Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Would "newer" sperm sway boy or girl?

I'm new here so I'm not sure if I'm posting my question i. The right place so I apologize in advance if its wrong. I'm a mom of two boys and want to try for a girl for my last baby. I dont get pregant super easy and had to use preseed to conceive my first 2 boys. I recently read about a study that stated that having sex twice in a row increased your odds od getting pregnant since the second "sperm sample" was more potent. My question is would thia sway boy, girl or just be neutral?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gla...ce-in-a-ro/amp

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We honestly don't know. We started off thinking that could sway pink by lowering sperm count. But SOO many people tried it and failed with it (I don't mean they got boys, I mean their husband could literally not BD again and even when he could, people did not conceive) that we gave up on it and people rarely use it.

I would honestly put very little stock into this because it was with artificial insemination where the sperm is washed (so amount of semen is not an issue) and inserted up inside away from the vaginal environment. I disagree with the researcher about "it's reasonable to assume sex will work the same" because the second batch will invariably have much less protective semen and since the sperm will have to swim farther, fewer sperm will likely not be able to counteract the harsh environment to find the egg. A different thing as taking a sperm sample, washing it (so semen is not an issue), bypassing the entire VJ and putting it right up next to the egg.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So take this with a grain of salt, and as purely anecdotal: for our second IVF cycle, my husband released twice in rapid succession for our semen sample. Of three semen samples anayzed in 5 months, that was the one with the highest concentration of sperm and had the most sperm post-wash. Granted we still had lots of other sperm issues with him, and were doing lots of things to help improve his sperm throughout this period as well, but even the embryologist commented, "Whatever you've been doing, keep it up."

My current pregnancy we swayed boy and my DH did have sex with me twice one morning the day of positive OPK, so obviously I'm hoping it helps sway boy, but we also had tons of sex in general. I do want to add that there was another study that said sperm fragmentation lowered from close together releases as well -- which isn't something that sways, but was something I was conscience of considering our history of loss and sperm DNA issues.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    So take this with a grain of salt, and as purely anecdotal: for our second IVF cycle, my husband released twice in rapid succession for our semen sample. Of three semen samples anayzed in 5 months, that was the one with the highest concentration of sperm and had the most sperm post-wash. Granted we still had lots of other sperm issues with him, and were doing lots of things to help improve his sperm throughout this period as well, but even the embryologist commented, "Whatever you've been doing, keep it up."

My current pregnancy we swayed boy and my DH did have sex with me twice one morning the day of positive OPK, so obviously I'm hoping it helps sway boy, but we also had tons of sex in general. I do want to add that there was another study that said sperm fragmentation lowered from close together releases as well -- which isn't something that sways, but was something I was conscience of considering our history of loss and sperm DNA issues.
    Right but just to be clear - he released both times INSIDE, right? The pink tactic involved dumping the first batch (like, he masturbates and then that release goes to the Great Clothes Hamper in the sky) and then BD again. 2 back to back BD absolutely unequivocably (barring any new info that could come to light, LOL) sways blue, not pink. I just don't want any pink swayers to get confused and start doing what you describe there

Thanks for sharing your experience! Very helpful!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Right but just to be clear - he released both times INSIDE, right? The pink tactic involved dumping the first batch (like, he masturbates and then that release goes to the Great Clothes Hamper in the sky) and then BD again. 2 back to back BD absolutely unequivocably (barring any new info that could come to light, LOL) sways blue, not pink. I just don't want any pink swayers to get confused and start doing what you describe there

Thanks for sharing your experience! Very helpful!

Oh yes, sorry! Yes, definitely inside, haha!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post