Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bringing on labour - suggestions please!

I'm now 9 days overdue and I've probably tried everything to kick start my labour already.... BUT any suggestions welcome!!
    and my HT born May11

Feb10: IVF/PGD/SET in Europe: Chemical pregnancy. May10: FET/SET:BFN. Aug10 US cycle at HRC with Dr P SET: BFP!!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know anything safe to do. Do you not want to do an induction? With DS, I think he was too big to get all the way engaged. Had a simple water breaking induction(no meds) and he was 9 pounds! I was happy I did not wait longer due to his size. We had no clue he would be that large. My last baby was 6 pounds! I hope it happens for you!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried a lot for my boys who were both late... one of my cousins tried Caster oil it can be very painful and increases the risk of merconeum (not sure of the spelling.

What I ended up doing with DS2 was I got really busy for about 4 hrs... cleaning, cooking, and even did 6 jumping jacks several times a day. Went to bed and within 1hr labor began.

I think if you over did your normal routine for 3-4hrs right before bed then it may start something.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Semen is great especially taken orally (if you can handle it!!!) as it has oxytocin (I think that's it?) in which triggers labour (which is why sex can work) but it is absorbed 10 times better if in the stomach. Tried this with ds1 evening before due date and he arrived on due date!

Good luck!!!
    2007 2010 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by indigoviolet View Post
    Semen is great especially taken orally (if you can handle it!!!) as it has oxytocin (I think that's it?) in which triggers labour (which is why sex can work) but it is absorbed 10 times better if in the stomach. Tried this with ds1 evening before due date and he arrived on due date!

Good luck!!!
    Ha!! Now we have tried sex 3 days in a row, but wait until I tell my DH this suggestion!!
    and my HT born May11

Feb10: IVF/PGD/SET in Europe: Chemical pregnancy. May10: FET/SET:BFN. Aug10 US cycle at HRC with Dr P SET: BFP!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I don't know anything safe to do. Do you not want to do an induction? With DS, I think he was too big to get all the way engaged. Had a simple water breaking induction(no meds) and he was 9 pounds! I was happy I did not wait longer due to his size. We had no clue he would be that large. My last baby was 6 pounds! I hope it happens for you!
    I'm expecting a big baby. My last one was nearly 9lbs and I'm bigger with this one. But I had a really easy natural water birth and I was wanting the same again...but if I'm induced the water birth is out of the equation.... But I'm getting close to being induced now anyway!
    and my HT born May11

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the semen thing is a myth - you'd need to swallow LOADS to have any effect! (same for pineapple)

we tried everything - DTD, hottest curry the Indian takeaway sold, long walks, etc. I don't know if it was DTD that did it but I had a bleed from that and went to hospital to be told I was 5cm, but as I was progressing just 1cm every 24hrs I think it probably wasn't DTD that started it!

apparently nipple massage works - place your hand flat over your nipple and squeeze gently in your palm/move around to simulate breastfeeding. you need to do it for an hour in total (switching breasts every 15mins) twice a day. most women will go into labour within 72hrs (and I did)

or you could try acupressure.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnEcLSHTI0s

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've tried the nipple stimulation (short of using an actual breast pump) and it brings on strong braxton hicks but nothing else... I've also had 2 acupunture induction treatments but haven't properly tried the acupressure at home. I'll watch that clip - thanks!
    and my HT born May11

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rainbowflower - that's a great YouTube clip! I'm going to try all those points tonight! Thanks
    and my HT born May11

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good luck! hope things get started for you really soon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast