Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Silly family OWTs?

Does anyone else have some silly family OWTs that make them lean one way or another (or hope). I know its crazy and there is NOTHING scientific about it at all (although most OWTs dont have science behind them), but we have a funny little pattern in my family.

I am one of MANY cousins on my dads side and we are very tight knit. We spend two weeks a year together in one house and everyone gets along. So all these cousins are producing my grandmothers great-grand kids. This new baby I am carrying will make 15. But there is a weird pattern. If one baby is born in a particular year (January-December), the following great-grandchild (born in a different year) is the same gender. It goes like this in pairs (first two boys, second two girls, etc) BUT, whenever there are two great-grand babies in the same year, there is one boy and one girl. Like this:

1 (2000): Boy
    2 (2003): Boy
    3 (2004): Girl
    4 (2005): Girl
    5 & 6 (2008) Girl then boy (but were due on the exact same day, they altered the pattern a bit)
    7& 8 (2009) Girl then boy
    9 & 10 (2010): Boy then girl
    11 & 12 (2011): Girl then boy
    13 (2012): Boy
    14 & 15 (2013): Boy then ??

So...I can't help but think if I am going to carry on the trend or be the trend breaker. I have a history of "marching to the beat of my own drummer" per my family. And I broke the tradition of female cousins having girls first (three of the five had a girl, I was the fourth to expect my first child and he was a boy, the fifth is having the boy due before me). I "knew" my second was a boy the moment my cousin announced they were expecting a girl a month before me. It just seemed inevitable. And now I am getting my hopes up on something ridiculous! But I also want to keep the cool trend going, ya know? Am I the only insane person around here?
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats quite interesting, i just had a look at where my baby falls in the line of grandchildren and this is the pattern i came up with (my baby will be number 15 too)

Girl - 17
    Girl - 16
    Boy - 14
    Boy - 10
    Boy - 9
    Girl - 8
    Girl + Boy twins - 7
    Girl - 6
    Girl - 5
    Girl - 2
    Girl - 2
    Girl - 1
    Baby boy due
    My baby Due

I dont see a pattern as such with mine, but interesting to see it laid out like that.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's pretty cool! I hope you keep the trend going.

In my family it goes like this

Boy - 11
    Girl - 9
    Boy - 8
    Girl - 7
    Boy - 5
    Boy - 5
    Boy - 4
    Girl - 2
    Boy - 1

And my future baby....? (Hopefully a girl!)

On my husband's side, it's:

Boy - 12
    Boy - 10
    Boy - 8
    Boy - 7
    Boy - 5
    Boy - 3
    Boy - 2
    Girl! (Mine) - 2 I hope to continue to break the trend of boys on my DH's side
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In my family between my sisters, brother and me it is:

Girl
    Boy 1
    Boy 2
    Boy 3
    Boy 4
    Boy 5
    Boy 6
    Boy 7
    Boy 8
    Boy 10
    Boy 11
    Boy 12
    Girl
    ?? (I want to go for a 4th a few years from now)

I'm hoping to end it on two girls ...lots of boys but I think if we had another, it'd be my 3rd son (we'll prob call him Henry)
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html