Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thoughts on these old wives tales?

I recently got my bfp (swayed pink) and am about 4 weeks today. I'm curious what you guys think about the following...any truth to these?

- I've had cramps on my right side for the past few days. I can't remember what I had with my DD's. Could right cramps mean boy?

- Hcg levels are within range, but on the low side. I googled it and people say that can also be boy. Any truth?

- We had two attempts, one pm and one am. I think it's the am attempt that did the trick. I've seen people say that am = boys. Thoughts on this?

Thanks ladies! Curious to see what people's experiences have been with these!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most of my OWT pointed to girl and I'm very much having a boy! They're just fun or torture depending on how you look at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Max! With Ashtyn, Brad worked third shift. So we only could get morning attempts in.

2003 2009 2012 2015 2015 2016 2018 for a to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingella View Post
    Most of my OWT pointed to girl and I'm very much having a boy! They're just fun or torture depending on how you look at it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha, dreaming....I'm going to go with torture!

Mommy, so both boys were am? Your daughter was pm?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ashtyn my little girl was am and the boys were pm.

2003 2009 2012 2015 2015 2016 2018 for a to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family!

May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry, I misread that. Okay so there goes that theory!

7. Likes Mommy2apples liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely! Dh was on third shift when we conceived her!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay congrats!

You cannot tell what side you ovulated on on the basis of cramps. You develop eggs in both sides every month and many of us have found wicked cramps/pains on the side that we later find we DIDN"T O from.

You cannot tell what side a baby has implanted on the basis of cramping after implantation has occured. If it was possible to feel a tiny ball of cells in your uterus pregnancy and childbirth would be so excruciating we could never endure it. It is totally normal to feel right sided and then left sided and then middle pains as various parts of your uterus grow and stretch. There is also more blood flow and nerve endings on the right side so it's actually very very common to feel more on the right than the left side.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes ScienceGirl liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh whoops hit "post" prematurely there.

There is an on average correlation with some things like HCG levels during pregnancy but it is like height - average across a whole population and you cannot tell where you fall on the curve on the basis of that one thing alone. You can easily have a man or a woman that is 5 ft. 8. You can easily have a man or woman that is 5 ft. 6 or 5 ft. 10. You can even easily have men who are very short, or women who are 6 ft tall. So you cannot use that number to predict anything about gender and beyond that, the #1 reason why HCG levels seem "lower" than they should be is that you miscalculated what day you actually got pregnant on so not only are we going off of "height" we are going off of "height" without knowing a person's age, so you could easily have (still using analogy here, not saying you are having a boy) a "boy" who is 5 ft. 2 and just hasn't reached his full height yet, if you see what I'm saying.

If swaying works, it is because something about it confers a benefit to the odds of survival/reproduction of a particular gender baby. So things like diet and personality and exercise all sway because they indicate something about the environment in which we live that may mean that a boy or a girl has a better chance of growing up to pass on genes to future generations than the opposite sex would. Things like one attempt ~probably~ sway because they indicate either something about the presence of a protective mate and/or the overall fitness and health of that mate (better sperm health) Again this may indicate that one gender vs. the other has a better chance of surviving to reproduce.

So, I see absolutely NO possible way that having sex in the morning vs. the evening could possibly bestow any advantage and nor do I see how something like that could have possibly evolved. If you don't have the nutrients for a baby boy to grow up big and strong at 6 am, you don't have them at 6 pm.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; July 25th, 2017 at 02:16 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, thank you so much for that! Helps put me at ease, although to be perfectly honest I'm just so happy to be pregnant and just praying for healthy. If we get a boy after my naturally girl lifestyle (big time coffee/wine drinker, vegetarian), LE diet, femara, and DH on SSRI's, then we were meant to have that little man in our life and will be so extremely grateful for him.

13. Likes XXforhubby, Mommy2apples, Lolabelle liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast