IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Motivational Mondays

Have something that you are proud of? Something that might be of inspiration to other members? Post it!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As I write this, news reports are speaking of the decline in public confidence in the U.S. I've felt it – sometimes, it seems like people are going through some gigantic malaise – struggling to find their way out of the depths. Certainly, the economic news has a lot to do with it – it's difficult to stay hopeful when everyone in the media is crying doom and gloom.

But with all this stuff playing out, hope should be our primary goal – developing hope within ourselves, and helping others to feel hope within their lives.

How do we develop hope? It's a simple thing to do:

1. Have faith in your own abilities. If you don’t have that faith at present, then earn it – choose something difficult, and do it well.

2. Decide that no matter how bad things might get, you can deal with it – and excel doing it. This may require a mental shift – but committing yourself to dealing with the future, no matter what it might be, gives you a strange sense of mastery. Troubles may still come, but when they do, you’ll be ready for them.

3. Have a basic belief in the worth of those around you. If you don’t have such a belief, then take time to speak to the people around you. Learn about their highs, their lows, their challenges. Let their lives help you to see your own life more clearly.

4. Build up a “critical storage” of items you would need in times of emergency – food and money come to mind initially, but also store up attitudes, hope and memories – by writing about your goals, your desires, and your dreams. Writing about your hope – whether it’s in a notebook, a diary, or on a blog – helps you remember the good times. It’s just as beneficial to you as if you were to stockpile food for a rainy day.

5. Learn to enjoy the sunny days – and the stormy days as well. In other words, realize that you’re going to have a lot of both sun and storms – but both carry a remarkable sort of beauty that will help you along life’s pathways. If we spend all our time waiting for a sunny day, we miss the beauty that is inherent in the storms that come our way.

Hope is a habit that can be learned and developed. You can do it.

Copyright, 2008, by Daryl R. Gibson
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those who believe in us -- including ourselves

In each of our lives, we have people who believe in us. They may be employers, spouses, girlfriends, boyfriends, daughters, sons, mothers, fathers, little sisters, or a vast accumulation of people big and small who have learned to place their trust in us and our abilities.

Sometimes -- even most of the time -- they believe in us even when we don't believe in ourselves. Occasionally they find that their belief was misplaced.

But more often, we discount our abilities and our worth more than they ever would. It's because for many of us, the vantage point that others have is more accurate than the one we see when we look in the mirror.

For some reason, many of us will not give ourselves a break -- we will gladly extend a break to others -- from a trusted family member to a stranger on the street. We will think the best of them, expect the best of them, and if they may fall short a bit, we will give them the benefit of the doubt.

Not so when we deal with ourselves.

Although most of us are our own fiercest critic, and perhaps rightfully so if change and growth is to progress, we still need to occasionally give ourselves the kind of support, care, and love that the people around us already give us.

Too many of us -- myself included -- are too quick to focus on our problem areas, not those areas where we have something significant to offer. We are like the beautiful swimsuit model who focuses on her ugly wrists. We overlook the great points in order to concentrate on those areas where we tell ourselves that we fall short.

Sure, there are those who ignore big problems in their own lives, and criticize the little problems that are in the lives of others. There are people who are so super-self-assured that they become arrogant. For those people, I have little hope, but for those of us who are hard on ourselves unnecessarily, now's the time to look at ourselves using the reflections that are in our loved ones' eyes. Now's the time to learn to give yourself the same love and kindness that you would give to anyone. You will never have an accurate opinion of yourself, and see the areas where you need to improve, until you see both sides of the equation.

Copyright, 2011, by Daryl R. Gibson.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This isn't terribly inspirational but it made me LOL this morning!

A Mom's Job Description

SUBJECT: MOMS

POSITION: Mom

JOB DESCRIPTION: Long term team players needed for challenging permanent work in an often chaotic environment. Candidates must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and be willing to work various hours, which will include evenings and weekends and frequent 24 hour shifts on call. Some overnight travel required, including trips to primitive camping sites on rainy weekends and endless sports tournaments in faraway cities. Travel expenses not reimbursed. Extensive courier duties also required.

RESPONSIBILITIES: This is for the rest of your life. Must be willing to be hated at least temporarily, until someone needs $5 to go skating. Must be willing to bite tongue repeatedly. Also, must possess the physical stamina of a pack mule and be able to go from zero to 60 mph in three seconds flat in case, this time, the screams from the backyard are not someone just crying wolf. Must be willing to face stimulating technical challenges, such as small gadget repair, mysteriously sluggish toilets and stuck zippers. Must screen phone calls, maintain calendars and coordinate production of multiple homework projects. Must have ability to plan and organize social gatherings for clients of all ages and mental outlooks. Must be willing to be indispensable one minute, an embarrassment the next. Must handle assembly and product safety testing of a half million cheap, plastic toys and battery operated devices. Must always hope for the best but be prepared for the worst. Must assume final, complete accountability for the quality of the end product. Responsibilities also include floor maintenance and janitorial work throughout the facility.

POSSIBILITY FOR ADVANCEMENT AND PROMOTION: Virtually none. Your job is to remain in the same position for years, without complaining, constantly retraining and updating your skills, so that those in your charge can ultimately surpass you.

PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE: None required, unfortunately. On-the-job training offered on a continually exhausting basis.

WAGES AND COMPENSATION: You pay them, offering frequent raises and bonuses. A balloon payment is due when they turn 18 because of the assumption that college will help them become financially independent. When you die, you give them whatever is left. The oddest thing about this reverse-salary scheme is that you actually enjoy it and wish you could only do more.

BENEFITS: While no health or dental insurance, no pension, no tuition reimbursement, no paid holidays and no stock options are offered, job supplies limitless opportunities for personal growth and free hugs for life if you play your cards right.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To all those that still long...

Mom to

and my IVF/PGD