Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think there's a study somewhere on here, or maybe I read it elsewhere, that said pregnant women's intuition with the sex of their child can be somewhere near 70%, but that women that had a strong desire for any particular sex had dramatically lower correct intuition.

I had an insanely strong desire for a boy, but had a strong intuition my DD was a girl -- my husband thought she was a girl from the day of the BFP, and he's not one to go on intuition ever. I think the only time I ever faltered (even with every glaring old wive's tale saying boy) was when I had a very vivid dream of our anatomy scan revealing boy a few days before, but then the morning of I just KNEW we'd be having a girl for sure.

I had a strong intuition my recent loss was a boy, but who knows if that was correct intuition or just desire.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I think there's a study somewhere on here, or maybe I read it elsewhere, that said pregnant women's intuition with the sex of their child can be somewhere near 70%, but that women that had a strong desire for any particular sex had dramatically lower correct intuition.

I had an insanely strong desire for a boy, but had a strong intuition my DD was a girl -- my husband thought she was a girl from the day of the BFP, and he's not one to go on intuition ever. I think the only time I ever faltered (even with every glaring old wive's tale saying boy) was when I had a very vivid dream of our anatomy scan revealing boy a few days before, but then the morning of I just KNEW we'd be having a girl for sure.

I had a strong intuition my recent loss was a boy, but who knows if that was correct intuition or just desire.
    Sorry for your recent loss xx

I was 100% certain my second was a girl but i think it was me convincing myself that i CAN have a girl after a boy like the rest of my family have done. I was even sure after our 20 week scan revealed boy that maybe they got it wrong.. I was hoping on delivery day it would be a girl. It was not, it was my beautiful (naughty) second son. I have lost two babies and im almost sure they were girls.. But, again, that is more than likely mixed up with my strong desire for one.

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

3. Thanks Throwaway_panther, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always thought intuition would be skewed in favor of the desired sex in that case...

My intuition was right both times. I had a preference for a girl the second time, but, my intuition said boy. And I was right.

I actually really preferred a boy with my first, and I also knew that I was having a boy. So, in my case, my preferences didn't affect my awesomely accurate intuition. Haha!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    DS 1 Born August 2013
    DS 2 (Due May 15th, 2017)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was one study done 2 decades ago in a group of 100 women.

Personally, I was dead wrong on my intuition with DS 3 and I didn't even have a gender pref. with him when I got pregnant. A huge part of the reason I had a gender preference was because of my "intuition". I was just so sure he was a girl that when I heard boy, it was like he had usurped "her" place. But "she" never even existed.

I really prefer you guys be cautious with intuition. It makes people very unhappy. Either it ruins pregnancy, or it sets you up for a huge disappointment.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I'm honest with myself, I was right, but in denial. I wanted a boy so badly lol. At my 20 week scan I asked my OB "is it a boy?" and she halfheartedly said "it looks like it may be a boy, heh."This confirmed to me that my intuition was right, and she didn't want to hurt my feelings LOL! I continued to talk myself into the baby being a boy though. Since we had no official confirmation I told family it was a surprise baby and my baby shower was gender neutral.

The day of my shower I wasn't feeling the baby very much and I got very worried, so I left to a quiet room and had a sugary drink (before my healthy days) and laid there with a knowing I carried a baby girl. My grandma mentioned to me when I came out of the room that my belly was shaped like a girl belly haha.

When she was born, I didn't have to hear the doctor say it, I already knew. So yeah, my intuition was right, but my mind was convinced it couldn't be simply because it isn't what I wanted. I regret not buying cute girly things before she was born. She's the best thing that has ever happened to me <3
    Last edited by cosmosis; December 21st, 2016 at 06:42 PM.
    CTNC, FDNIT | Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Coach
    DD '07 SDS '14 Hoping for 2017

7. Likes atomic sagebrush, Lissastick liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will say that I did have intuition 2 times that proved true (with DS 1 and DD) and then NO intuition 2 times (DS 2 and 4) If you think all that sounds a little bit like a crapshoot, yeah, me too.

9. Likes cosmosis liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been wrong every single time! Lol. My intuition is awful. Thought for sure my two boys were girls, and that my girl was hands down a boy...but nope!
    and

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is older, and I had commented, but I kept saying this was my intuition pregnancy: that even before my PGS results back in February, if I just kept moving forward, I'd get my healthy boy even after IVF. And sure enough, that's where the path seems to have led... except now I have no intuition to what this pregnancy is! I'm worried it's because I'm still not sure we won't lose it, and then I had a dream last night I woke up from an emergency section and was told it was a girl and was so disappointed

DH admitted the other day he thinks it's a boy "but feelings mean nothing, they're unscientific." Though he had no problems being excited for a girl for 20 weeks with DD when he thought she was a girl :P

I've seen so many posts now on GD where people WERE right with their dreams

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is older, and I had commented, but I kept saying this was my intuition pregnancy: that even before my PGS results back in February, if I just kept moving forward, I'd get my healthy boy even after IVF. And sure enough, that's where the path seems to have led... except now I have no intuition to what this pregnancy is! I'm worried it's because I'm still not sure we won't lose it, and then I had a dream last night I woke up from an emergency section and was told it was a girl and was so disappointed

DH admitted the other day he thinks it's a boy "but feelings mean nothing, they're unscientific." Though he had no problems being excited for a girl for 20 weeks with DD when he thought she was a girl :P

I've seen so many posts now on GD where people WERE right with their dreams
    I have only ever had 2 dreams about having a girl and they were both when I was pregnant with a boy!

Please understand I am not trying to diminish anyone's experience/feelings. My point is, even if there is something to it (and there may be) even if it's 70% accurate or whatever - that is not reliable enough. 30% of people is too many people to set them up for false hope/false despair because this stuff messes with people's heads so much. So when I say it's not reliable, don't indulge yourself with it, I'm not trying to tell people that the things they experienced are baloney, it's simply that we have to guard our hearts and look out for the other people who maybe it doesn't work for.

I hope DH's intuition is spot on Panther!

15. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

There's a followup post to this one where I went thru and analyzed that study and another better one to prove that intuition cannot predict gender, does anyone know where that's at?? From this past year

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast