Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VBAC - Ladies

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

VBAC - Ladies

Ladies who had a VBAC,

Can you pls. share your experience. Like how did it happen naturally, did you water break? were you induced? Did you do any thing (like exercise or....) to increase ur chances for a normal delivery.

With my first i had a emergency c - section 6yrs ago, This time my Dr & I both want to try for a natural delivery. Not sure what are my chances.

ANy tips would be really helpful

Thanks
    Me:32
    Dh:37

DD - 8 yrs DD - 2 yrs

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there =)
    I had a vbac. My first baby was ECS.
    I fell pregnant when my first son was 12 months.
    I went to pregnancy massages. Accupuncture, which was so close to working, I had 5 stretch and sweeps.
    Still nothing. I was very serious about having a vbac. I researched till the sun came up.
    By 9 days over I lost confidence to argue with the drs.
    However there was no way they were going to cut me again.
    I had the foley catheter. So much better than the usual way to induce!!! Loved it!!! My labour went a lot faster. Until I was siting on 9.5cm due to my son who started turning and coming out the opposite way. Again there was no way I was going to have a RCS. I pushed =)

Next baby I am wanting the same however I will be doing more exercise. I found just walking every other night from third trimester didn't work.
    Accupuncture again.
    And I'll be going to the chiropractor.

Best of luck.
    You can do it!!!!
    2008 2010 2013

An inspirational quote I just

'You can only toss heads for so long before a tail is bound to come up!! ' - atomic sagebrush

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh at 40 weeks they looked at my uterus lining. How he was head down. If I was dilated and have me a 80% chance.

I do not believe in this at all!!! You have a good chance sweets!!! A very good chance. Do not listen to anyone who's trying to use scare tactics on you.
    2008 2010 2013

An inspirational quote I just

'You can only toss heads for so long before a tail is bound to come up!! ' - atomic sagebrush

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Both of mine have been VBACs, no pain relief. I took raspberry leaf tablets from about 36 weeks pregnant with both, with ds1 my waters didn't break until labour was well established, and with ds2 they broke about 7 hours before he was born.

I had acupuncture during labour and I used hypnobirthing techniques I learnt from a CD which really helped. I was very lucky in that both labours were short and with ds1 I only had to have 2 stitches and with ds2 I didn't need any at all and felt really well after the birth.

Best of luck xxx
    DS1 - 4.5yrs DS2 - 3yrs

Swayed for a but expecting a beautiful

My gorgeous son has arrived!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All three of my babies were VBAC, I exercised through my pregnancies, regular chiropractor treatment, and took raspberry leaf tablets in the last trimester. My first labour with DS1 I was 9cm dilated when I got to the hospital so very quick, my OB would not let me go natural with the other 2 pregnancies so I was induced. Very quick labours also, 1 and a half hours for DS2 and 45 minutes for DD1. No drugs, gas etc and no tearing with all three. Good luck I am sure you will be fine and will get your VBAC
    2007, 2009, 2012

Cycle 1 SART Bangkok - 43 eggs retrieved, 19 fertilized, 18 PGD, 4 normals 3XX and 1XY
    SET 25/06/11
    9dp5dt BFP : , 11dp5dt 278, 20dp5dt 13665, 24dp5dt 27787
    03/08/11 One Heartbeat 164 bpm
    My DD Harper Shae was born on the 27th Feb 2012 weighing 6lb 1oz

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lucky3, I am preparing for a VBAC in late May/June after my first DS was born via emergency c-section two years ago. I am taking a VBAC-preparedness course in my area, and am visiting a chiropractor weekly from now until delivery, as well as having several sessions of craniosacral therapy to help "open" my pelvis a bit.
    I am a runner, and plan to continue running as long as my body allows, as I did with DS1. Unfortunately, I have read that it is possible for heavy exercisers to develop tight pelvic floor muscles, which can sometimes slow down decent of the baby into the birth canal during labor. That's why I've been doing several different stretching techniques that I've learned on a fabulous website, called Spinning Babies. This is a great resource for any pregnant woman, but particularly those who have struggled in a prior labor and delivery.
    In addition, I plan on adding Primose oil in the last four weeks to "ripen" the cervix, and red raspberry leaf tea to tone the uterus. Who knows if they work, but it sure can't hurt! Oh, and starting HypnoBabies at 27 weeks. Whew!
    I'll be rooting for you over the next few weeks as your birthing time approaches. You will do great; prepare as much as you can, be positive, and know that you are entirely capable of birthing your baby! Keep us posted on your journey!
    Love of my life: DS born 10/2010

and due late May 2013! It's a sweet !!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try the raspberry leaf tablets in your last trimester Turning the page, I swear by them. Three quick labours and no tearing!
    2007, 2009, 2012

Cycle 1 SART Bangkok - 43 eggs retrieved, 19 fertilized, 18 PGD, 4 normals 3XX and 1XY
    SET 25/06/11
    9dp5dt BFP : , 11dp5dt 278, 20dp5dt 13665, 24dp5dt 27787
    03/08/11 One Heartbeat 164 bpm
    My DD Harper Shae was born on the 27th Feb 2012 weighing 6lb 1oz

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a VBAC. It was a quick labor, 5 hours start to finish. I did have the internal heart monitors for baby and an epidural line just in case I needed an emergency c section again.

What were the reasons for your c-section before? Was it an induced labor or was it natural and you just didn't progress? Inductions are the cause of many c-sections especially in first time mothers.

VBACS are safer than repeat c-sections, don't let anyone tell you any different and don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it. The chance of a rupture is sooo low. They monitor you like crazy and in case of rupture you have a good 20 minutes to save the baby so it's not a death sentence for anyone involved.

The best way to VBAC is with zero induction meds, some docs say they are necessary for VBAC, that is bull...don't listen. Your body knows best and will do the work for you. The longer you wait to go in the better.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you So much for the wonderful tips ladies, i will surely try raspberry tea leaves & tablets.

With my first pregnancy, Dr induced me & form %mm i went to 8 mm & then the Dr told the baby heart rate was going low & we have to agree for a Emergency c- section. that was 6 yrs ago. This time i definately want to try for natural birth & will geep you all posted.

Once again thank you all for your post & best wishes.
    Last edited by lucky3; October 28th, 2012 at 10:39 PM.

DD - 8 yrs DD - 2 yrs

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh i will start looking for accupuncture also

DD - 8 yrs DD - 2 yrs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast