Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vaccinations?????

My midwife has asked me if i want the whopping cough (there was outbreak of in England in maternity wards earlier this year) and the flu vaccine. I know i caught either of these they'd do the baby a lot of damage but how safe really are the vaccines in pregnancy?

Is anyone having these or decided not to - would really appreciate any opinions / advice
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tough desicion! Umm what is the status of the outbreak right now? I would not get the flu def not! Um if whooping cough is a high risk then I prob would cause it is very dangerous for babies
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for that, why not the flu vaccine?

I have no idea what to do, i know the flu, if i were to catch it would be really dangerous for baby and me but i no nothing of the risks with the vaccine
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The flu vaccine is totally safe as long as you get the preservative-free type. The preservative they use in the flu vaccine is mercury. It is not known for sure whether it would do any harm to the baby, but you definitely want to get the mercury-free type just to be safe. I had the vaccine when I was about 8 weeks pregnant, and the baby is perfectly healthy. It is better to get the vaccine than to get the flu during pregnancy. They have linked the flu to low amniotic fluid during pregnancy.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im kind of sceptical....idk im deff not getting the flu one.i dont think i will get the whooping cough either...i have 5 children that i didn't have it with.....the jury is a little bit out on whooping cough but im swaying more toward not getting it
    due 25th june
    in shock both blue sways worked!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't like vaccinations allthogether! I havnt given my 2 year old one vaccine ever yet... I will and the only reason I said for you to prob get the pertessis vaccine is cause there was a big outbreak where you are and whooping cough is deadly sometimes... Vaccines are full of terrible things all kinds of poisons... Fomeldhyde for instance whole wadi of stuff tho.. It's your decision tho and ultimately u have to do what ur comfortable with
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well guess what ladies who are against vaccines, are you aware that having an infection especially one with a fever can raise the risk of developmental issues 40%. That is known. What is unknown is the risk of vaccine if any. The teeny tiny bit of mercury that may be present is really no more than what is in some fish.

Choose your poison I always say.
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to mention if you get it while pregnant it isn't going straight to the baby, it goes to you. I am Much much much more weary about giving babies vaccines after they are born. I do a very delayed schedule and don't have them get some of them at all. I also refuse to vaccinate at birth. So I am not pro-vaccine in anyway but I don't think the risk while pregnant is any worse than the illness itself. I think it may be even less than the illness since they do know illnesses can affect the baby, also drugs you take to feel better...affect the baby. A round of antibiotics is going to do more harm to the baby than a single vaccine...
    DS 1 2008
    DS 2 2010
    DS 3 2013

May 2014 at 5 weeks

August 2014 at 12 weeks

DD1 our beautiful rainbow baby joined us october 2015. No sway...just miracles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was going to post about the whooping cough vaccine coming out for pregnant women in Jan 1, 2013

I totally WILL NOT be getting it.

But just my take on things:
    My oldest is fully vaccinated and is VERY behind his brother that is half his age and only half vaccinated. Coincidence? I don't know.
    My oldest I swear has a lower form of autism.
    Apparently with DS#2 we stopped right before the MMR vaccine, but I'm glad we did. There has to be something to the epidemic... and our kids take like double or triple the amount of vaccines that we had as kids. I just don't trust anymore..I go with my gut and my heart.
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm with you Butterfly. I immunise homeopathically, and I can take those myself, whenever there's any outbreaks and it's 100% safe. Do some research, see if there's alternatives.

They may have debunked the autism-vax link (ha!) but they do list all the "potential" side effects of the vax on the packaging (which patients NEVER see), and it's pretty freaking scary......

Good luck Mrs_P, hope you stay well xx
    Eli Reeve - 19/April/09
    Sullivan Cole - 20/September/11

Expecting in August 2013 ... Please be a pinky!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast