Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

PCOS and Adenomyosis

Hello!

New member here. I have a beautiful 2 year old son who we conceived very easily even with my PCOS. However, i've now found out that i also have adenomyosis and wonder if anyone on here has had luck conceiving with both? We have tried the past three months, i have used an ovulation kit which i don't think was accurate as i've had weird mixed results, and nothing yet and i wondered if both conditions are now going to cause some real difficulty conceiving?

I would also like to add that i would love a little girl next time round. I am very new to the gender sway and didn't even realise this was a thing till i found this site yesterday so don't really know where to start. Any advice welcome. Thank you x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

Yes i have had several clients who had PCOS and adenomyosis. I would have you on our alternate diet you can find here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc...-sugar-issues= Above all else, please try to limit sugar, use whole grains, fruit and vegetables instead of white refined grains, and NO SKIM DAIRY! Even 2% is a no-no. Just have full fat only, 1 serving a day minimum.

Can you tell me more about the mixed results you're having with the OPK??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy

Hello!

Thanks for responding 😊

I’m currently mostly vegan and have been for a few months so I don’t have dairy or eggs, mainly because it gives me awful hormonal acne due to my PCOS. I eat a little fish from time to time but that’s it, no other meat. I’m taking B12 vitamin now as my hair was falling out a little and I felt lethargic due to lack of protein which is why I have fish from time to time. Sugar is an issue for me as I’m completely addicted, I’ve definitely limited it a lot the past few months but I do love cakes and chcolate (dairy free).

The first time I tried the ovulation kit I had high fertility showing six days in a row but no peak days. The second time I had low fertility days and then suddenly straight to peak fertility but this was only four days after my period had finished which I find odd.

We have stopped trying the past two months as I’m having dental work done and will be starting again after this months cycle. Although now I’ve found out about gender sway perhaps I should wait after changing my diet? Will what I’m eating now affect my chances? How many positive pinks have you had with women with my condition?

Thank you
    Liza

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unfortunately sugar is just about the worst thing (short of skim dairy, LOL) that you can be doing for PCOS. Both for the sake of your sway and your overall fertility, I am not loving the diet you're on right now. Swaywise, sugar can raise your testosterone levels

I have seen a lot of trouble for PCOSers on vegan diets unless they are eating extremely healthfully. Vegan diets can be super carby and can flare PCOS so while it's ok to continue veganism if you like, just be aware of the pitfalls with the excess carb intake.

Additionally, soy foods may really really flare adenomyosis and so if you're eating them as a part of your vegan diet, they need to go. Very important!

I suspect that if you were eating eggs and full fat dairy without having a lot of sugar and carbs, you would see the acne improve but I understand if you prefer to skip them for now. I really do think you'll be better off eating some meat, though, particularly if you're eating a lot of soy right now.

Fish is fine, no more than 2x a week though due to the risks of mercury prior to conceiving.

May I ask your weight? I would seriously consider having you add in a supplement called Pregnitude - but it can make weight come off very rapidly so we have to use it judiciously only in people who can use it without wasting away to nothing.

It's super common to have wonky results with fertility monitors and OPK with PCOS. Both many days of high or positive in a row and skipping over the high entirely, going right to peak are very common.

we have best results with 12 weeks + on diet so if there's any way to postpone even for one adiitional month, it may help.

We have 68% success rates for all PCOSers, the PCOSers who follow my LE PCOS diet have 73% success rate. Having both PCOS and adenomyosis/endometriosis seemed like such a small sample size that I haven't bothered to track, although I should have since over time I have had lots of people fall into that category (some of these things I would have had to be able to predict the future to know that I should track them!)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That’s interesting. I was actually mostly Paleo for three years before we conceived our son and that happened on our second attempt. I wonder if that helped our success. My periods are regular, they come every month but that happened after I made sure I excercised during the week and watched my diet (aside the sugar of course). I have eggs, milk, yoghurt and cream on this diet but found my skin to still flare up which is why I’ve now cut it out.

I don’t eat a lot of carbs even now, no pasta or bread but I do have white rice and beans/lentils. I do eat a lot of tofu but being Asian that has always been a part of my diet. I didn’t realise that was an aggravator for addenomyosis.

I have I say I’m very confused now as what to do. I really don’t want to start eating meat or dairy again so I will have to think about what can work for me moving forward.

I’ve just read some reviews on the supplement you have suggested. They look great, but do you know if this product is natural? I’m weary of taking anything which is why I never tried metmorfin, I have always tried to do things naturally as I worry what it will do to my body in the long run.

I really appreciate your feedback. If I wanted to stay vegan would there be a plan you could help with or is it really going to be difficult?

Thank you

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy

Oh and I’m not sure but My weight usually fluctuates between 140 - 147 lbs. I haven’t weighed myself in quite a while. 😂☺️

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    White rice (not processed rice crackers and stuff, just the cooked rice) is very well tolerated but you may want to cut back on the beans and lentils. Some evidence indicates that they may reduce fertility for some people. keep well away from breads and pastas.

Soy has phytoestrogens in it that may aggravate both endometriosis and adenomyosis. Most reputable sources suggest avoiding or strictly limiting soy foods for people with these conditions. I can imagine a good compromise where you reduce soy but keep eating beans/lentils and see how you are doing on that.

Yes it's natural. It is based on inositol which is also called Vitamin B8 and is a type of sugar (chemically it's a sugar but it doesn't affect your body like sugar does). It's present in your body's tissues. It works much like Metformin does.

Yes we could get this worked out if you wanted to stay vegan. Absolutely. But it would take some creativity because I really do suspect the soy is not helping you in any way, shape or form and I know soy is very useful for vegan meals. We'd have to focus more on rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes (all of which are largely well tolerated despite their carb levels), coconut, tree nuts, mushrooms, and then to a lesser extent the beans and lentils. Totally possible but it may be more restrictive than what you're used to.

Do absolutely fit exercise in if you can. Even if you can't get up to the higher exercise recommendation it is going to be so good with the PCOS you need to do it even if you can only do moderate.