Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Big Smile Moms of mixed gender children-what was difference in symptoms between your girl and boy pregnancy

I thought it would good to compare pregnancy symptoms between expecting boys and girls.Please share any different symptoms you may have had whilst expecting your girls OR boys for those of us with only one gender.

(99) (04) (08) 4 x looking over us all.

Swayed but blessed with another

' There is only room for one Princess in this house'

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, My first daughter and my son's pregnancy were very different. DD1 I was hardly sick (mild nausea and food aversions for a few weeks the first trimester), and I carried about in the middle--not high, but not really low, either. With DS, I was sick as a dog for 12 or 13 weeks, and carried much lower. With DD2, I was sure she was a boy because I was carrying low, was really sick for 15 weeks... but no, it was another girl. This time I am carrying lower than ever, was sick for 16 weeks, and don't know what I am having.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With my son I felt nothing (for about 10 weeks I didnt know I was pregnant) I think around 12 weeks I got tired. Once I experience mild nausea a few minutes. Now I'm 7 weeks pregnant, in the morning a bit nausea and tired in the morning (2 hours after I get out of bed). I dont know how many beans (the nurse thought she saw 1 sac but possible 2 or 3) gender unknown because I put back boys and girls......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS1 and 2 = night queasiness. I'd feel sickest at night and would just go to bed to stop feeling it. I also carried low.

DD=morning queasiness and an insane hatred of meat. If I ate meat, it was coming back up in the first 12 weeks. If I didn't mess with meat, I would be fine, just feel a constant seasickness type nausea. Also I'm carrying 'high'. Also, I felt profoundly depressed in the first 8-10 weeks, whereas with my boys I always felt serene. Now I feel fine emotionally again.

Besides, the pregs are similiar...my face and hair do not change.
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ds- nausea only in morning, heightened sense of smells - hated the smell of lavender and the smells of certain foods. Carried all at front and high. Spotty skin early in pregnancy but then cleared and stayed clear. Felt dizzy in middle of pregnancy.

DD- nausea all day. It lasted longer than with son. Smells didn't bother me. Hairs didn't grow on my legs. Again carried all at front and high. Clearer skin. Frequent migraines - particularly at the end of the pregnancy.

brand new. Successful girl sway. Thankyou so very much Atomic for all your wonderful advice.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great thread! With the hair not growing on legs was this noticeable straight away or later on in pregnancy? Just wondering if it's when the testosterone does or doesn't kick in. Mine are at the moment the same as always but wondering if this could change???

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS-I only felt sick if I did not eat every few hours. I had major smell aversions that did not go away until he was born. I had a lot of cravings.

DD1&2-I felt sick no matter if I ate often or not. I had a lot of indigestion type pains in the first trimester. Aversions to all meat in first trimester, but I could eat anything after the 12 week mark. Did not have cravings.
    DS(2004) DD1(2007) DD2(2012)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oohhh I can post here now!
    My girls all gave me awful morning sickness.
    This one, a boy, only about 3 days of super mild sickness and that was it!!

My girls I carried sooo low and girls measured small. This one I am so high up and baby is measuring big for dates.
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only pregnancy where I felt little or no nausea at all was Ds2's. With him I had pretty good skin, no sickness, but I did feel depressed during the first 10 weeks of his pregnancy, whereas with the other two I didn't feel much depression at all.
    DD and Ds1 were both very similar (nausea for the first few weeks (Ds1 was the worst), spotty face (had more spots with dd than the boys), hairy (was VERY hairy with my first boy). I was also very sensitive to certain smells - for some reason I really hated fish or any seafood during dd's pregnancy and with Ds1 I hated anything too sweet.

The biggest difference between my boys' pregnancies and my girl's was that I carried my girl really high and her bump was smaller. I carried low with both my boys and they were pretty big - especially my second!
    '04 '07 '10

After ages of praying for a sister for DD, I am proud to announce the birth of my twin baby GIRLS born Oct 31st.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With my daughters, I had a huge appetite for food, had morning sickness but not all day only mornings and it always settled after breakfast and disappeared before second trimester, my hair was really greasy, skin became combination oily dry, had really dry hands, leg hair grew back the same faster for first daughter same for second, bump was all round and high and put on a lot of weight. Heartburn towards the end and face was very round. Also had sweet and spicy cravings and smell aversions

With this pregnancy, have had the worst morning sickness, heartburn indigestion right from the start, hair looks great no grease, skin is terrible spots and flaking skin, leg hair is growing back really slow, bump is compact and long this time, not much weight put on, no swelling or pregnancy glow so far, very small appetite and hands are ok, not as dry. No cravings and cooking smell aversions and a lot more headaches and tiredness this time.
    Mother of 2 beautiful girls
    Expecting a baby boy in September! Thank you Gender Dreaming!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast