Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would be ten weeks on Tuesday. I'm scared it'll be worse cos I'm getting to be fairly far along although the nurse at the hospital said nothing additional would have been created since the baby died. How are you getting in MrsG?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No advice, just and to all.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. I had a smear of blood this morning and so thought it was beginning, but the cramps that were getting pretty painful have completely stopped again. I am getting sick of being in no mans land and basically just wallowing a bit! Hospital on Tuesday. Am so p*ssed off this is happening (sorry)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee37 View Post
    Thanks Atomic. I had a smear of blood this morning and so thought it was beginning, but the cramps that were getting pretty painful have completely stopped again. I am getting sick of being in no mans land and basically just wallowing a bit! Hospital on Tuesday. Am so p*ssed off this is happening (sorry)
    (Hugs) Honeybee,

It sounds like it will be starting soon. I had 3-4 days of spotting pink/brown before it started.

*don't be shocked when it does start that the cramps and blood will be intense for a few hours. It really is more like a mini labor than a "heavy period" like the dumb hospital always likes to go on about.

Have you been drinking the Red Raspberry tea?

I really am pissed too! #4 mc in a row for me and just when I finally get off of swaying and can eat whatever I want, I have to start all over. Part of me wants to just throw my hands up and do whatever, but I did manage to conceive a girl after 5 boys with a strict sway. Too bad she didnt stick

I'm still in no mans land. only 8w2 and baby died over a week ago. I had a blood draw on Thurs and again later this week. Usually starts at 10w for me so i have a ways to wait yet... At least this will be over before Christmas. I really hope for a Christmas egg even though they say you don't normally O until after 1st AF.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh MrsG I am so with you on everything you say. I really thought it was starting last night as I had pretty bad pains in my lower back, but I woke up this morning to absolutely nothing. No more blood, no pain.... sigh. Am 10w on Tuesday. Like you, I have been eating what I want and mentally I don't think I can go back to the LE right now. Part of me is so desperate just to conceive, part of me thinks I'll be mad with myself if I don't try, having done the diet and exercise for the best part of a year!!!
    I too absolutely can't wait for Christmas. I am not restricting myself this Christmas though as last year I was really into the LE. This year I really will eat what I want (I hardly eat meat anymore anyway but there will be plenty of cheese and plenty of wine!!)
    MrsG I am sorry you are also stuck in this rubbish limbo, and also so sorry you've been through this so many times, I really am. Thank you for holding my hand through it! Keep me posted how you go. Oh, and yes the hospital told me the same "heavy period" story

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee37 View Post
    Oh, and yes the hospital told me the same "heavy period" story
    Ooooohhhh, that just infuriates me when they do that!

I know the hospital staff thinks they are "helping" by not trying to scare women, but it really does the mother an injustice when she puts on her maxi pad like usual expecting a few small clots and instead she's doubled over the toilet with clots the size of lemons coming one after another.

Then you stand up to change the maxi and the blood keeps dripping out of you like a leaky faucet in starts & stops.

That's why i just slap on the adult disposable diapers and dont have to change a pad every 15 min.

Hope that's not too much detail but that's really what a natural mc is like at 10 weeks...it is nothing like a period. Knowledge is power and you shoukd know what to expect.

You must stay hydrated through it to keep your fluid levels up.

If you feel cold or clammy that's your clue to get to the hospital.
    Last edited by MrsGoodies; November 27th, 2016 at 01:41 PM.

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for that, MrsG. That's good advice. I've passed some pink blood today, and had quite a lot of cramps. And I've stocked up on pads and painkillers... really quite scared now though. How are you? Have you got an appointment for an ultrasound this week?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    (Hugs) Honeybee,

Its normal to be nervous the first time not knowing what to expect. I remember my first time..... @10 weeks DH went off to play baseball & I let him thinking just a "heavy period" was coming....then got the shock of my life when the clots were so darn huge. I'd never seen clots like that before in my life!

I was on the phone with the 911 operator thinking I was dying and she calmly tells me its all perfectly normal...amount of blood, size of clots...everything. She calmed me down quite a bit bc I was hysterically crying and panicking....

By the time DH got home 3 hr later the worst was over and I was in bed.

I'd say the worst lasts 2-3 hr at most.

With my twins after 5 hr it was not letting up at all, i was cold/clammy and needed an emergency D&C bc something got stuck apparently. That was my only mc where i needed help & i think its bc double the babies = double the blood loss.

I think you will be ok Honeybee. 10 weeks is still manageable.

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    GRAPHIC WARNING!

I am posting this picture for Honeybee's benefit so she know what to look for when collecting a miscarriage sample. I apologize in advance if this offends anyone.

Honeybee,

You will need a strainer to collect your clots.

Then you need to examine each one as they come out.

Regular blood clot looks like liver. It will break apart in your fingers and feels soft like Jello.

What you are looking for is a solid clot that wont break apart. It will be more fibrous.

When you carefully rinse it in pure saline it will have an outer membrane (the gestational sack) and then skin tone , feathery part (the feathery part is the chorionic villi and it is what is tested for genetic make-up much like in a CVS test)

Keep your sample in saline solution (needs to be 100% saline so check the label) in the fridge for up to 5 days (but really you should send it for testing asap)

image.jpg

After you get this, you don't need to collect anymore clots.

Tip: the lab will only need a small part of the sample, so what I did was carefully cut it in 1/2 with scissors and saved 1/2 in my fridge just in case the lab screwed up for whatever reason.

After I got my report, I buried the other 1/2 from my fridge under a cherry tree and had a small memorial for my little one.
    Last edited by MrsGoodies; November 27th, 2016 at 03:43 PM.

12. Thanks honeybee37 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. I had no idea it would look like this - that's really helpful. I feel like I am ready to do this now.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast