Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I posted n sway forum; would luv opinions specifically from those who suffered loss

Please tell me what you think...
    Backgound info:I had a D&C August 25th for a missed mc at 9 wks (no fetal pole; growth past 6 wks). I had a D&E March 4th for another missed mc (15 wks) Baby had cystic hygroma with hydrops at 12 wk ultrasound. I never had any signs of mc (bleeding or cramps) with either pregnancy. I am 38 yrs old. I have a 4 1/2 yr old son. I don't seem to have a problem getting prego just getting a sticky sticky bean! Might be because I'm a cougar... DH is 5 yrs younger!!!
    I swayed hard with the pregnancy that ended in August. The last pregnancy was a surprise and I was not swaying. I am a fairly healthy woman. Never smoked or done any drugs. I don't drink. I love junk food though! I've gained tons of weight from the losses and depression. Need to lose about 45 lbs. I am somewhat disabled in that I was in a wreck and have rods and screws in my left leg and right ankle but I'm still kickin! lol I can workout fairly hard considering. 1 hr straight 5 mi "walking" with Leslie Sansome.
    My plan is to diet hard!!! I'm taking girl sups and vits now (cal, mag, acidilophis, E, C, B6, B12, Folic Acid(5mg due to worry about previous loss with cystic hygroma), asprin, cranberry, zinc, pepermint tea. I started saw palmetto and vitex today. Oh- due to high blood pressure during last pregnancy I am now on Labetalol 100 mg 2x day.
    I have also been supplementing with green tea (drink and capsules), cayenne pepper, chromium picolate, and occasionally a colon cleanse containing (psyllium husk, ginger root, senna leaf, rhubarb root, cascara sagrada bark) to try to boost weight loss! I would like to try grapefruit seed extract capsules but worry about the interferance with blood pressure med.
    Now- down to the advice part... I plan to ttc for girl in June and am prepping now. Again I will sway hard - should be on diet 10 wks before attempt, supps, vits, ions big time, magnets, acijel, lime, charting on ff, using ovacue and opks). I know this is a contradiction to try to boost egg and sperm quality when ttc for girl but I would like to know what i can do to try to decrease mc and chromosomal defects. DH is on cal, mag, 1mg folic, C, cranberry, E, B12, Licorice root, acidilophis, COQ10, DHA/EPA. I would like to decrease the likelihood of mc and boost egg quality avoiding any syndromes etc. so I want to start 200 mg COQ10, 600 mg Alpha Lipoic Acid, 1 Enfamil DHA a day, 75 mg DHEA, and 75 mg Selenium supplements. I know that I have to weigh all my concerns with defects and mc to make my decision... blah blah blah... but I would really value your opinion! What would you do if you were me??? Please- I welcome any and all comments and advice.
    Should I stop them when I'm 6 wks from my 1st attempt in June or are any of the supplements ok while ttc girl? Is it just a waste of time to take them then stop 6 wks before attempt? Should I remove the COQ10, DHA/EPA, E from DH list 6 wks before ttc in June? What dosage would you recommend? And when should I stop? Wean off?

3/99 11/06 8/10 3/11

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry for the loss you have had.I had 5 boys with no problems & then lost a little bean at almost 12 weeks last July.I was told it was a one off & not to worry.I ttc for almost 9 months & then fell pg at the end of Feb only to lose this one at 6 weeks a week ago.I am also 38 almost 39 & I am worried my egg quality is not so good.I can fall pg too.After doing a lot of reading I am going to get a book called The Fertility diet by Sarah Dobbyn.I am also taking a multi Vitamin for pregnancy. I am also going to try Maca for me & DH & also CoQ10 & maybe some Flax seed oil.I would be careful taking too many supps as they may do more harm than good.DHEA sounds good but if your hormone levels are ok it may make them go out of whack & cause more problems.Vitex may also interfere with all the other supps you are going to take.DHEA can also raise blood pressure too.Maybe you could go to a Naturopath first to make sure all the supps are ok to take?I have also read that if you take some supps you need to slowly decrease them if you fall pg so they do not affect your hormone levels.GL.I am reading & trying to figure it all out too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am sorry for your losses xox
    I too have suffered a few myself but have also gone on to have healthy pregnancies although the fear never really subsides each time.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry for your losses. *hugs* I am 37 and will probably be 38 when we TTC again, unfortunately I too have had a few losses. My heart goes out to you.

As for Saw Palmetto and Vitex, I didn't realize you could take these 2 together?! (someone correct me if I am wrong). As for the other vitamins, I agree with fivecrazymonkeys, be careful taking too many as they can cause more harm than good and one could be contradicting the other, IYKWIM?!

We are also hoping to TTC a girl and will do diet and ions etc.... As for vitamins I have read taking Vit E, Vit B12 and Zinc may help with egg quality and implantation. As well as Folic acid of course. I am currently taking these atm hoping it will help with my egg quality. Also I will be taking and drinking Cranberry tablets/juice and magnesium tablets but that is pretty much it as I am too "scared" to over do it with vitamins.

Also, has the drs done any tests into seeing why your m/c's could've been happening?? Have you had your thyroid levels, auto immune levels etc... checked?? In my case, I had thyroid issues and the drs seem to think that could've been the cause of our losses. (I have since had my thryoid removed and am now trying to get my levels under control before TTC again. (they are now too low). My Endo told me if you thryoid levels are too high it can cause m/cs as your metabolism is going to fast which doesn't help with baby's development (which mine were originally) and too low will also cause m/c as the baby's brain can't develop properly).

Again sorry for yoru losses.
    Kazz

10 years old 6 years old

6 ~mm/c @ 12 wks 9/ 04, Boy @ 17 wks 3/05, Boy @ 19 wks 8/08, mm/c @ 8 wks 11/09, mm/c @ 9 wks 5/10, mmc @ 9wks 9/12.~

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry for your losses
    I've noticed you are taking green tea - it sways blue and it inhibits absorption of FA ( so if you decide to continue with green tea, make sure not to take FA with it or immediately after it. Also you may need some extra FA - maybe additional 400 mcg)
    DHEA sway blue. Did your doctor recommended so high doses or you are planning IVF? I'm 38 too and I'm taking 50 mg of DHEA, af -> O (25mg in the morning, 25mg in the evening, just to make sure I'm Oing and boost my testosterone for better chances for a boy) I'm going natural.

And for the end, the most important: have you checked your progesterone levels? Low prog might be the cause of recurrent m/c.
    I would go with progesterone creams from O during 2WW and if you get BFP continue til @12 weeks. There was a thread here about progesterone creams, maybe it is here somewhere in Stickies
    Since you are swaying pink, I believe extra progesterone will be a bonus
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just saw you are taking 5mg of FA. I believe 2000mcg (2mg) is more then enough. Higher doses of FA bring on the risk of I-forgot-what, I'll try to find (asthma? not sure....)
    Have you considered some good Prenatals? I think they are great idea, after all we are 38 and our bodies need every vitamin and mineral they can get.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just saw you are taking 5mg of FA. I believe 2000mcg (2mg) is more then enough. Higher doses of FA bring on the risk of I-forgot-what, I'll try to find (asthma? not sure....)
    Have you considered some good Prenatals? I think they are great idea, after all we are 38 and our bodies need every vitamin and mineral they can get.
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby