Poll: Which of these were true for you (multiple choice).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Morning/Night Sickness

I've heard the following "wives tales":

Morning Sickness or No Sickness is more common with boys.
    Night Sickness or All Day Sickness is more common with girls.
    Sick your entire pregnancy, or only in the second and third trimester, is more common with boys.
    Sick only in the first trimester is more common with girls.
    Hyperemesis gravidarum is more common with girls.

Some of these are completely unfounded, but there have been studies done that show if you have severe morning sickness your odds of finding out it's a girl are higher than if you don't have severe morning sickness. MORE INFO HERE

Of course, this is just statistics--it doesn't mean if you have severe morning sickness you WILL have a girl and that if you don't you WILL have a boy. In fact, my friend had hyperemesis gravidarum with her son, though I had it only with my daughter.

So I'm putting together a little poll to see how the science of the world holds up to the stats on gender dreaming!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My sickness (feeling sick not acutally been sick with any of them) had gotten worse (lasted for long and felt sicker) with all my boys. Ds1 severe but lasted about as long as bug, ds2 lasted a few weeks mostly at lunch times, ds3 lasted well into 2nd trimester, again mostly at lunch times but i really struggled to eat lunch and evening meal with him.

This little one, not very much at all, lasted a couple of weeks slight sick feeling in the evening mostly just put me off certain foods - quite a shock since i suffered quite badly last time round (really hoping its not an early sign something was wrong, although cvs test showed her to be healthy)
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My DS I was never nauseous or sick at all the entire pregnancy! This pregnancy sickness was terrible at night but stopped as soon as I got to the second trimester! Hope it means girl hehe
    June 21 2011 - Ryder
    May 22 2013 - Hudson

Our family is now complete - no more babies for us. We didn't get our girl but I wouldn't trade my boys for the world, so in love.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After feeling like I'm dying every moment of every night and day all the way through my pregnancies I cannot fathom anyone not getting sick at all during pregnancy????!! It's just amazing.
    2005 2007 2011 2013

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS1 I had no sickness at all. DS2 I had horrible morning sickness for 1st trimester.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had no MS with DD, i has slight nausea in the afternoons with DS, or when i would let myself get hungry.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had hyperemesis gravidarum with my DD
    No morning sickness at all with DS1
    Morning sickness until 16 weeks with DS2 - but only after 6pm and when confronted with raw meat! o_O
    Last edited by Tiggerian; December 23rd, 2012 at 06:14 AM.
    2005 2008 2010 2014 2015

Hoping for another baby girl in 2016/17

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had nauseau at night time with ds1
    nothing with ds 2
    Nausea if hungry with ds3

With this one i have nausea 24-7 day and night - no sickness but feel sick non stop even after eating. Getting no sleep as feel more sick when lying down. Whether its because I was / am cooking 2 I dont know or whether its because 1 is a girl I've no idea.
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every pregnancy is different. I do not think it has to do with gender. My first DD I was sick in the mornings and would throw up in the first trimester. My 2nd DD I only had slight morning sicknes but nothing to complain about. With this pregnancy I'm having a boy and I've been sick morning noon and night starting from 9 weeks and am still sick now at 18 weeks. I'd say I've felt the worst. Hope this helped.
    Big Princess 4 Little Princess 2 Baby due in May!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had extremely bad morning sickness for the first 20 weeks with both my boys. With DS1 it was very bad, I couldn't keep anything own and I lost a lot of weight, there were weeks when I couldn't even move my head without throwing up. I still feel traumatised from it. With DS2 it was slightly better, I still vomited frequently throughout the day but I could keep a little food and drink down and I didn't lose as much weight.

I've never been pregnant with a girl so I can't compare, but I'm really hoping that I won't be as sick with a girl. When I get pregnant I'm going to buy a morning sickness self hypnosis CD to see if I can manage it that way. If it works for people in labour then maybe it can work for me when I'm sick.
    DS1 - 5.5
    DS2 - 3

It's a girl!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast