Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

missed miscarriage

anyone else had a experience of missed miscarriage? as some of u know last week we found out our baby died at 8 week,i was suppoused to be 12.
    i have opted to go for the natural way to miscarry,but the waiting game is horrible.
    friday i started spotting,over the weekend there was bleeding with a few small clots and some back pain,its now monday and i dont know how much long i can wait for things to happen.
    8 12 2014 wishing and praying for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree Eleena. This waiting around crap is excruciating. I go back to my ob on Thursday for another ultrasound. She has already offered a D&C or to insert the pills to get me going. I am so hoping I can do this on my own but when Thursday comes around and I haven't I will have her insert the pills for me. I was praying that it would be done by then and my ultrasound would show everything is cleared out. I just don't think it will work out that way I have heard it takes weeks.
    I am so frustrated with my body right now. This little one passed as soon as it started growing. But my body has let me think I was carrying a growing baby for weeks!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    are you bleeding or anything? i well and truly hate hospitals thats why im trying to stay away from them.i dont mind having the tablets orally if needed.i might give it till thursday then give the hospital a call.
    as for the d&c i have never been out under and being awake i would be petrified.
    they gave me up to 3 weeks to do it naturally but i wont wait that long as this babys been inside me for nearly 5 weeks as it is x

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am still only spotting. Had a small clot yesterday, but other than that I only have something when I wipe.

Texasmom said it took her 2 weeks when it was all said and done.

I wish I could remember the name of the drug, but the pills are inserted vaginally. My Dr didn't really explain it much because she wanted make sure they weren't missing anything. But my pregnancy symptoms are almost all gone and with the spotting and cramping I know nothing will show up at the next ultrasound.

Did your dr have you schedule another appointment? When are you to be seen again?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i havent seen my doctor,it was all done through the hospital.a nurse just gave me the options,went home and spoke about it and rang the hospital back home to tell them i wanted to try and do it naturaly.she just said give it 3 weeks and we will ring you and and keep an eye on you anyway,she didnt give me a definite date to go back in.she said i could have the option of the oral pills too.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hopefully some ladies will speak up that have experienced this nightmare

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry. I ahve no advice, just (((hugs)))).
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a natural miscarriage 3 weeks ago at 7 weeks. It started on it's own though and no intervention was needed. From the time I started spotting till it was all finished was 10 days (last 3 days were just spotting). I O'd 11 days later on CD21.

My best friend, however, had a missed miscarriage back in July at 12 weeks. The baby only measured 6 weeks, but it either had been growing too slowly or had shrunk down since she had actually seen the heartbeat at 8 weeks. Since she had zero signs that something was wrong till the ultrasound, she decided to go with a D&C since she hadn't had any bleeding or cramping. Her other option was for them to give her Cytotec to jumpstart things.

After it was all said and done (she had bleeding for nearly 4 weeks after) I think if she had to do it all over again she would have chosen the Cytotec. There are risks to having a D&C (Asherman's syndrome) and it can affect your future fertility. She's been trying to get pregnant ever since and is now on cycle #4 after her D&C and still not pregnant. She also had a lot of clots still in her at her follow up ultrasound 2 weeks later and they said she might need another D&C. Luckily they resolved on their own.

Personally, after all I've researched on her behalf, I'd ask for Cytotec if nothing had started after waiting a week. A D&C would be my last resort IF the Cytotec didn't work.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And yes, Cytotec are pills that can either be taken orally or inserted vaginally.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast