Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC Girl - how often to BD

Hello! New to the site and I’m confused! TTC my third and hoping for a girl after my two gorgeous boys. With them I BD every other day, definitely on the day of O, I O’d. With my second I upped my calcium, took calcium and magnesium tablets.

So girl time now - BD every day from AF up until O then abstain for 4 days, then back to every days? Am I right? I’m so confused!

Trying to follow a girl diet but I am massively underweight anyway (fast metabolism) so cutting meats/processed food and upping my sugar/choc. Starting to take Vitex as came off the pill and still haven’t AF. Ph is 5. Going to try shallow positions as was deep for boys 😬😬

Thanks for any help, this is my last chance so really hoping for a girl x

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey! Just want to say hi and welcome. Not much of a help, just a fellow TTC girl over here. This site is loaded with info, just look around, it's incredible. Im sure atomic will have answers for you. I think mostly you need to have a cycle first to see how you work. Also if you try to do diet, stats seems to show it's better being on the diet for at least 12 weeks. I'm still going at the diet, not 12 weeks yet.

Bout the attempts, many do just one attempt at positive opk. If they are testing. I'm not sure about the abstain though. I will ask all those questions in august. Lol. Sorry not a help. Just wanted to say hey.

GL and pink baby dust

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

I know it's confusing at first but many of us had the same experience you had...got boys doing things the old-school way and wanted daughters so on this site we use more modern research (most of that old school stuff is totally debunked!) and we're getting great results that way. So whenever you see something that is confusing please just ask - that's what I'm here for. Everything has a reason or explanation as to why we do things a little differently.

BD every other day is a great way to get a boy! So that is good - because there's something that can easily be changed.

We do not believe the "bd every day thru O" is a good way to get a girl AT ALL and I really advise against doing that. I have a full explanation why not to do that here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...nk-lately.html

To start with I'd have you do one attempt. If you believe in timing you can do that attempt 2-3 days before you expect to ovulate (although that will be pretty hard coming off the pill!). Or, you can have one attempt at first positive OPK/peak on fertility monitor (this is not going to be Shettles timing as a sway tactic, though.) If you would prefer to do timing to start, you can also use a fertility monitor and have your attempt at the second "high" reading...but be aware that it's possible to go right to "peak" without ever getting a high reading, or to have many days of high in a row and so if that happens, you won't be able to use timing anyway. (Timing really does NOT sway at all and you can read the case against timing here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html

I would not have you do vitex. Taking vitex immediately after coming off the pill has made it take a long time for people's cycle to come back again.

You can do LE Diet while underweight. YOu just stick to the protein and fat limits while upping calories to keep weight stable. LE Diet is found here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...l-version.html and then you'd boost cals to whatever level you need to keep weight on.

RE shallow release - It's totally up to you to start off with shallow, of course. just want you to be aware we've found that to really, really REALLY cut odds of conception to do shallow and it's never been proven to sway anyway. We have had people who were doing shallow going on for a year or even longer not conceiving (even after giving up all other sway tactics) so it's fine to start off using it, but be prepared to drop it at some point, preferably before adding attempts!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!! It’s so confusing, I’m not up to date with all the abbreviations either (OPK?) will totally check out those links, thanks v much!! Am glad I can do the LE diet then, I don’t want to drop any weight so that’s a big help. So BD every 2-3 days I always?

Aha I wasn’t going to use Vitex as I know I O late and thought it might delay things, but then I’ve been reading a lot of positive Vitex girl sways and thought it might bring my AF back more quickly 🙈🙈 especially as calcium&magnesium were no help to me second time round!

Thanks so much for your help!! Loving the fact I don’t have to BD every day after all 😂😂 xx

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!! So much info, it’s so useful although I’m getting a bit confused as to what’s good for me personally and what’s not. I want to do it all 😬😬

Best of luck, I’m hoping to properly try August/sept/Oct so will be back with more questions for you! Xx

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkingMamaUK View Post
    Thank you!! So much info, it’s so useful although I’m getting a bit confused as to what’s good for me personally and what’s not. I want to do it all

Best of luck, I’m hoping to properly try August/sept/Oct so will be back with more questions for you! Xx
    You can do the membership options to get the help you personally need. Check out what options there are. Welcome aboard. I hope you find what helps

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!! It’s so confusing, I’m not up to date with all the abbreviations either (OPK?) will totally check out those links, thanks v much!! Am glad I can do the LE diet then, I don’t want to drop any weight so that’s a big help. So BD every 2-3 days I always?

Aha I wasn’t going to use Vitex as I know I O late and thought it might delay things, but then I’ve been reading a lot of positive Vitex girl sways and thought it might bring my AF back more quickly ���� especially as calcium&magnesium were no help to me second time round!

Thanks so much for your help!! Loving the fact I don’t have to BD every day after all ���� xx
    OPK are just ovulation predictor kits, these little sticks u can pee on that detect the surge of hormones that happen 1-2 days before you ovulate.

We have gotten really poor results with vitex. 54% success rate vs. 69% for the overall success rate of the site. I had a statistician run a statistical analysis on vitex and she assumed it was swaying blue. Please note, I am not convinced it sways blue and I do still keep it around for those who want to use it (on paper, it "should" sway pink), but it's pretty clear to me that it is not doing anything beneficial and thus we are using it less and less and our results are better than ever so to my mind it's not worth the trouble it causes most people.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!! So much info, it’s so useful although I’m getting a bit confused as to what’s good for me personally and what’s not. I want to do it all ����

Just keep asking till it falls into place - that's what I"m here for!

Yes the tendency is to think "well I'll do EVERYTHING and thus be guaranteed a girl" but sadly that's not the way it works. In fact we've seen the trend that the people who try to do super complex sways where they include every tactic are very often the ones who get opposites anyway and the best approach seems to be focusing on what has worked for most people, most of the time, and letting go of the stuff that hasn't worked and really cuts odds of conception.

Just let me know how I can help you getting this all ironed out.