Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Due in 11 days - Hoping for a boy!

Hi, i don't have any clues in both my 12/20 week scan pictures but was hoping anyone who had a boy could relate to these symptoms.

I have carried really low through out all my pregnancy
    I had bad heart burn at some points during 18-28 weeks
    I have had no morning sickness at all
    Hardly put much weight on its been all bump
    Hairy legs and bump... and nipples :/

Anything i should look out for which might point to a boy?

2.jpg4.jpg
    Last edited by TFB; September 19th, 2018 at 09:36 AM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reminds me of my pregnancies with my boys... looks like a boy too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes TFB liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope so, not got long to go

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll preface this by saying that symptoms don't predict gender. I have 3 boys, first two pregnancies were similar but with DS3 I had a different experience. DS1 and DS2 I had awful morning sickness but none at all with DS3. Had the worst heartburn with DS1 (I actually went to the ER because it was so bad I thought I was having a heart attack lol). No heartburn with DS2 and some with DS3. Interestingly a scientific study found a correlation between more heartburn and higher estrogen during pregnancy. Estrogen is not only responsible for causing heartburn but for baby's hair growth. Funnily enough, DS1 was my hairiest baby, like as in head full of hair plus tons of body hair while DS2 was nearly bald! I carried high with DS1, low with DS2 and in the middle with DS3. I put on a moderate (healthy) amount of weight with DS1 and 2 but waaay more with DS3. I was all bump though with all three. I didn't notice being any hairier than normal, actually with DS1 I stopped getting hair on the backs of my legs and haven't since! However every time I've had this weird dark coarse hair on my tummy that appears early to mid pregnancy. I don't think it's gender related but it is interesting. I've seen tons of women talk about their symptoms here and I've yet to notice a pattern. I think there's just way too many factors.

Good luck to you and FX for a boy!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther, TFB liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is that a 12 week scan think i see a boy nub yay x

8. Likes TFB liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    I'll preface this by saying that symptoms don't predict gender. I have 3 boys, first two pregnancies were similar but with DS3 I had a different experience. DS1 and DS2 I had awful morning sickness but none at all with DS3. Had the worst heartburn with DS1 (I actually went to the ER because it was so bad I thought I was having a heart attack lol). No heartburn with DS2 and some with DS3. Interestingly a scientific study found a correlation between more heartburn and higher estrogen during pregnancy. Estrogen is not only responsible for causing heartburn but for baby's hair growth. Funnily enough, DS1 was my hairiest baby, like as in head full of hair plus tons of body hair while DS2 was nearly bald! I carried high with DS1, low with DS2 and in the middle with DS3. I put on a moderate (healthy) amount of weight with DS1 and 2 but waaay more with DS3. I was all bump though with all three. I didn't notice being any hairier than normal, actually with DS1 I stopped getting hair on the backs of my legs and haven't since! However every time I've had this weird dark coarse hair on my tummy that appears early to mid pregnancy. I don't think it's gender related but it is interesting. I've seen tons of women talk about their symptoms here and I've yet to notice a pattern. I think there's just way too many factors.

Good luck to you and FX for a boy!
    I completely agree that every pregnancy is different and to be honest its probably just me looking for the "boy" like symptoms.. i was also eating so much red meat early on i had to stop myself buying so much steak! this is baby #2 and i plan on having 4 so if this isn't my baby boy i might get him next time. I have sort of convinced myself it is a boy which is the wrong thing to do as if i get another little girl i no i will be so happy to have her as my first has been so lovely and shes amazing!

And thank you
    Last edited by TFB; September 19th, 2018 at 05:09 AM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nell_ View Post
    Is that a 12 week scan think i see a boy nub yay x

6.jpg
    77.jpg
    This is my 11 week 6 day scan but have been told its too early & no clues! - The scan photo in my first post is 19 weeks

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope you get your boy, truly -- just don't get hung up on the OWT, really. People really thought DD was going to be a boy based on how I carried, how I looked, etc. I really only had maybe one or two girl OWT with her -- the others were very boy including all the nonsense gender calendars and whatnot, and my current pregnancy is arguably even more boy OWT minus the gender calendars.

That said, hope you get what you want! For some reason I think your 19 week scan looks boyish too, but no scientific reason for me thinking that! So good luck and please update us!

12. Likes TFB liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I hope you get your boy, truly -- just don't get hung up on the OWT, really. People really thought DD was going to be a boy based on how I carried, how I looked, etc. I really only had maybe one or two girl OWT with her -- the others were very boy including all the nonsense gender calendars and whatnot, and my current pregnancy is arguably even more boy OWT minus the gender calendars.

That said, hope you get what you want! For some reason I think your 19 week scan looks boyish too, but no scientific reason for me thinking that! So good luck and please update us!
    Thank you, made me smile

88.jpg
    I have found another 11w6d scan photo

If this little one turns out to be a girl i think i will try to sway a boy next time around! I was already eating a high protein diet before TTC
    Last edited by TFB; September 19th, 2018 at 08:47 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Symptoms don't predict gender and I don't feel confident in guessing on these photos, but I will give you a boy guess on the skull - just for fun! Nice round forehead and prominent chin which I associate with male skulls (this is really not at all reliable, though! pls don't read anything into it!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

15. Likes TFB liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast