Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Newbie ttc a boy - feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much for this site! The information and dedication of keeping this running is amazing, so thank you for all this valuable information!

I don't want to take up too much of your time; I can see how busy you all are, answering everyone. I would love someone to review our attempt and provide feedback, though, just in case we don't conceive this time round and we need to try again next month.

I'm new at the idea of swaying. 2 daughters previously from doctor telling us just be intimate from day 10 from first day of period. So I think we may have only dtd the once on day 10 both time.

Would love a boy next. Had a school mum tell me get ovulation stix and be intimate within 24hrs ovulation. Researching myself, I came upon your information, debunking shettles!

I have PCOS as I'm insulin resistant, but never have problems with my AF, just that before kids it was 28 days, now it's 26, but consistent always. I'm naturally mostly HE diet. I HIIT exercise and weight lift but am overweight still. I'm not doing anything special diet wise as I didn't realise that was a factor.

My husband hasn't got an everyday sex drive but gets crazy after my period (like he senses I'm going to ovulate). But I usually have always wanted it more than him. But he has been so keen and supportive preparing to be pregnant again! I have an amazing DH.

I'm just worried it's affected our blue sway. We dtd probably 2 days before my AF (so hubby absteined all that time Through af). I used the clear blue digital and we dtd preotected 2 days before I got the solid smiley face when my ewcm was excellent and im afraid we missed an opportunity there. When we got a solid smiley (which is meant to be day before o) we dtd that night then the next night. Hubby was too tired to dtd the morning due to leaving for work at 4am.
    So...
    Bd 2 days before AF protected (not to conceive of course, just to show abstain pattern of DH)
    Bd day 10 protected where this was the best ewcm
    Positive solid smiley face day 12 8am (to indicate ovulation will occur next 12 to 48 hours) and BD 8pm that night unprotected
    Solid smiley stays on day 13, indicating actual day of ovulation for this test type. Hubby leaves for work 4am -couldn't handle BD again but we BD 8pm that night again, unprotected. My ewcm was still good but not as extreme as day 10/11.
    He was too tired to fit in another this morning (day 14) with still ewcm, just in case I ovulated late.

So only 2 attempts.

I didn't know about preeseed until now, we have never needed lube, so I didn't get a chance to use any. I did keep my legs and hips up after for 40mins. I always orgasm and did with both attempts.

Have we missed a blue sway, stacking the odds the other way? Or do we still have a good chance?

Thanks for your time

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So are you pregnant already? Or just may be?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for replying, Atomic.

I'm not pregnant yet, but we just gave it a shot (I guess no point worrying). Wasn't sure if there is a next time we really need to get three attempts in. Just worried it's too much for DH. I felt after reading all your info that our type and his work schedule may be destined to only sway pink? Really hoping for blue, but just couldn't get that third in and should have dtd on day 7 before too. (If going by your recommendation of every second day), Then three times when you get the solid smiley. I was also confused by my ewcm compared to the clear blue indicator.

TIA

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok then I'll go over it in detail! Sometimes people will want me to go over sways that have already ended in conception which is not a good use of my time, and then when I point out things that may be less than ideal, they get really upset about it and/or get a false sense of security if I say they did a good job.

To answer question in the shorter post, if you don't care about timing you can try having an attempt just before positive OPK as well - the 3 attempts at positive is for the benefit of people who just can't live without Shettles (evne though it doesn't work!!)

EWCM is funny because it somewhat has a mind of its own, doesn't necessarily correspond to anything visible on OPK!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, completely understand that your time is precious. Might try unprotected every two days and see how we go. The three times in 24hrs is a bit much for us I think, especially if work gets in the way.

Yes, I've had shettles mentioned to us so many times but if the research doesnt add up then im not going to go crazy over that one method and stick to something that won't give results.

Based on some of your other posts, we might try get in 3 times the week before AF arrives to boost DH testosterone, then try day 7 when I clear up and every second day. I'll still track with another opk too, just in case my insulin plays up my PCOS.

I hope we are on the right track.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    continue with your PCOS/HE Diet and your HIIT. Don't worry about your weight, it should be blue friendly and good for conception, since your cycle is still regular. Since this diet is working for you I hesitate to see you up calories much - do switch to full fat dairy ONLY and eat more fruit and veg if possible but I don't want you to start stuffing yourself with food thinking to do a more HE Diet, I suspect based on your description that you're already eating a good diet for you.

No more long abstains for DH. have him release on his own or with you (and you can use a non-spermicide condom if you prefer) every 2-4 days starting right away and continuing on till BFP. Long abstains are not great for sperm quality and may even sway pink.

RE your EWCM pattern it's totally normal to have more EWCM in the days c oming into O rather than O Day itself. This is completely normal and doesn't seem to be more boy or girl friendly.

You were in with 2 good attempts which I'd be very happy about! Some people can't manage 3, and 2 is def. better than one!

If you don't need lube, you don't need Preseed. I never used it and I got 4 boys without it! So I wouldn't worry about that as long as you have EWCM which it sounds like you did.

orgasm and laying down for that long will only help!

I think you had a great attempt, hopefully we won't need to worry about next month but if we do I woudln't even have you guys change much at all! Good luck and blue dust.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, I am new to this forum after trying ingender and having not luck, just complete confusion.

I have a baby girl and we would love a boy now, planning to try in a couple of months. I am currently taking Pregnacare conception and my DH is taking the Wellman version. Should I switch to the Womens one a day? Is it OK for DH to stick with Wellman? There's a link to a Cod liver oil bottle you pasted, how much of that do we have as I see its in liquid form? On top of the womens one a day.
    Is there anything else you would highly recommend to take? We are also thinking of using preseed.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer you guys take the One a Day's as the Pregnacare and Wellmans have a lot of additional herbal ingredients and megadose vitamins that may harm your sway (and may even delay or stop ovulation).

Can you link me to where I recommended cod liver oil?? I usually don't recommend that and if I posted a link it was only to point out a safer cod liver oil. I prefer you guys take fish oil or DHA and NOT cod liver oil as it has higher amounts of Vit. A and D than I like.

I always recommend blue swayers take probiotics. I have a full list of supplements for you here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...html#post36593 and for DH here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...and-sway-blue=

A couple things we've noticed recently is that EPO/flaxseed seem to possibly sway pink and flaxseed is unsafe when TTC/pregnant so don't take either of those. Wheatgrass supplements also seemed to be associated with sway opposites and I don't recommend them any more. Wheatgrass juice in moderation is ok. And finally, avoid the milk replacers like rice milk and almond milk. Many blue swayers are drinking them because they have heard to avoid dairy but I have seen a strong trend where the women drinking the most milk replacers seemed to have many more opposites than those who didn't. So don't go crazy on milk replacers, it doesn't help your sway.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for taking the time to get back to me 😃 I had a look at the supplement list, is it the one on the last page? So recommended is DH to take Mens one a day 50+? (He's 29 &#128585 and I take the orange womens one a day? On top of this do I take an amount of folic acid and fish oil?
    I have a link to a fish oil from Holland and Barratt: http://www.hollandandbarrett.ae/holl...-capsules.html it is coated so I am not sure if it is the one. How much folic acid would you recommend?

Thanks again

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    continue with your PCOS/HE Diet and your HIIT. Don't worry about your weight, it should be blue friendly and good for conception, since your cycle is still regular. Since this diet is working for you I hesitate to see you up calories much - do switch to full fat dairy ONLY and eat more fruit and veg if possible but I don't want you to start stuffing yourself with food thinking to do a more HE Diet, I suspect based on your description that you're already eating a good diet for you.

No more long abstains for DH. have him release on his own or with you (and you can use a non-spermicide condom if you prefer) every 2-4 days starting right away and continuing on till BFP. Long abstains are not great for sperm quality and may even sway pink.

RE your EWCM pattern it's totally normal to have more EWCM in the days c oming into O rather than O Day itself. This is completely normal and doesn't seem to be more boy or girl friendly.

You were in with 2 good attempts which I'd be very happy about! Some people can't manage 3, and 2 is def. better than one!

If you don't need lube, you don't need Preseed. I never used it and I got 4 boys without it! So I wouldn't worry about that as long as you have EWCM which it sounds like you did.

orgasm and laying down for that long will only help!

I think you had a great attempt, hopefully we won't need to worry about next month but if we do I woudln't even have you guys change much at all! Good luck and blue dust.
    Thanks for your time and support atomic! We have been trying to do more every two or three days and even if we have to, we will do 4 if DH work schedule conflicts. Feeling really confident based on your info, ready for next round. Yes, full dairy all the way! Thanks so much and all the best to you and your family

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast