Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    oh gosh, just reading this now... I must have had sky high testosterone levels during my sway, I made so many mistakes and can now see why the light, relaxed sway I had for my dd actually worked while this full on sway didnt work (not saying its ever 100%, but I do see that I actually swayed boy more so than girl if that makes sense. Crazy.)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing that nini. It means a lot more coming from you than it does from me ((((hugs))))
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there a good rule of thumb for how much peppermint tea to drink, and how much licorice root my husband should take daily?

Also, I am having trouble getting enough protein from the LE diet. What types of proteins are the best to add? I know beans and dairy are both kind of bad, but I have been vegetarian for a long time and those have been important sources of proteins for me.

EDIT: Also, what about the study that showed beans and hard cheese swayed pink? Is there any validity to that, or is that another study where they just attributed the results to one thing and not the overall circumstances?
    Last edited by fourthcanal; July 31st, 2012 at 10:58 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump because I'd like to know the peppermint tea amount, and where we should get our protein from - at the moment most of mine is coming from potatoes, rice and beans.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Northern! Good luck TTC your !! I will be in the same boat next month!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't believe its only 2 weeks til we start trying! eek!
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the bump, sometimes I have a brain fart and read a thread and then get interrupted without having time to reply and then it's no longer illuminated!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by fourthcanal View Post
    Is there a good rule of thumb for how much peppermint tea to drink, and how much licorice root my husband should take daily?

Also, I am having trouble getting enough protein from the LE diet. What types of proteins are the best to add? I know beans and dairy are both kind of bad, but I have been vegetarian for a long time and those have been important sources of proteins for me.

EDIT: Also, what about the study that showed beans and hard cheese swayed pink? Is there any validity to that, or is that another study where they just attributed the results to one thing and not the overall circumstances?
    3 cups of strong pep tea a day. Hubs should take 450 mg LR 3 times a day from AF-O only. (and if he has any history or predispositions towards high blood pressure, it's best to pass on the LR and give him pep tea instead.)

Have you seen this thread 4th? (this is in Dream Members section, so anyone who is not a DM can't open this link unfortunately) http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...disasters.html You can have small amounts of beans and dairy, and I ate beans quite frequently, either in the form of refried beans or hummus. I have always had the same trouble as you, I go over on cals before I could get enough protein and I found that I had to have the beans or I just couldn't get there. Pasta is also very high in protein.

As long as you're moving in the direction of less, you can get away with foods that aren't ideal. LE Diet doesn't ban foods per se, the important thing is that you're lowering your protein intake overall. Things like meats, whole eggs, and full fat dairy have nutrients/hormones in them that may sway blue all on their own, plus, they're very high in protein for very low calories so when people include them, they end up eating next to nothing and starving. Beans are better because they are a little more calorically dense for the amount of protein you get but at the same time, unlike dairy and nuts, they don't have any fat (which you may need or not need, depending on what else you're eating.) There are no forbidden foods, it's the overall goals of the diet that count, and some foods can make it quite a bit harder to stick to the diet - example, drinking 3 glasses of milk a day leaves you very little wiggle room for any other foods.

Re the study - whenever you dramatically change your diet, that's going to sway pink for you. If a person goes from eating 2500 cals including red meat and full fat dairy every day, to eating 2000 cals beans and some hard cheese, that sends a message to your body. At the same time, if you eat a LOT of beans (2500 cals a day), never eat meat to start with, and your body is used to that, it's not going to send that same message.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Shutterbug View Post
    bump because I'd like to know the peppermint tea amount, and where we should get our protein from - at the moment most of mine is coming from potatoes, rice and beans.
    That's fine! Very similar to what I ate. I had baked potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, rice, homemade burritos with no cheese, just 2 T refried beans and some salsa, crispy tacos with the same filling - just beans and salsa with iceberg lettuce, hummus wrap with a tortilla and 2T hummus, buttered toast, 1/2 bagel and cream cheese, spaghetti with marinara sauce.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds great, thanks again!! So should my husband wait until our TTC month to start the licorice root, or should he be taking it now? (He has been taking it for several days already, but I wasn't sure if a change to our diet right before TTC would sway pink with that too).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast