Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My right is more swollen than my left, I guess I never really noticed that until this post, but I have no idea if this happened during any other pregnancy.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With my (boy) twins my feet and ankles swelled up so much I had to wear shoes 2 sizes bigger! With ds3, my ankles never swelled, but my fingers did - I remember taking off my rings at about 6 months.

This pregnancy, my only girl, I have no swelling at all - my rings are still loose on my fingers and my ankles look normal. This is really surprising because this is my first summer pregnancy, and it's been a hot one.
    Identical Twin Boys, May 2006

DS3, June 2009

Lost at 11 Weeks, November 2011

DD, September 2012

I can't believe I have a daughter!
    Thank you everyone at Gender Dreaming and may all your dreams come true as well!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never answered this because I'd literally just had a baby that week LOL but since a spammer just bumped it up for me, I had swollen ankles with my 1st pregnancy (boy) not with my 2nd or 3rd (both boys) and then again with my 4th and 5th (boy and girl.) I always get more swollen on my left side. (still, since now I'm old and getting swollen ankles due to that :/) My mom had INSANELY swollen ankles with her last two, had to have the special pantyhose and everything and she had a boy and a girl. And, the poor gal that posted this thread in the first place, desperately seeking hope she was having a boy - had another girl as well.

yet another pregnancy symptom that does not predict gender in any reliable way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont think ive ever got crazy swollen hands or feets
    My shoes still fit me, only had to take my ring of in the last month of preg

Thats will all 3 boys

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I, too, have read a study, when a male expects a mother in the second quarter has more appetite. The study says that males need more calories and testosterone leads mom to eat more. Actually with my two males I was so hungry. While my female daughters friends had the same appetite. I do not know if there can be something real, some experience sir?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There may be something to this (unlike most of the studies) but the thing is, it's not in any way reliable. These are the kind of things that drive people nutso because it's really next to impossible to judge your appetite (I mean, I was always hungrier when pregnant, and while I look back in retrospect and think "hmm maybe I was a little less hungry with my girl" is that a real memory or did it just seem like that?) and I have found that every single one of the symptoms tends to make people upset - either because people feel false despair, worrying over symptoms that they think are telling them their baby is a certain gender, or else false elation where they think they have a guarantee and then are devastated when the ultrasound tells a different tale. Since I personally experienced a lot of sadness with my 3rd pregnancy, when every symptom said "girl" but it was a boy, I really hate you guys reading anything into symptoms at all.

8. Likes Parying4agirl liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Haha, I actually had no idea that swelling was an OWT thing. I never heard it until I started going through this forum!

I didn't have any swelling except maybe my face with DD -- I wore my rings all through and after pregnancy, and used to joke my feet actually went down a size (which they did lol). But I only comment because I thought it was just a "genetics" thing and planned to get a tattoo on my ankle after surviving pregnancy with them slim. Is this the thought of a naive young fool lol? Obviously I hope desperately I get my boy, but I didn't even think that swelling could be a pregnancy by pregnancy thing -- oops!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My primary suspicion is that it has to do with the amount you're sedentary vs. on your feet plus just how "high blood pressury" you tend to get (for me that's a lot LOL), your age, the elasticity of your tissues, overall level of fitness, weight, etc. My mom was on her feet constantly, no wonder she had swollen ankles, you know?? I was on my feet with my first then not as much with my second/third (was super fit with my 3rd pregnancy too) and then my 4th and 5th I was getting old. I just think there are so many variables that have nothing to do with our baby's gender that could cause us to have varying levels of swollenness that we can't read anything reliable into it.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah that would explain it! I go practically hypotensive during pregnancy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123