Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Carrying on an LE style diet in pregnancy ? Good idea or not ?

Well i USED to be a proper grazer all day everyday - junk - choc, crisps, salted peanuts etc snacking non stop, I was on the LE diet 12 weeks ad yes it was hard and i lost weight but above all i felt better and less bloated and since gettig my BFP i have fallen back into my old habits andfeel sluggish and yuk - I want to carry on a healthy style LE diet approach with lots of veg etc but obviously i need to cut our artifically sweetners like the splenda in my tea and my favourite muller light yoghurts so basically i assume that i just need to drop any "diet" products from my diet but can carry on with the LE diet in other ways so long as im getting enough calories and not loosing weight ?

I will go back to eating meat but only 1-2 times a week ( for example a ham sandwich in the week then some chicken on a sunday )

Is there any reason i shouldnt do this ? Should i change white bread for wholemeal etc to get more nutrients ?

I dont know what to do for the best - i want to feel good and not full of junk and feel bloated and sluggish but i dont want to deprive my body of the nutrients it needs to grow this baby
    Mummy to 3 gorgeous Boys and FINALLY our baby Girl
    Owen 2004
    Ellis 2006
    Liam 2009
    D Amy 2013

M/C Oct 2012 after 4 months trying

BFP again !! - Nov 2012 - Confirmed Twins at 6+5 then my dreams were crushed at 8+ weeks when one of our twins sadly died.

THANK YOU TO GENDER DREAMING FOR HELPING MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like your idea. I too would like to keep a balanced diet during pregnancy especially the first few weeks. I have a wedding in mid November, and I have just bought a fitted wonderful dress for the occassion and I need to fit in it without having a big tummy. I am thin but my tummy is always a little bloated cause I suffer from constipation regularly. So while I want to eat healthy for the baby, I also want to stay slim until then.

So I was planning on continuing eating vegetables more than I used to before starting the LE diet, (I practically had none) but will also add chicken and some meat. I will try though to keep low on fats like oils and butter. Avoiding aspartame and diet yoghurts or soft drinks is best cause the baby will be absorbing it, I already started as from today to substitute the aspartame in my coffee with half a teaspoon of sugar.

I will also try to limit the amounts of carbs, this will not be easy as I adore anything which is carbs, being pasta, pizza, bread, cookies, cakes, you mention it! Hope I will not be very hungry during my first trimester like I was with DS, I would eat so much and I gained more weight during the first weeks than I should have. We could include more fruits too and perhaps healthy cereals or oatmeal for breakfast. Still keep eating salads but perhaps add some grilled chicken to eat to increase nutrients. On the whole all this would be quite healthy for our babies I think.
    swayed for but blessed with

Our little bundle of joy has arrived Born on 31st May 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You would probably need iron supplements if you are not eating much meat. Maybe have a look at the HE boy diet to get an idea of a heathy nutrient rich diet that would be great for pregnancy. You dont have to put on weight on that diet if you are sencible about it like choosing brown rice over white and sweet potato instead of white, multigraun bread etc.