Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you get flashy smile two days in a row?

Hi everyone. Testing my 0 getting flashy smiley second day in a row, is that possible? I thought day after flashy smile it was solid smile which is peak fertility? Is my test wrong?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The flashy is two days followed by two days of peak (usually). that's normally what most people get. 2 days flashy, 2 days solid.

There are some exceptions, though, where the flashy goes on for many days, or is one day, or even NO days and you just go straight to peak.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Or I get a flashy smile followed by a solid smile in 3-4 hours! There are all sorts of combinations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Katie.Z thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES! There really are endless variations on how the OPK come in. They're a very imprecise tool but unfortunately they're the best we have.

6. Thanks Katie.Z thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ladies so much for the reply. Today is day three of flashy smilie testing first thing in the morning. I will retest in the afternoon to make sure it doesn’t go solid and if it dies will start the attempts tonight. I certainly didn’t know what to expect here with the ovulation tests, I really should have played around more with them in the last months leading up to the sway so I know what to expect. Last month was the only month I tested with the ovulation kit, and i had no high fertility at all just went straight to peak. Also, To be honest I assumed that it’s similar to what’s shown on my fertility app, which shows one high fertility day and one peak day. Now I see how inaccurate that is. I’d love to give my sway a good shot right now so just waiting for that solid smiley maybe later this afternoon, maybe tomorrow morning.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thirdtimelucky, yes I really see that now. I see how it can be a challenge, and how easily a good fertile window can be missed. I’m trying to be on top of it. I also ran out of my tests so had to get a new box, but still using my result-tool from the old box as it learns what each individuals normal is. Also something I had no idea about, assumed all tests just look for a X level of hormone. Learning as i go here, hope I don’t mess anything up.
    Last edited by Katie.Z; November 9th, 2019 at 12:10 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie.Z View Post
    Thirdtimelucky, yes I really see that now. I see how it can be a challenge, and how easily a good fertile window can be missed. I’m trying to be on top of it. I also ran out of my tests so had to get a new box, but still using my result-tool from the old box as it learns what each individuals normal is. Also something I had no idea about, assumed all tests just look for a X level of hormone. Learning as i go here, hope I don’t mess anything up.
    Many of us get our boys never using the things, just having sex when we are in the mood to! It's ok I promise you can get boys even without getting a great result with the tests.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ladies so much for the reply. Today is day three of flashy smilie testing first thing in the morning. I will retest in the afternoon to make sure it doesn’t go solid and if it dies will start the attempts tonight. I certainly didn’t know what to expect here with the ovulation tests, I really should have played around more with them in the last months leading up to the sway so I know what to expect. Last month was the only month I tested with the ovulation kit, and i had no high fertility at all just went straight to peak. Also, To be honest I assumed that it’s similar to what’s shown on my fertility app, which shows one high fertility day and one peak day. Now I see how inaccurate that is. I’d love to give my sway a good shot right now so just waiting for that solid smiley maybe later this afternoon, maybe tomorrow morning.
    Ok I think I may know how to fix our problem. You need to be testing after lunch (even in the ones that say to test in the morning like the Clearblues, I feel it's best if you guys also do another test after lunch). The hormone that the OPK measure peaks in your urine after lunch. If these flashies were exclusively in the morning, I wonder if we might have gotten at least one peak with them after lunch.

The fertility apps are terrible. I really don't think they're good for anyone and indeed know of several people who got accidentally pregnant when using them to prevent pregnancy, that's how unreliable they are. The OPK don't correlate to them in any way.

Hoping you get that solid this afternoon!! FXFXFX!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How interesting, I didn’t know that! I try to test first thing in the morning and then around 1pm with my clearblue and most months I can catch that peak solid smiley (but I’m swaying pink so trying to learn when I go from high to peak fertility to try with a cutoff). Also wanted to tell you that I got my two boys with one attempt, DS1 when I had flashy smiley and DS2 on a solid smiley day, just FYI. Sending you all my blue dust!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic. Took another test after lunch, flashy smile once more. Didn’t drink a ton of liquids before as previously advised. So had flashy in the morning, flashy after lunch. Thanks so much for sticking with me during this time. Crossed my fingers for tomorrow. We BD yesterday with protection and will break today. Really hoping tomorrow morning will be solid.

In the meantime I’m on my 6th day on guaifenesin, DH taking break form fish oil, and here we are.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast