Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Morning sickness and gender...

So I’ve been driving myself a bit nuts about my mild to moderate morning sickness, and feeling quite convinced that I must be having another boy. (Even though Atomic has spoken sense to me that symptoms don’t predict gender!)
    With my daughter, I was horribly nauseous and had to go on medication to function. With my first son, absolutely nothing! With my second son, mild to moderate nausea. This time feels very much like my last son.
    So I guess I was hoping some of you could share your experiences? In my mind I wonder if I just feel a lot different when carrying a girl compared to a boy...
    Thanks x
    and pregnant with

“Never give up on something that you can't go a day without thinking about.”
    Winston Churchill.
    - Alright, Winnie, you got yourself a deal!

Thank you, GenderDreaming, for helping my dream come true

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't believe symptoms predict gender. With my first I was so sick, I had HG really bad, was even at the hospital because I couldn't keep food down. Funnily everyone said it must be a boy! But nope, she is a girl.
    With my second I felt better but still threw up a lot (sorry). He is a boy.
    With my third I was again so sick I also started taking medications just to function. I was thinking it must be another girl. But nope, he is a boy.
    I think there are a few more girls amongst women who have HG (I read it somewhere, hope I'm not mixing stuff up). But the difference is tiny, I guess. (I'm always thinking about Duchess Catherine, she had it with all three and has two boys)
    Plus: for all the other women I know there seems to be no link between symptoms and gender.
    So I hope you will feel better soon. Don't read too much into it and pink dust. 😊

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ive had 9 pregnancies, 3 girls-6 boys, my most sick was with #1 (boy) my least sick was #6 (girl) but all the rest have been somewhere in between. the Y chromosome doesnt kick in till around 10 weeks so up till then there is no difference between boys and girls, some pregnancies are just rougher than others and i do think that 1st pregnancies often seem to be the worst for sickness.
    Congratulations on baby #4 fingers crossed its a pink one
    now 6blue5pink

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Flowergirl liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know we've talked about this already Pinkin but just for those who haven't heard me drone on about it, LOL - symptoms do not predict gender.

I had the least amount of morning sickness (and indeed, the most similar pregnancies) with my 2nd boy and my girl. My other three boys I was sick in various ways - puking daily with the first one, constant terrible nausea and really hyperactive sense of smell with the 3rd, and terrible nausea + daily diarrhea with the 4th boy (sorry for TMI, but that's something I often hear attributed to girl pregnancies) My three boy pregnancies were so different from each other and the other two, and then my two similar ones were opposite genders!

There are slightly more cases of HCG (I think it's like 1-2% points difference) in girl pregnancies than boy, but that is still practiclaly 50-50! And studies have shown no difference in number of girl and boy pregnancies with just straight up morning sickness. Like 4blue mentioned, the Y chromosome is dormant in early pregnancy and while there is on average a slightly higher average of HCG in female preganancies, it's an average and that means most pregnancies fall in the midrange and there are plenty of male pregnancies with high HCG, and girl pregnancies with lower. It's like height - if you meet someone who is 5 ft. 4, the odds are they're a woman, but not a guarantee. And if you meet someone who is 6 ft tall, the odds are they're a man, but not a guarantee. And most people you meet are at neither extreme - if you met someone who was 5ft 8, you'd really not be able to reliably guess their gender on that basis!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much for taking the time to reply, ladies
    I feel a little more hopeful I have a chance at a girl. (Although my paranoia is not helped by the fact the egg seems to have come from my right ovary and the baby is implanted on the right - even though I don’t believe in Ramzi and my daughter was also on the right... see what a nuisance I am to myself?! Haha.)
    Thanks for the nice words and pink dust. I’ll be finding out in a few weeks x
    and pregnant with

Winston Churchill.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    These things mess with your head so bad, even when you know it's not the case it still can mess with your head!! I mean with my 3rd, I was buying into the Chinese Gender Calendar LOL (and you guys know I am not the type of person who generally goes in for mystical calendars) That's why I am always so firm with everyone about symptoms and old wives tales, even when they're "just for fun" for some of us they are anything BUT fun!!!

Good luck and pink dust headed your way!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks Pinkin2019 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Never had any morning sickness on my 2 girls and boy and none this time either at almost 8 weeks.
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Pinkin2019 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl327 View Post
    Never had any morning sickness on my 2 girls and boy and none this time either at almost 8 weeks.
    oh please tell me your secret Congratulations on baby #4
    now 6blue5pink

14. Thanks Pinkin2019 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No relation trust me I have two of each and my oldest dd and younger ds pregnancy symptoms were identical
    DS *11/07*
    DD *03/09*
    DS *01/14*
    DD *11/16*

Praying for one more Daughter

I am so thankful and blessed!

16. Thanks Pinkin2019 thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the replies 1 week until I can get the Nipt test. My gut is saying boy, how much does gut feeling count towards things? Haha.
    and pregnant with

Winston Churchill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast