. I just hate to see people flush away money on sperm spinning plus IUI when the results are no better than we get thru natural swaying.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you access this site on a computer instead of your phone, scroll down to the bottom of the page and there are several other threads on this topic that have a lot of info in them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ