Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clinic O- reason for Pgd if under 35????

Hi ladies

I love this site and all the knowledge it brings. I am 33 with 3 gorgeous boys - so far I've gotten pregnant very easily.. I like many of you have been dreaming of raising a girl for so long.
    I ve been reading this site for weeks and am planning a HT cycle in sept 2016.

I'm looking for any help or input for choosing my clinic;
    I ve narrowed my choice to 3 clinics. Please help my head is spinning 😫

Clinic 1 - clinic O, Dr. Good.. I have emailed him to tell him I'm interested in ivf with Pgd. He replied to ask "why I need pgd?" - anyone have a good answer for this.
    Pros; seems to get good results and cheapest by far.
    Cons; I can not speak openly about gender selection and there is a risk he might not send me the report or indeed implant the wrong gender?

Clinic 2 - The ****
    I have been in contact with this clinic
    Pros: seemingly I can talk openly about gender selection and not too pricey
    Cons; I can't find any evidence on successful treatment ???

Clinic 3 - HRC -Dr Potter
    I have a phone consultation at the end of the month.
    Pros; by far the most successful feedback on this site
    Cons; it would cost so much that I would only have one chance here.. If it didn't work we would be paying back the cost of this trip for some time 😫

Any input, experiences so welcome.

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you had your pretesting done? If not, I would highly recommend doing it before having a phone consult with Dr Potter. If you have your results in advance of the consult, your discussion can be better tailored to you and your chances of success/specific protocol etc. I would definitely count on needing 2 cycles. I had good pretesting but still need to cycle again as the gender split didn't go my way.
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for getting back to me Nicoler.. I will get pre- test ASAP!! Did u have pre tests before your cycle? Is there any way to tell that u have xx in there??

Also how did u prepare for cycle did u take supplements, change diet etc..?

Thanks xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, everyone needs pretesting before they cycle. It's how the Dr decides what medication protocol and doses to put you on. You have to get them done on certain days of your cycle and not be on the pill. Get in contact with HRC and they'll give you the list of things they want done.

I'm not sure what you mean about telling if there are xx in there. The sperm is what decides the gender of the embryo and you don't know about any healthy XXs that you have until after ivf and pgd testing. You can get an idea of how many eggs might be retrieved based on your AFC.

If you do some reading in the HT section and completed cycle diaries, you'll get a good idea of some of the prep that is done for the cycles. I take Omega 3s with DHA and EPA, Ubiquinol, and a prenatal vitamin daily and a variety of other vitamins every second day or so. (B vitamins, D, C and maybe some others I can't think of right now).
    (2010) (2013 LE sway opposite) HT (HRC 2018)

Cycle 1 HRC Nov 2015: 9 retrieved, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 4 biopsied, 2 normal XY = NT
    Cycle 2 HRC Mar 2016: 13 retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized, 9 biopsied, 6 normal = 5 XX, 1 XY!
    FET #1 Aug 2016: Chemical
    FET #2 Nov 2016 Immune protocol: BFP! HB at 7 and 10 weeks. No HB at 12 weeks Miscarriage.
    FET #3 Aug 2017 Immune protocol: BFP!
    arrived May 2018

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would read the HT guide link in my signature. You should really educate yourself about the process. If you do a consult, the doctor will provide pretesting orders. Gender is determined by the man's sperm. Eggs are all X. Sperm are X or Y. They combine and make XX or XY. Do some reading and get up to speed. It will help you make informed decisions.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

6. Likes nicoler liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your advise NBP and Nicoler. I will do some more homework for sure.
    In relation to my clinic choice do u have any feed back esp on clinic O and the ****??? I need a valid reason for wanting Pgd under 35? I can't find much feed back on the **** either?

Thanks in advance