Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes of course, just PM me or email at atomicsagebrush@gmail.com (sometimes people can't get pics to work via PM, totally fine to email me) I can't guarantee I'll be able to tell either though because if the baby was swollen it could very easily look boy but be a girl.

Tell your hubby this - even if this baby was incorrectly determined, the odds of that happening again to the same couple is like a lightning strike...it doesn't strike twice in the same place. For this to have happened not only once, but twice, at the same clinic...there would have to be serious issues with the clinic and we just don't see it happening any more. The clinics have built in so many safeguards at this point that it just is very slim chance of a mistake being made and that would mean that you simply fell into the very slim possibility of a lab error. Very unlikely that two lab errors would be made!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Thanks Etreintedouce thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry for your loss!
    We also had a loss at 17 weeks. I needed an autopsy to confirm it was a girl eveb though we already knew girl. It wasn't easy to tell. Did you get one?
    What does your RE reccomend now?
    I am now pregnant with a pgs girl and have a sch that caused my placenta to detach slightly too. I have had ALOT of extra monitoring and ultrasounds to verify the placenta remains functional.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Georgia_Peach; August 11th, 2018 at 01:55 PM.
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Etreintedouce thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so so sorry for your loss. We have been there, and it sucks. I was desperate to TTC again after our daughter died, but we didn't have any other kids at the time, but even still, getting a positive pregnancy test is always bittersweet and a little terrifying. That never goes away, unfortunately, I don't think for most people, after you've been through this.

Is is possible that the PGS testing was accurate but the clinic mistakenly transferred the normal XY (I think you said you had 1 normal boy?) instead of the girl? I am sorry this has left you with so many more questions on top of your loss.

6. Thanks Etreintedouce thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamabird4 View Post
    Sorry for your loss!
    We also had a loss at 17 weeks. I needed an autopsy to confirm it was a girl eveb though we already knew girl. It wasn't easy to tell. Did you get one?
    What does your RE reccomend now?
    I am now pregnant with a pgs girl and have a sch that caused my placenta to detach slightly too. I have had ALOT of extra monitoring and ultrasounds to verify the placenta remains functional.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Sadly we didn't do any testing because my doctor told us it was pointless because we did pgs testing. I thought since it looked for sure like a boy than it was. I didn't realize it could really be a girl still or I would of done testing. I contacted my RE but haven't heard from the him yet.
    ttc our first baby May 2014!!

Failed sway resulted in an adorable baby boy. Perfect in every way
    Failed sway with another cute boy May 2016.
    Trying HT Feb, 2018 Hopefully it works!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2blue1pink View Post
    I am so so sorry for your loss. We have been there, and it sucks. I was desperate to TTC again after our daughter died, but we didn't have any other kids at the time, but even still, getting a positive pregnancy test is always bittersweet and a little terrifying. That never goes away, unfortunately, I don't think for most people, after you've been through this.

Is is possible that the PGS testing was accurate but the clinic mistakenly transferred the normal XY (I think you said you had 1 normal boy?) instead of the girl? I am sorry this has left you with so many more questions on top of your loss.
    I am waiting to hear back from my RE about what could of happened. I clarified a couple times they transferred a girl and they said they did.
    ttc our first baby May 2014!!

Failed sway resulted in an adorable baby boy. Perfect in every way
    Failed sway with another cute boy May 2016.
    Trying HT Feb, 2018 Hopefully it works!!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i am so sorry
    we havent done ivf but we lost our second child (first girl) at 18 weeks, (we did not know the gender when she was born) the hospital wouldnt say gender when she was born because they said they had got it wrong in the past and that the family had gone through choosing the name and having the funeral etc for their baby believing it was one gender only for the postmortem to come back saying baby was in fact the opposite gender.
    in case its of any help our daughter was born at 18 weeks, we were told she was formed to the point of an 18 week baby and there was nothing sticking out between the legs at all, but there was a very thin vertical indent line right down the middle which led me to think girl (the line was literally the width of a piece of hair) but it wasnt confirmed till the postmortem results came back.
    now 6blue5pink

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Etreintedouce View Post
    I am waiting to hear back from my RE about what could of happened. I clarified a couple times they transferred a girl and they said they did.
    If you ask them they will very likely be happy to go over with you the protocols that they have in place to ensure that the embryos are correctly labeled and transferred. Clinics (especially in the US) really take every precaution to make sure they don't make mistakes on things of this nature. it may give your hubby some peace of mind to hear all the stuff they did to be sure that there was no accidental mixup.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Thanks Etreintedouce thanked for this post
    IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am very sorry for your loss. It sounds like from reading what others wrote that you cannot be sure of gender that early and even though you made it to 16 weeks, was the baby behind in development which may have made it even more likely that gender could not be determined externally.

The odds of getting through the whole PGS process and you getting a wrong gender is incredibly low. I would definitely work with the one you have left before you try naturally again but of course, take your time.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

14. Thanks Etreintedouce, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to find peace somehow.

I had a loss at 15 weeks, and I don't want to sound like a lunatic, but I analyzed that little baby for almost an hour, I couldn't make any determination. I hope to a sticky for you for your next transfer
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12