Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Second day positive opk - help and quick question!

Hi! Trying for a little lady and got a positive opk yesterday and today. Haven’t dtd in 5 days due to my husband being out of town. Should we try again or wait until next cycle?
    Thank you!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you BD once since the positive OPK? Sorry I'm not totally following the timeline here.

If you got a positive OPK and your last BD was 5 days ago then yes yes yes BD NOW!

If you have already had an attempt since your positive OPK then stick with that. But like I said if your last intercourse was 5 days back I strongly suggest you have attempt now.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I’m having trouble figuring out how to post a new thread again but was hoping to ask a few more questions.
    1. Diet - I’m on the lower end of a normal BMI but am trying to follow a reduced protein and sodium diet while taking in plenty of cal/mag. I don’t believe it’s healthy to cut out essential nutrients, but I have been skipping breakfast and snacking less. Will that help sway?
    2. Exercise - I’m very active and average about 120 minutes of activity/exercise per day but it tends to be spread out between work and the little ones. Does exercise have to include 60 consecutive minutes or will the total active time help sway?
    3. Other than the one attempt at positive OPK, anything else that can help the sway?
    Thanks and sorry I can’t figure out how to post in a new thread!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To post a new thread you have to actually click open a forum, so go to the main forum page and look for whatever forum you want to post in, like TTC a Girl (and just to make it easy here's a link https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...nceive-a-girl/) and then you'll see the "start new thread" option. That is the part people miss, that you actually have to open a forum before the new thread option appears.

1)I think you have a misconception about LE Diet. You do not need to cut out essential nutrients, that has never been part of the LE Diet. Anyone who says that you do (like on another site or social media) is incorrect; this is MY diet that I invented and I am the one to listen to on this one Sometimes people think I'm misreporting on someone else's diet, but nope, LE Diet was designed by me to be a healthier sway diet option and I used the World Health Organization guidelines for a healthy prepregnancy diet and also reproductive endocrinologists' guidelines for a healthy rate of weight loss for their clients. This boils down to 1500-1800 cals a day for most people (many eat more like 1800-2000, very few people eat slightly less than that like if they're very petite or have a lot of weight to spare), 40-50 g protein (some go up to 50-60 g) 30-60 g fat (some eat 50-60 g fat) Avoid prenatals (take only folic acid or folate) and fortified foods. That's it. That is all you have to do for LE Diet and it is a healthy, nutritious pre-pregnancy diet, just the lower range of normal.

So, to answer your question, any changes you make in a pink-friendly direction will still sway pink even if you don't do everything in the LE Diet. But I just want to be sure you're going in knowing what the LE Diet really even is because many times people think it's way more strict when it was really designed to be a healthy diet that is easy to stick to.

Re protein, PLEASE be very careful about just eating "reduced protein". What happens sometims is that people think "well I'll just eat less protein" but then fail to observe the minimums. The minimums are more important on LE Diet than the maximums are because that is what ensures you're eating a solid diet preconception. So do be sure you're getting a minimum 40-50 g protein and low carb vegetables are free and unlimited...you count nothing in them at all, and you can have as much as you want. Higher carb veg and fruit, count only calories and not protein or fat (they're free for those.) So you actually need to very likely increase the amount of protein and fat and even calories to compensate for the free status of fruit and veg.

Sodium - We have not found sodium to sway and the science does not support it, either. We've all but given up on sodium and our results are higher than ever. Many of us, myself included, got boys while limiting sodium and then gave that restriction up when we got our girls. I have a more thorough explanation in this thread. https://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc...s-edition.html

It's totally cool to restrict sodium if you would like to but from my days back on Ingender, I had a name for people who just limited sodium and took cal-mag...boy moms. People got TONS of boys doing that so while it's fine for you to do that, I just don't want you to rely on those things to carry the day.

Skipping breakfast may help a little but it's no magic bullet. It gets about the overall success rate of the site which is great, but likely indicates it's not adding too awfully much all on its own.

Exercise - while it is best to get 60 min. of exercise in one fell swoop, the rulez are a little different for someone who's really quite physically active all day long (like nurses, pro athletes, etc) Just be honest with yourself and analyze how active you really are being and if you really feel that you can't legit add in 60 consecutive minutes due to high level of activity all day long, that is totally cool. What we are trying to avoid is people having 30 min. of exercise (which builds muscle but is not enough to start burning off those fat stores, which sways pink) and then stopping, resting, eating a meal, then doing another 30 min of exercise later (again, musclebuilding). But that's really not the same thing as someone who runs their tushie off for several hours a day, just not necessarily 60 min. straight, ever. (pplease ask if this is less than clear, htis is a bit hard to explain)

People do a lot of tactics that are said to sway, but few of them really seem to be adding anything in our stats. (diet plus coffee, fiber, alcohol; exercise; one attempt; Clomid/Femara) The one exception to this seems to be the jump and dump...that did seem to add a little something extra in our results but we are not sure if that's a legit finding or if it is just a coincidence. But if you're looking for something to add into the equation, it has at the least not seemed to sway blue (although it will cut odds of conception...so many of us do this after 5 minutes and not immediately.)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. Thank you so much for the thoughtful and very detailed reply. I don’t know you keep up with it all!
    That makes sense. I’ll try to up the exercise to 60 consecutive mins at least 4 days/week. Good to know about the diet and sodium goals. Thank u again!!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a very fast typist.

You're welcome and please don't hesitate to let me know if you need anything. Good luck.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very interesting! Thank you again. One more question re EWCM. I’ve tried to search the forums but don’t see an answer for this. I have been on the diet for about 7 weeks and following the other recs but I still have copious amounts of EWCM and worry that will sway blue. We dtd once at positive opk and that was it but I had a lot of EWCM. Any thoughts or recs for next month if I don’t get my BFP? Thank you!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have not found the level and quality of EWCM to be in any way predictive of whose sways work out (for pink OR blue swayers, who of course are doing everything they can to make more EWCM).

While the majority of people do see their EWCM become drier over time on LE diet, not everyone does, and I've seen so many people get girls with lots of visible EWCM and boys with none (including myself, with my 4th boy I had NO EWCM at all that I saw testing 2-3 times a day and did not even know I ovulated that's how little I had. Then I got my girl with visible EWCM that lasted for several days)

If BFN you may end up seeing less EWCM in future months or you may not. Diet seems to dry up CM over the course of time and it may be that 7 weeks just hasn't been enough for you.

How many months have you been trying?? I would likely have you do one attempt next month too, but instead of stopping there, I'd pick it up with e4d after the one attempt in case of delayed ovulation. But if you've been trying for a while then you should go to straight e4d - unprotected sex every 4 days (in the 72 hour aka "monday/thursday" pattern) starting after AF ends and going on till you're certian you have ovulated, even if it means going all the way thru till next period starts.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!! We haven’t been trying that long — only a couple months and have been doing the every four days when possible. For my boys, we dtd several times around O, so I’m definitely on board with one attempt. I’ve read the posts about cut offs (and Shettles) not working, as that was my original plan, especially w the abundance of EWCM .I’m glad to hear you’ve still seen a decent number of girls produced in spite of that. Thanks again for your help!