Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie.Z View Post
    Hi. I can’t tell you how unusual that was for me. I get my menstrual cycle almost to the day on time month in and month out, which I’m assuming also means I ovulate on time.
    The first month I attempt I was really delayed. I had 5 days of flashy, on the fifth day it was still flashy in the morning, but when I retook the test in the afternoon it was solid / peak. So peak on 5th day, second test in afternoon.
    That is not uncommon. The body is pretty good at detecting stress and that month we plan to attempt we often have these low levels (or ok, maybe not so low, LOL) of anxiety that we aren't even fully aware of but our body notices and thinks "something is wrong here, maybe now is not the time for an egg to show up" and stops everything in its tracks for a few days or weeks even sometimes till something sends it enough of a signal to let the egg go.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks Katie.Z thanked for this post
    Likes Thirdtimelucky01 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Absolutely, I was certainly not lacking in the stress department. It must be so!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I would have you go to e4d but only you can answer that question. The other option, is, of course, to keep testing and if the test goes positive today or later on, have another attempt. You are out of the window where it would count or two attempts.
    I had my solid smile on the morning of day 8! Today would be the day to DTD if I wanted e4d pattern but I’m a bit scared as I had two boys conceived with one attempt close to ovulation. I want to try and time it to have my one attempt at 0-2 which proves to be more tricky than I thought! (Last month I had my peak reading on CD15 while this month its CD20!). So I guess I’ll stick with My cd16 attempt this time around and try for a cutoff next month and if that doesn’t work I’ll move onto e4d. Thanks for your advice Atomic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirdtimelucky01 View Post
    I had my solid smile on the morning of day 8! Today would be the day to DTD if I wanted e4d pattern but I’m a bit scared as I had two boys conceived with one attempt close to ovulation. I want to try and time it to have my one attempt at 0-2 which proves to be more tricky than I thought! (Last month I had my peak reading on CD15 while this month its CD20!). So I guess I’ll stick with My cd16 attempt this time around and try for a cutoff next month and if that doesn’t work I’ll move onto e4d. Thanks for your advice Atomic!

AUGH PLEASE HAVE ATTEMPT ASAP. Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

I am not entirely following your timeline here but do not ever use a positive OPK on CD 8 as your positive OPK to time an attempt (unless you have super short cycles normally). That was a false positive, sperm deposited that early would have immediately died, and if you do not have another attempt you will have zero chance of conception.

Now, if you had an attempt CD 16, where are you now in terms of cycle days???

You can see why a) cutoffs are so hard to get right and b) the people who say they had cutoffs are dirty rotten liars LOL. This is what happens to EVERYONE trying for a cutoff. Cycles are not that regular (even regular cycles!) and there is no way to know if the people who tell you they had a cutoff, even had one! And when scientists went back through using Shettles (and the others who did timing studies) own data, using modern knowhow to actually pin down when the people in the studies ovulated, they found that timing did not work at all. 50-50 boys and girls conceived every cycle day, using the same data sets that Shettles used to "prove" timing. All the participants just misjudged their O day and no one actually took the time to go over their temps and figure out when they actually Oed!

7. Thanks Thirdtimelucky01 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AUGH PLEASE HAVE ATTEMPT ASAP. Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

I am not entirely following your timeline here but do not ever use a positive OPK on CD 8 as your positive OPK to time an attempt (unless you have super short cycles normally). That was a false positive, sperm deposited that early would have immediately died, and if you do not have another attempt you will have zero chance of conception.

Now, if you had an attempt CD 16, where are you now in terms of cycle days???

You can see why a) cutoffs are so hard to get right and b) the people who say they had cutoffs are dirty rotten liars LOL. This is what happens to EVERYONE trying for a cutoff. Cycles are not that regular (even regular cycles!) and there is no way to know if the people who tell you they had a cutoff, even had one! And when scientists went back through using Shettles (and the others who did timing studies) own data, using modern knowhow to actually pin down when the people in the studies ovulated, they found that timing did not work at all. 50-50 boys and girls conceived every cycle day, using the same data sets that Shettles used to "prove" timing. All the participants just misjudged their O day and no one actually took the time to go over their temps and figure out when they actually Oed!
    Sorry I did not explain clear enough! My first positive OPK was after having flashy smiles for 7 days in a row, and this was CD20 (so flashy smiles from CD13). And I had an attempt on CD13 and CD16. The flashy smiles got me super confused this cycle! Last month I had peak readings on CD14 and CD15 with EWCM on CD15 so I assume I ovulated on CD15? However this time around I had EWCM on CD18, CD19 and watery but much less on CD20 (sorry TMI) but no peak readings until CD20 and CD21. When do you think I ovulated? The more I watch my cycle the more I agree with you that it’s easier to just have one attempt at positive OPK and not aim at a cutoff but I’m so scared as I had two boys this way! This is 100% my last child (the whole family thinks I’m crazy for even considering one more) and I’d rather take longer to get pregnant and get a girl.

Let me tell you what else is happening- I think I’m ready!

3 months on LE diet, last month I really got the hang of it - and my last period started in the afternoon for the first time ever!
    Coffee every day, alcohol every so often
    No snacking, juices, red meat
    Try to skip breakfast, fast 12-15 hours overnight
    Fiber
    Folate
    Cardio 5-6 days a week 45-50 minutes
    Olive leaf extract for DH
    Release for DH every 2-4 days

Lost about 1-1.5 kilos in 3 months, BMI 19. Feel really good.

My last cycle was 26 days (vs usually 29-31) so I assume it’s because daily cardio and change in diet. But given my late ovulation this time I’d expect my cycle to be at least 31 days (if I ovulated in CD 20 or 21). What do you think I should do next month given that ovulation day changed so much? E4d? Sorry for such a long post!

9. Likes Katie.Z liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    first thing just to clarify: You can't tell when you ovulated last month. CD 14, 15, maybe even 16. Do not assume you ovulated CD 15 based on your OPK or your CM. If your period came 14 days after CD 15, for example, that is a decent indicator that was O day. But the timing of the OPK and CM just can't pin down O to the day.

And for this month, you also can't tell when you ovulated! Your CM just doesn't tell you anything, many of us have EWCM for months in advance. The odds are CD 21 based on when you got the first positive but it could have been CD 20 or CD 22. I'm sorry to say I think your chance of conception is pretty low this month, but that doesn't mean 100% for sure you won't get pregnant, just that the timing of the BD is not what I consider ideal chance of conceiving. If you ovulated sooner you'll have a better shot.

Let me lay out the trouble with saying things like "I'd rather it take longer and get a girl than get pregnant fast and get a boy." The problem is, it can take longer and you can get a boy! And over the course of time (and I know you don't believe me when I say this, but it's totally true) as you see those BFN start to pile up, people start to panic and assume their fertility has been destroyed and start doing all this stuff to conceive (most of which sways blue). Not to mention that the diet over time can mess with your ovulation delaying or even stopping it, and you would basically have to start eating blue-friendly to get it going again. You are already well below my cutoff of 21 and I strongly, strongly urge you to course correct on diet immediately becasue you're losing too much weight.

My point of all this is to say please don't waste time chasing sway tactics that do not work and have been completely debunked like timing. I know you don't see the downside right now but I PROMISE you the downsides are very real and I believe one of the main reasons people get opposites, is by cutting back too far on diet, losing too much weight, doing too many strict sway tactics that reduce odds of concepiton to nil, and then having to do a complete 180 just to start ovulating again. It is better by far to be in with at least some chance of pregnancy every month that passes because there are people who sway for 2 years, who remain strict and compromise on nothing, who STILL GET BOYS. I think we get this mindset where the longer it takes we get some sort of guarantee, and that's not only not true, but the opposite is true for a good many people.

I would do either e4d or one attempt at pos OPK and then go to e4d afterwards (this is a compromise I use for people who aren't ready to go all in on e4d just yet) You could also do the e4d in the every 96 hour pattern, that may be more pink friendly although not as good a chance of conception.

11. Thanks Thirdtimelucky01 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you get flashy smile two days in a row?

Hi Atomic and everyone, HELP!!! I need your opinion. I got positive OPK (smiley face on the Clearblue that has either empty circle or a smiley face) at 1pm on CD17 so I had an attempt that night. I decided to test further to see how long my LH surge would last, it’s CD20 today And I got another peak reading this morning which turned low fertility (empty circle) by 1pm of CD20. Should I have another attempt tomorrow (That would be e4d) or stick with the one attempt I had?

Last edited by Thirdtimelucky01; January 21st, 2020 at 07:20 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The rate at which your test goes negative is really not at all helpful in determining when you ovulated. You can have positive tests after ovulation and negative tests and still be yet to ovulate.
    I always like to see you guys do an e4d attempt when there's ever any doubt (so yes, I'd recommend another attempt) but I think it's entirely likely that you Oed already and just got pos tests after the fact. But when in doubt, e4d.

14. Thanks Thirdtimelucky01 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The rate at which your test goes negative is really not at all helpful in determining when you ovulated. You can have positive tests after ovulation and negative tests and still be yet to ovulate.
    I always like to see you guys do an e4d attempt when there's ever any doubt (so yes, I'd recommend another attempt) but I think it's entirely likely that you Oed already and just got pos tests after the fact. But when in doubt, e4d.
    From what I read, the ovulation happens in the 24-36 hours after LH peaks, is that right?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. The average time to ovulation is about 36 hours but average means it can happen sooner or later.

Plus, you need to understand that you can't tell when you really peak based on the OPK. They're deceptive.

So while theoretically 36 hours is a good likely time to ovulate, it may not happen that way, so that's why we do the e4d.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast