Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long does it take?

Last edited by Babybeaublue; July 12th, 2014 at 03:36 PM.
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babybeaublue; July 12th, 2014 at 03:37 PM.
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

I had D & Cs or D & Es with all of mine except for one that was very early, didn't take long to pass, and wasn't much more painful than a regular period. All my others have tended to hang around, and after a few weeks, it does become an infection risk. Personally I prefer having a procedure done for emotional reasons--they use general anesthesia (sedation) for it here in the US, so it basically works like this: you go in to the hospital, you are given a room, you fall asleep, you wake up, and it's over--minimal pain, minimal bleeding and the process is quick.

I've found the time period that you're in now--the waiting until the tissue passes, or waiting for a procedure--to be the most difficult of all. After I *know* that it's over, it's easier for me to move on with my life, both physically and emotionally--whether that means TTC again right away, or waiting and spending time with my children, and appreciating what I already have, or taking time away from TTC to grieve and heal.

Some women strongly prefer *not* to have medical intervention, and whatever feels right to you is probably what's best for you. I like having it be over quickly. It has always felt better for me to start a new cycle, even during the times when I knew I wasn't ready to TTC again.

I also have had totally unexpected losses--I had a blighted ovum, found at 10 weeks, with a sac measuring 10 weeks (no baby), and I was so sick with that pregnancy. It was one of the worst ones I've ever had in terms of morning sickness and symptoms, and it took me a long time to get my head around the fact that there had never been an actual baby.

You *don't* have to think about opks and temps right now, and you need not worry about TTC again until you are feeling more ready and more healed. Atomic does have an essay on TTC after m/c, if that's helpful.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...scarriage.html

I am so sad for you, and so sorry that you have to go through this. Know that you are not alone, and that you will heal, with time, both physically and emotionally.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much. I chose to let things happen naturally but after reading others stories it is scaring the life out if me. I didn't realise has bad it can be and what I might actually see.
    Mummy to

born Aug 2018

06/14

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh hunny I'm so sorry. I really think it's a different experience every time. I had two pg pass and neither was terribly bad (like a bad period) but I was quite early with both.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry for your loss. When I had mine at 9.5 weeks, it really wasn't bad physically (really bad period pains for a day which went away with neurofen) but emotionally I was a complete mess. There were clots, but I didn't look too closely, but it really wasn't horrific. So sorry you are going through this, I know how much it hurts. Hugs xx