Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it depends on the size of the tissue that's left

I had a small amount left (under 1" I think) and they decided not to do anything further. Often it will be reabsorbed or pass out either on its own or with the next AF

any more than that and they might offer you medical management or an ERPC

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again, ladies.

queen-of-harts - there's no danger of me curling up on the couch with 3 boys under 6! I resumed my normal activity within hours of the miscarriage and regularly walk my kids to and from school, buy groceries, play with them, etc.

My doctor called back later this afternoon to say that after talking with an OBGYN consult it looks like the amount of tissue is quite minor I can probably just wait it out and it should pass on its own. Phew! The only snag in all of this is they want me to wait for a period and have another scan then to make sure everything's gone...I guess that means I can't TTC at my first post-m/c ovulation I was really hoping for a BFP by Christmas, but that's looking less and less likely now.

My midwife never suggested any follow-up appointments, and if I hadn't had them I would never have known about the remaining tissue and would have gone ahead and TTC right away. Would it be dangerous to track O and still do that, knowing what I know?
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A related question - I assume O won't come until all the tissue has passed and my HCG is back down to 0, right? So if I O does that mean my m/c is complete and it's safe to TTC?

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just saw your response, rainbow - I think I fit into the former category since they seem to think it will pass naturally or reabsorb. Forgive me if I've already asked you this and just forget your response, but when did you get your first af after your m/c?

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you can still O before the reamining tissue passes... sometimes tissue that remains is the type that produces HCG, so that might cause the HCG to either drop slowly or to stay high.
    if it's not that sort of tissue the HCG can drop and once it's down your normal hormones can resume and you can ovulate again

sorry that they've asked you to wait a month

even though I had some retained tissue we decided to TTC anyway. I did a fair bit of googling as to what would happen if I got a BFP before an AF despite retained tissue and I found that often it's just reabsorbed or will pass as lots of spotting, often it could be pushed out as the new pregnancy grows, but of course there's a small infection risk if it doesn't pass naturally/reabsorb. I wish in hindsight that we HAD waited for the first AF, the hormones disrupted my cycle too much so it was very stressful TTC that cycle, more than normal.

for me, I think the retained tissue broke down gradually (hence the constant spotting all cycle) but mostly it must have been reabsorbed as my next two AFs were very very light. I certainly didn't have any clots during my next AF.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your story, rainbow - I'll take that into consideration as I decide how to proceed.

DS3, June 2009

DD, September 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry mocha x
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no problem, it does get easier - promise

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochagirl View Post
    I guess that means I can't TTC at my first post-m/c ovulation I was really hoping for a BFP by Christmas, but that's looking less and less likely now.
    I'm sorry, Mocha! Maybe January will be your month, just like it was for your Mom... All this waiting just sucks but I know it'll be worth it!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My doctor told me to just take a pregnancy test after the bleeding stopped and if it was negative then i had pased everything(i did not want to go back and see preggo ladies if i did not have to)
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast