Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Miscarriage experiences

First I just want to send my deepest sympathy to anyone who has experienced a loss. I hope we all find peace and comfort.

As soon as I found out something was wrong with my pregnancy I searched for similar situations. I know every miscarriage is different. Reading other miscarriage stories helped me stay somewhat calm through the process. I thought I would share my experience in hopes to help anyone else going through this.

When I was 9+6 weeks pregnant I went in for my first ultrasound. All that showed up on my ultrasound was an empty sac measuring 6 weeks 4 days. The tech mentioned blighted ovum. Gut wrenching It was my first prenatal visit for this pregnancy. My midwife doesn't usually see anyone until a few weeks after the first ultrasound. I hadn't had any bleeding or cramping. I was still feeling all the normal pregnancy symptoms. I was to come back in a week to repeat the ultrasound, just in case my dates were off. But I knew they were not.

That week I started spotting a very little. My nausea went away almost completely. But I was still feeling pregnant. When I went in for my second ultrasound(should be 11 wks) the sac measured the same(6+4) but now there was a fetal pole but no heartbeat. So I was to come back the next week for a third ultrasound. While crying on the way home I remember thinking to God, if this is a joke it's not funny.

That week I started having back pain and cramping and started bleeding 2 days before my 3rd ultrasound. At the 3rd ultrasound there again was only an empty sac but it was measuring 5 weeks. The tech mentioned how weird it was that the body starts to absorb the pregnancy When talking to my midwife that day we decided if my bleeding didn't pick up over the weekend(it was a Friday) then I would come back and she would insert cytotec to get things going.

That day my bleeding picked up. Lots of clots but nothing super large in size. I had back pain and cramping, but seemed to be able to keep the pain level down with extra strength Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Same thing the next day. Sunday morning my pain picked up and I had more intense cramping(contractions). That's when I passed the most of things. After that my pain subsided and my bleeding slowed down. That week I had light bleeding. That Friday I had a 4th ultrasound which showed I had passed mostly everything. I also had my blood drawn that day to check my hcg levels. A couple days later my bleeding picked up again and I passed more clots. Then went back to light bleeding. Then the light bleeding went to spotting. I spotted red for a couple days then brown for a couple days. Then finally when I got normal cm I went right into a yeast infection.

I went a couple days without spotting and now I am back to spotting again(mostly brown) So that's 2 weeks bleeding (only about 2 days heavy) 1 week spotting. Couple days normal cm then back to spotting. Today is day 27 from when I first started bleeding. 6 days ago I had my blood drawn for the second time. It was at 38. I am still getting faint positive hpt's, although they are fading slowly.

I realize this is a ridiculously long post. But, l did it to help anyone wondering. If you have gone through a loss and it is not to upsetting to share your experience on here I think others could benefit from it.

I do plan to TTC again. I like to think this is just a delay, not a denial

Just wanted to update that after a couple days of my spotting starting back up my bleeding picked back up. I went 2-3 days of pretty heavy bleeding and then it tapered off. It felt like a really bad period, my boobs even started to hurt.
    My first hcg on day 21 of mc bleeding was 38, then the next week was 17, then next was 8.8. 3 days after the 8.8 I got a positive opk.
    Last edited by QueenB3blue; December 22nd, 2014 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Hcg levels

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you QueenB. I know this must have been very hard for you to get down in writing. HUGE HUGS.

When I screw up my courage, I'll share my story as well.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Queen-you have given me courage & I will share too. lost my baby May 9th.Two days before
    Mothers Day.I was 9 weeks.The baby was due Dec 10th so 2 days before the due date I'm
    finding myself terribly sad.I had a really good sway that month.The day I implanted
    (I know the day cause my temp had a good dip then rise the next day &some cramping)
    I went roller skating with my daughter.I shouldn't have taken the chance & I did.I fell
    REALLY hard on my tailbone.The baby died from a SCH & no matter what anyone tells
    me I feel in my heart it was because I fell.I knew as soon as I got a bfp something was
    wrong.I had cramping on and off everyday lIke I was getting AF but no bleeding.
    Every one kept telling me it was normal because it was my 4th pregnancy but I knew
    better.never had that with any of my pregnancies.I went for my 1st US @6wk 6 days.
    Baby measured 6 weeks HB was 95 bpm which they said was on the low side.They saw
    the SCH which was small but didn't tell me until my next visit.2 weeks later.The day before
    the MC I woke up dizzy & crampy.Had pink discharge when I wiped & knew immediately I
    was gonna lose the baby.Dr said it could be the SCH resolving & 2 drink lots of water &
    rest.that helped a little.next day everything got a bit worse.I called the Dr & they scheduled
    a US that day.I went alone so DH could watch the kids.US tech acted weird.wouldn't
    show me the screen for a long time.then showed me the baby that had detached from
    the placenta.I just laid there & sobbed.Driving home I had terrible cramps.When I pulled
    in the driveway all these big clots came out & I bled all over myself & my car.I tied a
    sweatshirt around my waist so the kids wouldn't see & ran up 2 the bathroom.The baby was
    in my pants still in the amniotic sac.I just stared on disbelief this was actual happening.
    Crying like I never had before.I broke the sac.Baby had eyes & arm buds.it never grew
    past the 6 week mark.I said I was sorry to the baby.Then I had 2 flush it down the toilet.
    It was the hardest most gut wrenching horrible thing Ive ever had 2 do.Wouldn't wish it
    on my worst enemy.Thank u for letting me share & helping me heal.
    Last edited by Leebug; December 8th, 2014 at 11:45 PM.
    Jan. 22 2008 7lbs 7oz Mar. 14 2011 6lbs 11ozs (my birthday gift &
    drug free water birth baby) Feb 2 2013 my surrogate bun 5 weeks 11/25/13.:9 weeks 5/9/14NOT giving up on my dream for

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Queen B and Leebug thank you so much for sharing , its truly heart breaking but you are both very brave to share and for those that are going through this or have been through this it is nice to know you are not alone! I wish you happy and healthy pregnancies in the near future XX

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    leebug, my last MC happened at 6weeks 2 days and the image of that sack with the tiny baby inside and then having to flush it will never leave my head. It was utterly heart breaking

I'm so sorry for you both xx
    2007 2010 2012 2015

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so so sorry ladies. I have a follow up sono tomorrow to see if my baby has grown since last week. It was measuring 5w4d last Wednesday, a week behind. So tomorrow I should be 6w4d. My hcg numbers are not increasing as they should and I also have a sch they are watching. The nurses and sonographer have prepared me for the worst.

The past couple of days I've been crampy and lower back pain. Brownish discharge when I wipe, none on my underware yet.

Thank you for your stories, I can imagine how hard it is to revisit these feelings. They are helpful in that I know whatever hand I'm dealt, that like you girls, I can get through this.
    Feb. '11
    Dec. '12
    Dec. '14
    Praying for 2015

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you so much Queen. ((((hugs)))))
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good Luck with your ultrasound tarasue. The waiting around and not knowing is the hardest thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Queen and Leebug- thank you for having the courage and the strength to share your experiences. I have only had 2 chemicals, one before I got pregnant with DS2 and one this past cycle. That pales in comparison to what you both went through. I pray that you two never have to experience that again! Know that your babies are in the comfort of God, and your experiences will help many others going through the same ordeal.

XXOO ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tarasue- I am praying for you and your little one. I hope beyond hope that you get get good news tomorrow! XXOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast