Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone interested in a thread about VBAC or HBAC?

I am having a HBAC in September and would love a buddy or two to talk to about plans, concerns, etc. HBAC/VBAC ladies are you out there?
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

We swayed for a in January. It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am interested! I had my first two babes vaginal birth and then with number 3 my dr said i should have him csec because he was too big i stupidly went with it thinking it was best for him but after that i was forced to have my other kids by csec because it is impossible to find vbac friendly docs in my area. I am planning to ttc sometime in the next year to 18 months and if i cant find a dr willing to let me vbac i will be having a hbac.
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been to 2 VBAC's as a doula and I just wanted to say how awesome I think your thread is!!! And the fact that you say "I'm having an HBAC" instead of "trying for one". I've had 2 homebirths now(one a UC) and they were incredible~ I'm sending beautiful and easy birthing vibes to you, Mama Good Luck!!
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am a member of ICAN (international cesarean awareness network) and there is so much support there on hbac and even ubac.We have even had some moms have hb after 5 or 6 cesareans!! It has been proven that vbacs are safe even after multiple cesareans now if we can get doctors to stop thinking they can tell women how to birth the birthing world will be a better place.Women are made to give birth its what we are designed for
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a home wbac with DD4 because DD3 was a c/s and the docs said I must have another c/s .Of course I said no and left them went to a birthing center and had the baby at home. ( can't have wbac at the center after a c/s )
    Anyway if I get pregnant again I don't even bother to try with a doc Im going strait to the birth center to see a midwife!
    +1

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in (even though not pg)....I had a beautiful vbac with #2 and used a doula to help with labor. I took it upon myself to learn about pregnancy, birth, fetal positions, you name it....then I hired a fabulous doula and decided I was going to tackle it head on and not be scared by any crap the doctors were telling me. I switched to midwives mid-pregnancy who were very supportive. I HIGHLY recommend going for it....such a better birth experience and I felt so proud of myself for taking control of my body and my baby's birth.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have only had one baby, I had a all natural unmedicated child birth. I researched the hell out of NC and knew my rights. funny enough in my 30 hour labor my doctor tried to force me into a CS, I immediately told her to STFU. She backed off right away. I fully support VBAC's and love that woman want to go though with it. I think that too many women get put in the position of CS and its too bad. Doctors are lazy and push women to do it, claiming babies and too big and bodies cant handle it, which 9 out of ten times its crap. However, I feel that CS are a great medical intervention when needed and I am thankful that it can save many babies and mothers. But I think its highly taken advantaged of. SO rock on with your VBAC's!!! I only hope my next birth, I have safe unmedicated natural birth as I did with our daughter.
    Loving on my amazing Husband since 2007 Birthed my March 9th 2009 and birthed the most handsome little guy on May 22, 2012 My world is complete!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WOW!!! I am so happy with all the replies!!!!!! It is nice to know you are not alone. I have a great midwife who had 3 VBACs herself and she is so gung ho about mine. I am also going to have a great doula present! I am fully confident I can do it, I had my first 2 in a birth center with midwives so I know my body can do it. With my third, I labored and pushed for 2+ hours at the birth center but finally had to go in for a C-Section because she was OP and Acynclitic I am doing hypnobabies this time and I am reading up on Optimal Fetal Positioning to avoid any issues that I had before. I also am doing some prenatal yoga for the hip opening exercises. Any other advice from you ladies would be great
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaMama View Post
    I've been to 2 VBAC's as a doula and I just wanted to say how awesome I think your thread is!!! And the fact that you say "I'm having an HBAC" instead of "trying for one". I've had 2 homebirths now(one a UC) and they were incredible~ I'm sending beautiful and easy birthing vibes to you, Mama Good Luck!!
    Thank you!
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by queen-of-harts View Post
    I am interested! I had my first two babes vaginal birth and then with number 3 my dr said i should have him csec because he was too big i stupidly went with it thinking it was best for him but after that i was forced to have my other kids by csec because it is impossible to find vbac friendly docs in my area. I am planning to ttc sometime in the next year to 18 months and if i cant find a dr willing to let me vbac i will be having a hbac.
    You should go for it!!! It is almost impossible to find VBAC friendly docs, which is too bad
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast