Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Dream User

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    not in the U.S.
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0

    Let's talk about Ramzi... again

    Yes, I know, I wish this stupid Ramzi “theory” would go away already, too! BUT… it’s been messing with my head so much and when I tried to debunk it… it didn’t quite work. Well, let me break it down for you and I’ll be very grateful for everybody’s opinion and experiences!

    Why it can’t be true

    1.) There is no sound biological reason why male embryos should almost exclusively implant on the right side of the uterus and females on the left and to my knowledge, not even Ramzi himself offers an explanation. Um, well he does - the idea came to him in a dream in which he performed an ultrasound on the virgin Mary (!!!! source: https://bottlesoup.com/2014/03/06/dr...-ramzi-theory/, Ramzi’s comment from Dec 25th 2014). Why should Mother Nature limit herself so much? It makes no sense.

    2.) Ramzi’s “study” has never been properly published in an actual peer-reviewed scientific journal and has even been pulled from the internet years ago. Why would he do that?

    3.) Ramzi himself - this is actually not even his own name, but, if I understand correctly, his father’s name and he named this “theory” in his honor - is a very, very shady character. Even if you don’t doubt that he holds a PhD, there are lots of other reasons to doubt his seriousness and respectability. For example, he claims he examined more than 13.000 (!!) women for his “study” (source: see link above). I’ve researched dozens of actual scientific studies done on pregnant women and most involved a hundred, maybe a few hundred women, but not more. No wonder, imagine how much time it would take to examine thousands of women as a single scientist! So, I’m convinced this alone is a blatant lie. Secondly, he claims that embryos can change their sex after conception (!!!!) and a few more crazy things: “…there is a great deal that the sex chromosome do change and switch depending on the placenta position in the uterus…”
    Source: https://bottlesoup.com/2014/03/06/dr...-ramzi-theory/
    And thirdly, he’s now crossed over to investigating the paranormal: Paranormal Zone,The Haunting Dimensions- PZHD – Investigation of paranormal activities and haunting – Cleansing using wide range of methods since 1986. Now serving in Alberta.
    I’m lost for words.

    4.) Look at these example u/s pics from the “Gender Experts” who charge you for their opinion on your baby’s sex according to Ramzi:
    Ramzi ex pics.jpg
    If you look closely you’ll see that this is actually the exact same pic, just rotated and mirrored. Why would they do that - why wouldn’t they just use real pics? Looks fishy to me.

    5.) One really funny thing: When you go on the German internet - I happen to understand German fairly well - you’ll find that most of them completely misunderstood Ramzi and think girls implant on the right and boys on the left. At least that’s how the women in the most popular forums discuss it and according to this thinking, they predict the babies’ sexes and lo and behold… they are correct most of the time!! Hahahaha!!

    6.) And, best of all: There seems to be at least one actual scientific study that put Ramzi’s ”findings” to the test and could not reproduce them (The & Chan, The role of placental location assessment in the prediction of fetal gender, published in Women’s Diagnostic Ultrasound, Sydney, NSW, Australia): https://obgyn.onlinelibrary.wiley.co....1002/uog.8569
    I almost cried with relief when I found this!!

    Why I can’t shake the feeling there might be something to it

    1.) Nobody has ever exposed Ramzi as a fraud in the sense that he does not hold the degrees he claims he holds, a BsC in Diagnostic Imaging and an MsC in Medical Ultrasound that he earned in Australia. But if this is true, that would make him more qualified for a study like this than if he was a regular OB/GYN or any MD. As a matter of fact, if any professional on God’s green earth could come up with findings of these kinds, it would be someone of these qualifications and experiences.

    2.) If there WAS something to his “findings”… the medical community and even the governments of this world would have a vested interest in suppressing and discrediting this info. Because imagine what would happen if families in India, Pakistan, China, Vietnam, … could find out their baby’s gender with a simple u/s pic in the 6th week of pregnancy - right, gender based abortions would GO THROUGH THE ROOF! In China, until recently the sex ratio was 120:100, meaning 120 boys were born for every 100 girls, and not, not because of swaying or some strange coincidences but because so many girls are aborted!! https://www.scmp.com/news/china/poli...ng-worlds-most
    So I am not surprised at all Ramzi has been ignored and decried so thoroughly so far! And this also explains why so many doctors and u/s technicians, when asked by a newly pregnant woman keen on trying Ramzi on her first u/s pic, claim that it’s too early to see where the embryo implanted (my doc did that and I know many other do it too, some even directly reply that Ramzi is nonsense). It is NOT too early, you can at least see the chorionic villi and get a general idea. But they aren’t stupid and I guess they just try to keep us from the temptation of terminating a pregnancy with a baby of the less desired sex.

    3.) It has been correct for almost everybody I know.
    Yes, that’s a stupid argument. Actually, it is no argument at all. Because by the same token, I looked up for how many women an FMU ph of less than 5 correctly predicted a girl, and was I flabbergasted when for about 90% of all women in all forums this was the case! Woohoo, finally a reliable early method for gender prediction! Only when I checked the opposite claim - that low urine ph predicts a boy and high ph predicts a girl - there were just as many women who confirmed that this had been true for them. Exactly the same effect as with the “reverse Ramzi” on the German internet! Goes to show how everything can hold true depending on whom you ask!
    But still… Ramzi WAS correct for almost everybody I know. Including my first son.
    It was even correct for many women on the internet who said they sent their u/s pic to the “Gender Experts” (and paid them!) and got a “girl” prediction when they were really having a boy. And they uploaded their pics. And I could see right away that their pics were upside down… and when you turn them around (not mirror them, just turn them on their heads - the little circle has to be on the bottom of the pic because that’s where the ultrasound probe goes into the vagina and I have no idea why some techs would turn the imagine on their head, has never happened with any of my pics), all of a sudden the placenta is on the right and Ramzi is correct.
    This is one example:
    Wrong Ramzi.jpg
    Source: https://community.whattoexpect.com/f...ong-ramzi.html
    The pic is clearly upside down because the narrow part would have to be on the bottom. The “Gender experts” obviously didn’t notice and gave this woman a girl prediction - and then she found out she was having a boy.
    If you flip the image the early placenta is on the other side - the “correct right” - and then Ramzi applies. (And then it also looks exactly like my son’s earliest u/s pic and my current baby’s pic… )
    This is one example of at least 5 or 6 I found.
    But of course I’m not an u/s technician nor a doctor and could be completely mistaken in my assumption that the narrow part always has to be on the bottom of the pic. The Gender Experts themselves published a few pics - like this of a “confirmed boy” - in which this seems not to be the case: http://www.thegenderexperts.com/ramz...-database-boy/
    Pic 15 of 15 - I would have turned the pic on its head and sworn this is a girl.

    Okay, well, thank you for reading. I guess I’m just making myself crazy here based on NOTHING at all. At least in writing this post, I have worked through everything again and come to the conclusion that Ramzi is most likely NOT reliable and that it’s a waste of time to obsess over it like I do. Forgive me, this is my last baby, Ramzi says boy again and I’m clutching at straws that there might, after all, despite Ramzi and my intuition, be a little girl in my belly…
    DW + DH +
    ... and due with another in Dec 2019 after a failed pink sway

  2. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
  3. #2
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    106,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    How about the most damning - I've personally witnessed several people send Dr. Ramzi himself $10 to guess their baby's ultrasound and he guessed WRONG.

    And you're completely wrong that governments would have "a vested interest in suppressing his information". That is just not how the world works in the 21st century. I can assure you that if there was anything to Ramzi, EVERY ultrasound clinic on Planet Earth would be using it because the vast, vast majority of people don't care one iota about their baby's gender, they just want to know as soon as possible so they can shop. There is literally no way that the governments of the world have that type of power over thousands of independent entities. By this point most ultrasound techs have heard of Ramzi, they know if it works or not. There are private clinics, clinics in dr. offices (where some people need to know gender due to genetic diseases that affect boys or girls), clinics in countries where there is next to no supervision. People are doing their OWN ultrasounds, even (just had a woman do one on herself today.) And yet with all these millions of ultrasounds done a year, despite that the Ramzi theory is widespread and well known, it still isn't a thing anywhere because it just doesn't work. If it worked, ultrasound clinics would be offering it, they'd love to!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  4. #3
    Dream Vet

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ireland/London
    Posts
    880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    It really can't be true but i know what you mean iv never seen a wrong one ( friends and fam ) but who knows we all wern't looking at the wrong thing or way round?? If scan is internal you flip it if external you don't need to. Atomic has seen heaps more than us so knows better pls don't worry its still 50/50 for you 😊

  5. Thanks WelcomeBaby thanked for this post
  6. #4
    Dream Vet
    MrsSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northants, UK
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    It's been right for me twice....well once for sure (but today the US tech says she agrees that's it's almost certainly a boy!).
    But I know logically that it's just a 50 50 chance
    2017
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

  7. Thanks WelcomeBaby thanked for this post
  8. #5
    Dream User

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    not in the U.S.
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    How about the most damning - I've personally witnessed several people send Dr. Ramzi himself $10 to guess their baby's ultrasound and he guessed WRONG.
    Well, as I said, he's a shady character. No surprise he's greedy, too, accepting money for something he has no way of delivering!

    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    And you're completely wrong that governments would have "a vested interest in suppressing his information". That is just not how the world works in the 21st century.
    Yes, I've thought about this long and hard. Is there a way the Ramzi "theory" could NOT have taken root in at least a small number of fertility centers in the Western world where women are simply insanely curious, want to plan the nursery, want to let their dying grandpa know RIGHT NOW they're having a boy and naming him after him etc., in other words, where knowing the baby's gender at 6 weeks is really quite harmless? No, that makes no sense at all - if it WAS legit, it would be used even if it was terribly controversial.
    Also, I just found the study, it hasn't been pulled from the internet as I thought: https://www.obgyn.net/articles/relat...%80%99s-method
    And of course I spent an hour reading it.
    At least that gave me another reason to be skeptical. Ramzi said that the 2.7% or however many of "wrongly implanted fetuses" - meaning male fetuses on the left and vice versa - suffered from a host of birth defects and chromosomal defects other nasty things and he actually states this as his main reason for this "study". Only that if his method was so reliable in identifying fetuses with a high risk for these conditions, then why hasn't the medical community picked up on it and used it more?

    That being said, let me ask you the following question. I hope you don't take this the wrong way or take offense, I'm genuinely interested in your point of view here.
    Let's imagine for a second that you came across a, say, fertility clinic in the US that offered everything around having and not having kids - counselling, pretesting, IVF, IUI, ICSI but also contraception and abortion - including a method to determine gender at 6 weeks with 97% accuracy. After lots of research, you deduce they are legit and it works. Would you publish their address here for us curious ladies, knowing full well that some of us consider gender-based abortion and would absolutely go through with it at 6 weeks, but most likely not at 18 weeks (when gender determination is truly upwards of 97% accurate)?
    I'm asking because with this pregnancy, I went through a few very, very dark moments when I first found out I was pregnant, and I don't think it would have done any good had I had the chance to find out gender for sure right there and then. I even thought Thank God I can't really know for sure right now, this way I have another 6 weeks at least to come to terms with having an opposite.
    DW + DH +
    ... and due with another in Dec 2019 after a failed pink sway

  9. #6
    Dream User

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    not in the U.S.
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nell_ View Post
    iv never seen a wrong one ( friends and fam ) but who knows we all wern't looking at the wrong thing or way round??
    Exactly!! And you know, there's actually a huge difference between looking at an unknown u/s pic and being able to deduce the baby's sex - which is close to impossible, just look at the pic at "Gender Experts", there's no rhyme and reason to it all! - and collecting your friends' and family's u/s pics after you know what everybody had. Because then you're more likely to see what you expect, you flip or rotate the pic a little and voila, it all makes sense, Ramzi is correct! This is how it was with my first son - now that I know he's a boy, I can see how the placenta was on the right, but with this new baby, all I can see is that it looks vaguely similar. But how can I be sure my doctor didn't tilt the probe a bit and all of a sudden it's all a mess?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nell_ View Post
    If scan is internal you flip it if external you don't need to.
    Oh wow, this makes me so excited right now. Just to clarify: For yourself and your friends and family, you always flipped the internal pics but not the external ones and it was always correct? Do you mean you turned the internal images on their heads or do you mean you mirrored them? Well, no matter what you mean, it's not as easy as that. In many cases, without us even realizing, right is not right and left is not left anyway on an u/s pic but what seems to be the right can actually be the top of the uterus or what seems to be the left can be some other corner of the uterus. I watched a vaginal u/s on Youtube and by just moving the probe a tiny little bit you can literally see everything in the abdomen from every perspective you choose!
    And because I had never heard of flipping or turning an internal image I didn't with my son's - I just assumed that like with a photograph, what's left in the pic is really on my right side and vice versa. Oh, and the narrow part was on the bottom. It looked like this: Attachment 41511
    (Sorry, not my real pic, took one from the internet for privacy reasons!)
    You can see how the placenta is more on the left side of the picture = on the right side of my body. As I said, I just assumed!! Please comment, maybe we can put Ramzi's claims to rest once and for all!!
    DW + DH +
    ... and due with another in Dec 2019 after a failed pink sway

  10. #7
    Dream User

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    not in the U.S.
    Posts
    89
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    MrsSparkles, first of all, congrats to your almost certainly boy! Looks like I'll be joining the club soon, but with my 2nd little boy!
    (And please don't be disappointed it's not the girl you wanted. I only ever wanted girls until my son cured me of all fears, cliches, and insecurities. Wouldn't trade him for any girl!)
    But let me ask you this, did you go off of a pic with your pregnancies or did you actually ask the tech at your 6 or 7 week u/s and they confirmed where the chorionic villi were located?
    Last edited by WelcomeBaby; May 9th, 2019 at 03:27 PM.
    DW + DH +
    ... and due with another in Dec 2019 after a failed pink sway

  11. #8
    Dream Vet

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Ireland/London
    Posts
    880
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    So for example if you look at a scan and baby is on the right and it was vaginal then its really left! If you lok at a scan and its on the left and the scan was abdominal its still on the left. All i known is i have always guessed right but who knows if its coincidence?
    Also some babies look right in the middle then i won't even bother guessing as iv no idea how to look for placenta. Such a strange theory don't think its accurate or maybe it is if done correctly and you answer the question of how scan was done right argh who knows!
    Plus they say if you ov from left more likely a girl but again that just can't be true as some women have just 1 fallopian tube! xxx

  12. Thanks WelcomeBaby thanked for this post
  13. #9
    Dream Vet
    MrsSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Northants, UK
    Posts
    826
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WelcomeBaby View Post
    MrsSparkles, first of all, congrats to your almost certainly boy! Looks like I'll be joining the club soon, but with my 2nd little boy!
    (And please don't be disappointed it's not the girl you wanted. I only ever wanted girls until my son cured me of all fears, cliches, and insecurities. Wouldn't trade him for any girl!)
    But let me ask you this, did you go off of a pic with your pregnancies or did you actually ask the tech at your 6 or 7 week u/s and they confirmed where the chorionic villi were located?
    Thank you!
    So excited to meet him and actually really thrilled he's a boy - brothers will be so cute.

    I actually took the instructions for the Ramzi test to my early scan, And the US read through it and told me where the placenta was.
    She said she thinks ir a rubbish and no truth in it at all !
    2017
    Pregnant again -ramzi/skull/US tech opinion at 13+3 says will find out at next scan

  14. Likes WelcomeBaby liked this post
  15. #10
    Swaying Advice Coach
    atomic sagebrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Eastern Washington State, USA
    Posts
    106,658
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    0
    Uploads
    0
    Wow, ok, this has gone to a strange place but whatever LOL. Not offended, just surprised by the question which seems to fly in the face of everything I'm about, which is sharing information with people and then letting them decide what to do with that.

    Um, yes, I absolutely would, because your morality is not my concern.

    I don't enjoy or seek out helping people with swaying who plan to do gender based abortions, because my time is valuable and precious to me and I prefer to spend it helping people who don't plan to go that route, on my children, and on things that I feel add value to this world. I don't take money from people who plan to terminate a pregnancy and on 2 occasions I gave refunds when I found out that was the plan. This is because I refuse to waste ~my~ time helping anyone sway if they're going to end the pregnancy because it's not my personal value system to do that and I have to live with ~my personal~ choices in this world. Not anyone else's. People get abortions for all kinds of reasons I disagree with, but they're adults, and I would not ever withhold information from adults. I'm not your guys' mommy.

    I don't ever sit on any information and I never would, because it's pretty much against everything I stand for. I keep a full body of information on this site even though it makes tons of extra work for me because I believe in sharing information, even information I don't like. Now, do I make you guys listen to my side of it in terms of safety, sanity, etc - you bet. But I keep up things about douching and lime tampons and timing even though I hate those things and in fact often help people incorporate them into their sways! If I was going to start hiding things from people I'd start with Shettles timing, LOL.

    I regularly, regularly tell people about methods like NIPTY tests that absolutely could be used to plan abortions. Hiding things from people is really not my cup of tea and even if it was, it would be absolutely nutso for me to think I was accomplishing anything because I'm just one person, I really have very little sway over the universe outside of this site, and there would be 100000000 other people online screaming about it. Like, I would have to be the most arrogant, delusional person on Planet Earth to think I could possibly keep something like that a secret from you guys! So I"d be violating the thing I believe in the most - the free exchange of information to enable adult human beings to make informed decisions - for something that I couldn't even keep a secret anyway.

    There is no vast Ramzi conspiracy. The governments of the nations of the world have bigger fish to fry. I have bigger fish to fry. All the ultrasound and fertility clinics have bigger fish to fry. If it worked to predict gender, everyone would be doing it now, because most people don't even care about gender! We grossly overestimate the amount of gender disappointment in the world. Most people have a boy and a girl or a girl and a boy just that easily. Those of us with a strong gender preference are really in the minority and looking at the world through the GD goggles leads people to assume most everyone is going around worrying about gender when in reality most people aren't even thinking about it in anything other than a "just for fun" kind of way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

    If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

    https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

  16. Thanks WelcomeBaby thanked for this post
    Likes MrsSparkles, barrebabe liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can I talk to you about my BFP?
    By californiadreaming in forum BFP!
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: March 15th, 2016, 12:47 PM
  2. let's talk about sex
    By auroara78 in forum Pregnancy Talk
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: January 18th, 2012, 06:59 AM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: September 27th, 2011, 04:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •