Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It wasn't right for me. My HCG was 2.5 MoM and my PAPP-A was 0.7. They were such weird bloods I had one of those blood tests where they look for trisomies and I am having a healthy boy.
    Mummy to three gorgeous girls :
    DD1 7
    DD2 6
    DD3 2
    DS born sep 13

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I should add that my HCG was huge from the onset and I haven't had even a tiny bit of sickness - completely different to the previous three.
    DD1 7
    DD2 6
    DD3 2
    DS born sep 13

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you have any bleeding early on? That is known to cause elevated hCG levels and often accounts for women getting a high risk result on the screen with a chromosomally normal baby.

Also, the study isn't specifically wrong for you. BOTH numbers either elevated or low are needed for determining gender by this method. Of course there are going to be those that don't fit the pattern. You had a very girl HCG level but a very boy PAPP-A level. Because of that, it could go either way. I don't know what your NT measurement was.
    DH (43), DW (40)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyGirl19 View Post
    Did you have any bleeding early on? That is known to cause elevated hCG levels and often accounts for women getting a high risk result on the screen with a chromosomally normal baby.

Also, the study isn't specifically wrong for you. BOTH numbers either elevated or low are needed for determining gender by this method. Of course there are going to be those that don't fit the pattern. You had a very girl HCG level but a very boy PAPP-A level. Because of that, it could go either way. I don't know what your NT measurement was.
    No, no bleeding. I've been completely well. My NT measurement was lower than average though. From memory my HCG was higher than ave but not as high with my girl pregnancies. My PAPP-A has always been a bit lower than average. The combination of high HCG and low PAPP-A put my Down Syndrome risk from the bloods alone at 1:30. The overall risk was much lower because of the normal scan but that's why I got nervous and had the blood test done.
    DD1 7
    DD2 6
    DD3 2
    DS born sep 13

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyGirl19 View Post
    My HCG MOM was almost 8 times higher than average but the Papp A was also 4 times higher, so I had a very low risk of any abnormalities.

But I did have a lot of bleeding in the first trimester, how does that affect the HCG? No one ever mentioned that to me. Would it increase the Papp A at the same time?
    13 years 11 years 6 years & our HT miracle 2 years

6 IVF Cycles(3 SART & 3 Genea), 4 FET cycles, 4 transfers, 3 Chemicals.

Sep 11 2012: Genea, FET, 1 day 5, CGH HB transferred.
    4dp5dt POAS BFP, 9dp5dt 67, 11 dp5dt 183, 17dp5dt 3832
    Full Cycle Details here Cycle Summary

Finally our beautiful baby girl was born 20th May, 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I work in perinatology and when there is bleeding in pregnancy hCG levels typically elevate because the placenta is trying to hold onto the pregnancy. It's not really understood why it goes up, but we tend to think it's the body trying to correct a problem and stop the bleeding. We haven't seen that it has a direct effect in PAPP-A levels though. Most commonly in women with bleeding we see high HCG and a normal level of PAPP-A (meaning not a super low one in the risk zone) and as a result this triggers a high risk on the Down's screening since high HCG and low PAPP-A are soft markers for Down's. Another thing with the hormone levels we don't know a reason for is that women who have had IVF have much, much higher levels of both hormones than a natural pregnancy, so this study wouldn't fit a pattern for determining gender in that instance.
    DH (43), DW (40)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update This theory is right for me..It's a BOY!! Jark22- you were right..Thank you !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jark22 View Post
    Probably boy.....

This theory is right for me..It's a BOY! Jark22 - you were right..
    Thank you!!!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    just got my results back,any gender clues?DSC_0140.JPGthanks

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    anyone?

Dream Newbie