Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had this with all my pregnancies... I was also told that I do probably have a slight heart murmur but it's more noticeable during pregnancy with the increased blood flow. I would get blurred vision, it was very scary.
    18 15 11
    Wishing and praying for just one more baby FX for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am like you Hobbermittens, I get ectopic (skipped) beats during pregnancy and breastfeeding. My main trigger seems to be sleep deprivation! I used to work night shifts which didn't help. Nothing like trying to help someone who has called an ambulance and you are looking at them thinking "Hey, I am sicker than you are, let me get on the stretcher!"

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read this thread once before but forgot about it and I suddenly remembered it - I'm practically crying to have remembered it! Yesterday while driving home from work I had a really scary experience where my heart felt weird and I felt funny in my head and I had to pull over and I've had it several times since. I've been convinced that there's something terrible wrong and that I'm going to die, particularly after the DVT scare last week which has left me a worrying mess.

I can't figure out if my heart is speeding up, slowing down or missing a beat but it's only for a moment or two and when it happens I get a weird head rush. I went to the midwife when I got home last night and she said everything is fine with both me and the baby so my second thought is that I'm losing my marbles! I think if this is still happening after the weekend I'll go to the doctor and ask to have my heart specifically looked at but I am so reassured by this thread. It's weird that it keeps happening when I'm driving. I wondered whether sitting down without moving position might be restricting my blood flow further than it otherwise would be. When I had my ultrasound on the arteries in my legs last week I had to shift off my bottom because the reading was so poor when the baby was sitting on them. I also woke with this feeling a few times during the night. I've also been getting pins and needles in my hands after I've been driving.

I started taking a pre-natal again this week after not having them for quite a few weeks and I had been wondering whether there's a connection. I'm only really taking them for the Vitamin D (and iron I guess but my iron levels are historically very good - don't suppose that's necessarily the case now though!). If B vitamins might be contributing to this other business perhaps I'll just buy the iron and vit d separately. Atomic - if you're reading this do you have any thoughts on this?

Right, I'm going to enjoy the evening and celebrate the fact that I'm probably not going to die just yet. Seriously, I've been kissing my children at bedtime and crying my eyes out at the thought of leaving them. What a twit!

Is it coincidence that this is happening with my girl and didn't happen with my boys? I would definitely not have had 4 babies if the first 3 had made me feel this awful!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just had a full Tachycardia blood screen done today. I freaked out at work the other night when it started; I don't remember getting it on any of my last pregnancies. I was beginning to think there was some kind of gas leak in my building. I am missing more than half of my thyroid so they did a screening on that as well. I don't get to sleep at night at home (I work 3rd shift) and the 1 night I did get to sleep in bed it was so bad I was convinced something was majorly wrong and I couldn't sleep! I am talking to my work about going on days, I'm too exhausted now to continue to work 3rd shift and with these new issues arising, I'm a nervous wreck about miscarrying again!
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's all so worrying isn't it? I went to my doctor this morning and this thread was so much more informative than he was! He's not at all worried because my chest sounds find and my blood pressure is normal and is just chalking it down to one of those pregnancy things - he suggested I tried to relax a bit more and drive a bit less! He said I could have an ECG if I wanted but that he wasn't concerned so I'm going to see how it goes over the next few days and if it continues I'll get that done. I have next week off work so hopefully that will help!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zana - I do totally think it could be connected to the B vitamins. They make my heart freak out. At the same time tho I have always had a peak in heart irritability at 5 months that then kind of got better until I delivered, so maybe you're just having your own peak at 6 months??

The other thing to be aware of is holding your breath. You may not even realize you are doing it (I didn't) but it triggers the skipped beats. I wonder if you subconsciously hold your breath sometimes when you're driving.

What you're describing sounds to me like skipped beats and that is exactly how it feels for me too, right down to the head rush afterwards. Very normal in pregnancy - I know it's easy for me to say but I have been there!!! The more you stress about it, the worse it gets.

I do think it's coincidence you're getting it with your girls and not your boys because I got it with all four of my boys! Also when I'm not pregnant at times as well. Hang in there - the odds are the ECG would not find anything anyway (they will then want to give you a "king of hearts" monitor to wear for several weeks and it's a PITA) and when they do find a skipped beat, they will tell you it is normal anyway and not do anything about it! I had to do the king of hearts twice and sent them so many skipped beats it was ridiculous (the first time they made me bring it back after only 3 days because they were annoyed with me pushing the button so often) and they were all normal. :/
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by tinksmagic View Post
    I just had a full Tachycardia blood screen done today. I freaked out at work the other night when it started; I don't remember getting it on any of my last pregnancies. I was beginning to think there was some kind of gas leak in my building. I am missing more than half of my thyroid so they did a screening on that as well. I don't get to sleep at night at home (I work 3rd shift) and the 1 night I did get to sleep in bed it was so bad I was convinced something was majorly wrong and I couldn't sleep! I am talking to my work about going on days, I'm too exhausted now to continue to work 3rd shift and with these new issues arising, I'm a nervous wreck about miscarrying again!
    I am unaware of any blood screen that they can do for tachycardia. They actually have to witness the electrical problem with your heart on an ECG or other heart monitor before they will diagnose it and it can be really challenging because it never seems to happen when you're there at the doc's office. Took them 15 years to finally witness mine!

It will be ok tink, it's almost certainly just lack of sleep, thyroid, and stress.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again Atomic, I feel so much better already just because I'm not worrying so much!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I am unaware of any blood screen that they can do for tachycardia. They actually have to witness the electrical problem with your heart on an ECG or other heart monitor before they will diagnose it and it can be really challenging because it never seems to happen when you're there at the doc's office. Took them 15 years to finally witness mine!

It will be ok tink, it's almost certainly just lack of sleep, thyroid, and stress.
    Well, that's just weird then. My nurse put down tachycardia as the reason for my blood test, now I'm wondering what the heck they're looking for! I'll call tomorrow for my results. I know they have to check my thyroid levels so maybe that's the test and the "reason" was tc. UGH, just wish to get past these first 3 months so things will "normal out".

The weird thing is, I've always had an issue with electricity and my body. I put out an abnormal amount of it, I can't wear watches, and you should see what happens with me an electronics so any kind of increase in electrical patterns in my system are crazy.
    Last edited by tinksmagic; February 10th, 2012 at 04:11 AM.
    (DD '89), (DS '92), (DD '99), (DD '05),
    (DS '10),(DS '12)(DS '12) (DS x 2 '13)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, I bet they checked your thyroid - that can cause tachycardia!! Good guess!

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast