Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stocking up on baby wipes/diapers

So I was advised to get ahead of the game in the diapering department. So far I have 4 size 1 diapers in the 50ct packages so 200 diapers in size 1...is that not going to be enough? Im imagining Olivia will not be the 9lb. monster I was, im thinking 7-8lbs. my DH was only 6lbs. fullterm. I have 1 package of Newborn size and im imaging to get more at my baby shower. I have 1 48ct. size 2 dipers so far. My concern is her growing out of the smaller sizes fast because my nephew's wife's baby was 7 1/2 lbs. at birth but in size 2 diapers at 2 months old! I don't know, I think im underestimating how many diapers I need in day LOL

Also question about baby wipes. I have none so far. When should I consider stocking up on these? I still have approx. 3 full more months left before she gets here. If I started buying these now they wouldn't be dry by April would they? It's not like it's hot here, just the opposite.

Any words of wisdom?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Baby wipes are usually sealed and airtight so you can safely buy them in advance.

Personally, I think you have enough size 1, my guys always grew through newborn/size 1 very quick, then hung out for awhile at size 2.

Just to share a hint that I used with all four of mine, they have these things in the adult diaper section at your local drugstore, that are just waterproof pads, they're flat and made out of diaper material. They are great because you can use them as changing pads and then just toss them when they get dirty.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, my UCer was 11lbs and my kiddos are usually in the higher weight range (my first was 9lbs 3oz) so NB dipes are usually just 1 large-ish pack! And usually that's enough to get them out of the meconium stage at which point I switch to prefolds and flats until they're big enough for the small/one size cloth dipes! If I ever did run out of NB dipes, I'd just send my husband out for another (smally) pack. Wipes I stock up on whenever they're on sale (I cloth diaper but I've had horrible luck with cloth wipes, so we get the disposable wipes) I broke down my "NEED to buy before the kid gets here" list over the past 4 months. I only really have the crib to buy & sidecar to the bed (2 year old still cosleeps with us, so we're running out of room! hah) & her car seat & her toiletries along with the pack of sposies
    Mom to 5 amazing boys with a girl due end of March/early April 2011!
    :formerly wingless:

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Go ahead and stock up on the wipes! Like atomic said, they come sealed so you can store for quite a while. You might want to pick out a few kinds to try to find the ones you like best.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like you have plenty of 1's, my babies flew those. Even if they're little like mine were if they're heavy wetters you may need to size up to the 2's. I stock piled the disposables before our last baby and then went a totally different route (pregnancy insanity lol) and cloth diapered! Turns out I love cd'ing.. go figure. Luckily WM was great about returns and I still used them here and there. Oh and as far as the wipes, some babies are sensitive to certain wipes so you may want to save your receipts in case.. (I've always had the best luck with plain old Wal Mart Parent's Choice unscented ones.)
    Last edited by Partyof6; December 27th, 2010 at 01:20 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    True, Party! I often found that it wasn't even necessarily the size of my baby that made me move up to the next size diaper, it was the leaking!!! You can cinch down the tape on the diaper to make a bigger diaper fit a smaller baby, so it's better to err on the size of more large diapers anyway instead of smaller ones that won't be used.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Azuremyst. I am going to start stocking up now on things like nappies and wipes. You can't have to many just in case. I know with my 3 boys that they used quite a few at the beginning. How are you feeling these days?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteicequeen View Post
    Hi Azuremyst. I am going to start stocking up now on things like nappies and wipes. You can't have to many just in case. I know with my 3 boys that they used quite a few at the beginning. How are you feeling these days?
    Im feeling quite heavy & large. I can see her shifting around just watching my belly. A few nights ago she had her elbow? or feet up right in the middle of my belly & it looked so funny like my belly had a point LOL, Other than that im pretty tired. How are you feeling? Nice to see you here!
    Last edited by Azuremyst; December 30th, 2010 at 08:36 PM. Reason: typos