Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any Home birthers here ?

I had a homebirth with ds3 and all being well this time intend to do so again using my birth pool. Just wondered if there were any fellow home birthers out there ?
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had both of my boys at home in the pool and the next one (and the one after that, and the one after that!) will be a home birth, as well!
    2007 2011 2014
    2009 2010 2013 (GD sway)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a home water birth with ds2 it was such an amazing experience fx everything goes well with this baby and I get another dream homebirth
    Congrats on your pregnancy wishing u a happy and healthy pink 9mths xx
    ds1 2008
    ds2 2010
    apparently expecting a little princess (not sure if I believe it yet lol) in march 2013!

26wk potty shot http://genderdreaming.com/forum/conf...tml#post303069

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS1 was a failed homebirth with me being naive, a midwife who was bossy and couldn't be bothered to wait, and doctors who couldn't be bothered to wait either.

Second time I stood my ground at 42 weeks and refused induction and demanded a homebirth. Midwife refused to come out to which I pointed out I knew my rights and it would be medical negligence if she didn't come out. I want to point out that I was not putting my baby at risk and agreed to daily monitoring, and I knew I'd ovulated 6 days after they were saying I did (I have long babies!) so said I'd go another 6 days before I'd consider induction.

I went for my first monitoring and a sweep at exactly 42 weeks and the nurse went to town. DS2 was born 4 hours later at home. Up until 40 mins before he was born I was in denial but hubby phones midwife to come as he could see things were close - she arrived 20 mins later and I was just starting to push.

I'd love another homebirth but for some reason something is telling me the next should be in hospital! Strange, but if I still feel that way when the time comes ill listen to my gut.
    since 2005 2008 2010.

When our dream became a nightmare
    http://www.20-week-countdown.blogspot.com

Failed sway due April 2014

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there. I'm a fellow homebirthing mama. My first child was born in the hospital and it was very typical; stadol, epidural, coached pushing on my back, etc, etc. Thankfully, my daughter was born healthy.

My second child was born in the hospital after laboring at home with my doula until 8 centimeters. I basically went to the hospital and pushed him out for insurance purposes (no medications, no interventions).

My third and fourth children were born in the comfort of my bedroom, with a midwife in attendance, in three hours or less from first contraction to last. I am a very fast laborer.

I am now pregnant with my 5th child and plan to have another homebirth. Unless forced for one reason or another, I won't go back to the hospital for any future births.
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really envy you ladies. Unfortunately, I've never had any choice with my two, other than c-sections. DS1 was an ECS at 30 weeks due to severe pre-term pre-eclampsia and it was way too dangerous to even consider inducing me as my BP was sky-high. I did try for a VBAC with my second but 36 hours after my waters had gone, I was only 2 cms and not progressing so I had another ECS. I know that I can refuse to have a C-section for no 3 but the risk of a rupture and the fact that I have an untested pelvis, makes me think I ought to play it safe. I'm scared to death of having a rupture next and if it's a boy (and we were both lucky enough to survive) it'd mean no more children at all. So for that reason I'll be opting for a c-section and more aspirin through the pg up to week 36 to prevent Pre-eclampsia. All I ever dreamt of was having a water birth, but it wasn't meant to be and I'm so thankful to still be here with two healthy children! Needless to say, I was rather waspish on my NHS 'birth plan' form, because I believe we have very little control over what happens in pregnancy and to give women the idea that they can have the birth of their wishes is just giving false hope and leads to big feelings of guilt and failing when your plan has to go out the window for the health of you and your baby. I couldn't even cry when I was blue-lighted into hospital as it made my blood-pressure even higher. The nurses couldn't believe that I didn't have double-vision and headaches with it. Sorry to hijack your thread Mum23boys, but it is an issue for me and I SOOOOO wish I could've done it all the proper way. I just get upset by the whole hypno-birthing movement and it really doesn't help that a very close friend of mine is a practioner of it!!
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry that you haven't had the births you've desired. I understand the need to "play it safe" when high risk is involved; you cannot and should not be blamed for that. I hope that someday you can attain healing from not being able to experience your dream birth. I know that for many, many women it is a process to get there.

Have you ever considered attending an ICAN meeting? There are plenty of women out there who can relate and it's a great organization to be a part of.
    Certified Labor Doula and Part-time Photographer
    Delighted Wife and Mama to (10) (8) (5) (3)

My identical twin girls were born at home on 6/13/13!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ican is amazing!!! And if you're in Australia look up birthrites!

I envy all you ladies!
    I live basically in the sticks. About an hour from the hospital. Whilst I like the hospital, I would love a home birth. In my own comfort zone, letting nature take its course. No constant monitoring, no scare tactics, just me, my man, my baby, midwife and maybe a doula. Ahhhh it's a dream!!!!

Can't wait to hear about your upcoming home birth experiences!
    2008 2010 2013

An inspirational quote I just

'You can only toss heads for so long before a tail is bound to come up!! ' - atomic sagebrush

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Everyone! I'm also a homebirthing mom I had DS1 in hospital and felt that labour and delivery happened TO me and not WITH me. It was cold, sterile and intimidating. There were strangers traipsing in and out of my room, poking and handling my most private parts. When I got pg with DS2, I knew I wanted a different experience! I did my research and had a wonderful home birth with very supportive midwives. If everything looks ok, I'll be planning another home birth for June/13. Good luck to all!
    2008, 2011, swayed for a and happily welcomed a ! Margot was born on June 28/2013! She's perfect and our family is complete!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not having a home birth unfortunately. But having a water birth in a hospital, attended by a CNM. I'm really looking forward to it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast