Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question About High HCG Levels?

Okay, so I wasn't going to obsess. Really. But I've never had HCG levels anywhere near this high and the information I'm finding in my research is not really answering my questions. I have seen info that says that levels aren't a great indicator of how many embryos are present, but then I've also seen places like Betabase that show ranges that look a whole lot like mine, and they were for multliples.

At 16dpo, my beta was 1092
    At 18dpo, it was 2209

We only saw one sac (measuring 4 weeks) on the ultrasound, but the tech said that it's too early to tell. From what I've read, at 4 weeks 3 days only one sac may be visible, even for fraternal twins. I go back next Friday afternoon to check again.

So for the twin moms out there, did you have high betas early on?

And for the singleton moms, has anyone else had numbers this high this early?

The waiting is going to drive me nuts. But at least we know I was right about my dates!

Mom to a blended family of 5 kids (3 boys, 2 girls), with one more due in late May 2013. We swayed for a girl, but have a sweet baby boy on the way.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think your beta is just solid and does not indicate multiples. I think you would have seen a much larger jump with twins.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, nbp!

Mom to a blended family of 5 kids (3 boys, 2 girls), with one more due in late May 2013. We swayed for a girl, but have a sweet baby boy on the way.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My doctor also said that the doubling number is more indicative of twins then the actual numbers. So if your numbers were doubling every 20 hours instead of 48, that would be more of a sign of twins than having numbers in the 1000s at 16DPO.

My last pregnancy was twins, we lost one at 7 weeks. But my numbers were a little high, but not terribly so. I think they were 293 at 14DPO and 2400 at 17DPO...they were doubling about every day. We saw both babies at 6 weeks in one sac and got a strong heartbeat on our survivor and a weaker one on our loss.

But I have seen stranger things happen. I hope it's good news for you regardless
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Shell just bumping your thread, have you had another scan yet???? any news?
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! Yes, just had it about 10 minutes ago. We just saw one, and a heartbeat!