Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Subchorionic Hemorrhage (hematoma) more common in boy pregnancies?

Hey ladies! This may be an odd question, but does anyone know if a subchorionic hemorrhage is more common with women carrying boys? I recently found out that I have one, and only know a few people personally who have had it as well who all had boys. I know you can get them with girl pregnancies, but is it more common for boy pregnancies? There was a gal on my birthboard that said her Dr. said there's something with the male hormone that can trigger these more often? Just wondering if anyone knew? Atomic? Do you know anything about this? Thought this was interesting.
    and

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had one with my DS3 and one with my DD in addition to her having a vanishing twin.

I don’t think so. It is something that happens when the embryo implants on or very close to one of the vessels in your uterus. Apparently, this is very common but I had never heard of such a think prior to my DS3.

I hope your resolves very quickly so you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy without worry!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

3. Likes mal68912 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I feel like I've seen more girl pregnancies with it. lol I don't think it's gender related though. Not sure how there would be a correlation between the two. I hope yours goes away and your pregnancy continues on uneventfully.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

5. Likes mal68912 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Following for the simple fact that I have one right now! (And fairly large according to my OB)
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

7. Likes mal68912 liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies. I sure hope it resolves too. My Dr. sounded confident it would!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not that I'm aware of, and in fact I know scads of ladies who have had them with girl pregnancies. People actually ask me fairly regularly if they're more common among girls.

Even if it's true (according to some study probably done in 1981 and never repeated) the doctor is mistaken/misleading because most SCH happen in early pregnancy and the Y chromosome is DORMANT till the 10th week and not even making male hormones till that point. So it doesn't follow logically that anything to do with "male hormones" is causing them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes mal68912, TaytumJ liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Not that I'm aware of, and in fact I know scads of ladies who have had them with girl pregnancies. People actually ask me fairly regularly if they're more common among girls.

Even if it's true (according to some study probably done in 1981 and never repeated) the doctor is mistaken/misleading because most SCH happen in early pregnancy and the Y chromosome is DORMANT till the 10th week and not even making male hormones till that point. So it doesn't follow logically that anything to do with "male hormones" is causing them.
    Thanks Atomic! Yeah, I've actually been seeing a lot of moms on my birth board carrying girls that have them or have had them with girls. But then there's quite a good number carrying boys too. That's interesting about the Y chromosome and male hormones! I had no idea the Y chromosome was dormant until then.
    and

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh- SCH is bleeding near sac? I don't have any vaginal bleeding but my doctor saw one outside sac during my scans at 5th and 7th week. She prescribed progesterone for 40 days.

I hope that is not what SCH is, because I am swaying blue and as atomic said it is more common with moms carrying girls.
    Two beautiful
    Swayed Blue

My sway worked
    Samish TTC Boy Sway

Thank you God, Thank you GD <3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Samish don't sweat it you have a good chance at boy, as my sister had one with her boy, and dh's cousin had one with her boy

2003 2009 2012 2015 2015 2016 2018 for a to fit into the mix of our crazy bunch and complete our beautiful family!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Samish View Post
    Ahh- SCH is bleeding near sac? I don't have any vaginal bleeding but my doctor saw one outside sac during my scans at 5th and 7th week. She prescribed progesterone for 40 days.

I hope that is not what SCH is, because I am swaying blue and as atomic said it is more common with moms carrying girls.
    Yeah, I wouldn't sweat it! The only people I know who have/had an SCH are carrying/carried boys! And there's quite a few moms on my birth boards who are carrying girls with it too. So I really just think it's something anyone can get! Praying for Blue for you!
    and

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast