Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With this pregnancy i have had both girl and boy gender dreams throughout my pregnancy. So I have no idea what im having!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have them all the time and I'm not pregnant yet lol. They are so vivid. I dreamt once that I gave birth in the same hospital I had my DS in (which isn't possible because they don't deliver babies anymore) and I saw her laying on the scale being weighed, and I could clearly see she was a girl. That dream was very long. I dreamt half her life. Had another where we had gender reveal photos done, with a box full of balloons, and when we opened it, blue balloons came out. I don't think they really mean anything, except that I think wayyyy too much about this stuff.

[2] healthy baby boy born in 2011
    [21 weeks] Nov. 2012 Went for a scan at 20 weeks, baby measured 17+6, came back for a follow up scan and baby had passed away. Lots of testing, no answers.
    Moving on without my son's brother. Starting our HT journey in 2014.

3. Thanks katiemay thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone had dreams accurate for their first born then wrong with their second ?

Usually my intuition is strong and accurate with just about everything . However I can't help but hope my judgment is being clouded by my desires and sway .

Im 9 weeks pregnant and keep having dreams it's a boy . I've only had one dream that my midwife tells me it's a girl .

My first pregnancy was very similar all boy dreams except 1 and I had a wonderful little boy who lights up my life .

I'm really hoping my dreams are
    Wrong this time . I'm scared of having to share my boy love to a second son .. I know it sounds terrible but I can't shake this fear . I really want a girl for my second and I'm getting a little sad that I'm probably having another boy . I know I'll love him but I know I'll always ache for a girl .
    Last edited by Mommykisses; October 15th, 2017 at 01:22 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dreams do not predict gender. Even if they seemed to in previous pregnancies. Dreams are our brain's way of making sense of our universe and sorting out our feelings so when we have gender desire it's only natural to dream about our baby's gender both hopefully and out of a sense of fear that we won't get what we want. It's not reliable, please do not stress over it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

9 weeks 3 day ultrasound gender guess

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Dreams do not predict gender. Even if they seemed to in previous pregnancies. Dreams are our brain's way of making sense of our universe and sorting out our feelings so when we have gender desire it's only natural to dream about our baby's gender both hopefully and out of a sense of fear that we won't get what we want. It's not reliable, please do not stress over it.
    IMG_4531.JPG this might sound stupid but I'm wondering if anyone has ever guessed gender by the size of a fetus' foot size . I know it's very early but I couldn't help but notice how huge that foot in the photo looks . If you look closely you can see a bit of the foot print . I have tiny feet myself but my husband and son have big feet . would anyone else guess boy because of the foot size ?

7. Dislikes Throwaway_panther disliked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you can't tell gender based on the size of a fetus' foot on ultrasound.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    About a week ago I had two dreams that I had a boy, then last night I had a dream where I had three little girls (sisters but not triplets).

Honestly I will say, as silly as it may sound, that I felt quite shaken after the boy dreams, and after the girl dream I feel calmer and more optimistic.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for the long post —-
    I have attempted a couple
    Times to make a Post on gender blood tests But for some
    Reason it just won’t complete on the website end .
    I have two questions with stories :
    did you end up having a boy or girl ? I know this post is old but my
    Dreams for the last two pregnancies were both accurate ( boys) . This time around I’ve had several girl dreams - 1 dream at the time around implantation seeing a girl turned around and I asked if she was mine then got excited thinking she was and telling her she was so beautiful . The next I was told by a psychic that it was going to be a girl . Then I just had random dreams of toddler girls
    That were implied mine . I ended up going for a private gender blood test this time and it came back negative ( either female or not enough DNA ) well I thought I went in at exactly 10 weeks and I totally screwed up 😩 I was only 9weeks 6 day ... I don’t know how I messed that up . .so I have huge doubts that there was insufficient DNA . Since then I had one dream with a doctor explaining the results that it was a girl and another dream of a girl that looked like son #1 . Now I’ve had two super vivid dreams . 1st - me giving birth to a possible girl then it ended up having a penis and we concluded it was a boy and the second dream was ultrasound images posted on the walls with clear shots of a penis . NOw I’m freaking out and feeling very strong this is boy number 3 .

I’ve tried looking it up about fetal DNA at 9 weeks but all I can find is sneak peak advertising and I k ow that isn’t very accurate . I did my blood test through a lab at prenatal genetics but it is for 10 weeks or after . The don’t measure fetal traction just test for Y chromosome . Does anyone have experience or input on this ?

Also would love to hear about more gender dreams of those with multiples .

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When they have insufficient DNA they come back with that finding. Several people have been told "insufficient DNA" specifically. I'm not sure based on what you're saying in the last paragraph, though...it sounds like this could possibly be some other type of test?

Some people do the Nip-T style tests sooner than 10 weeks. I know of a few people who did them during the 9th week and they were accurate (only one of whom I remember the user name and she deleted her posts, but she tested early in the 9th week, heard girl, and it was correct.) From what I read (no guarantees, but from what I read) the tests are accurate for gender earlier and they wait till 10 weeks+ to be sure about genetic issues. And one day shy of 10 weeks I would take that reading very seriously and expect a girl. I understand wanting to have every i dotted and t crossed, but there is not some magic switch that would get flipped at the 10 week exactly mark, the DNA amount would have been growing by the day all along and I strongly suspect that 9 weeks 6 days is practically the same as 10 weeks.

PS - how did you determine when you ovulated? For all you know you were in the 10th week anyway!

Again, dreams do not predict gender. It's just our brains messing with us. I have had into the thousands of people telling me their dreams and they did not predict their baby's gender...had both people dreaming of successful outcomes that had opposites and others dreaming of opposites that were actually successful sways. It is VERY common for us, even once we've heard gender, to have dreams of having an opposite!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for the reply . You do have a good point about the different in one day and that is something that has crossed My mind .

I had an attempt on April 21st and got a positive opk on the 22nd . So when I did the test I was around 8 weeks from conception ( 9 weeks 6 days from lmp) . I didn’t do nipt just a private gender test through prenatal genetics centre in Canada . From what I understand NIPT will
    Measure amount of fetal fraction/ fetal DNA in mother’s blood so if it is too low then the test comes back inconclusive and then they ask for redraw . but with this particular gender test that I took they only test for Y chromosome . If they don’t detect Y chromosome then it’s either a female or they did not detect enough DNA .
    I did go to a lab to have blood drawn though . I wish I just waited a little
    Longer .

I ended up calling the company and they said I should have done it at 10 weeks from conception ( which it does not state on their website ) on their website it only says 10 weeks or after and that they can detect the smallest amount of DNA . I find that quite confusing and misleading . I know with my last boy I took it at exactly 10 weeks or 10.1 weeks from LMP and it came back accurate and clearly detected Y chromosome early . . I know every pregnancy is different so I guess I’m just worried I didn’t have enough fetal DNA in my blood to detect accurately especially being at 9.6 weeks . I ended up ordering another test because im going crazy . Hopefully I get another female result .

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123