Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Weight Gain in Pregnancy

I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes at 8 weeks so since then, I have been eating a very strict diet to avoid going on meds. DH is starting to worry b/c I have lost pretty much all the weight I gained from BFP to 9 weeks. At almost 14 weeks, I haven't gained any weight yet. Is this OK or do I need to point it out to my drs that I am eating so strict that I'm not gaining weight? They will prob notice that anyways, but I am worrying about it like DH!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It depends on how much you weigh before. If you are over weight many women will lose weight because it's such a healthy diet. I don't think you'll need to worry. I'm sure baby is growing perfectly. As long as you are eating when your body tells you you are hungry. My friend just had her baby a month ago and list weight while pregnant because of being on the gestational diabetics diet. Both she and baby are doing fantastic
    04-08-2010 10-24-2011 due 12/07/2014 (my birthday!) with my beautiful my prayers have been answered!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you are eating healthy and have just cut out bad carbs and sugar, I am sure you are fine.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 5'8 and weigh 140 so taller and at a good weight. No bread, no sweets, little milk and it SUCKS!

My typical day =
    Breakfast - english muffin w/ almonds or oatmeal
    Snack - cheese and crackers or peanut butter and crackers
    Lunch - cheese and mushroom quesadilla, salad, almonds, cucumbers, strawberries
    Snack - cheese and crackers or peanut butter and crackers, or south beach bar, or cheese stick, or greek yogurt
    Dinner - meat, small amount of rice, salad, vegetables, small amount of beans
    Snack - vanilla wafers w/ pb

So...healthy foods but no bread at all really. Bread is bad for me and makes my #s high! I am not a big meat eater so I have a very hard time getting in alot of protein but I try my best!! Portion size has gone down too. If I eat chips or anything like that, I can only have a few.
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been eating way lower carb than that and I too have lost about a lb. a week. My DH wasn't worried at all (I am always envious of the DH who worry about their wives). This happened to me in my last PG also and the Dr. wasn't worried at all. It isn't until about 16 weeks that they want to see you start to gain a little weight. Several friends of mine only gained 15-20 lbs with their PG and have had very healthy kids.

I would say unless you were underweight to begin with then you are fine. You are eating well and you are eating carbs (which is way more than I am eating). The only carb I am eating is a bite or two of fruit a day. Yesterday I had a couple spoons of beans. As I am sure you know, is really important to keep the GD under control.
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no advice as I never have his problem lol!
    As soon as I cut back the exercise, it just packs on!!

How bout adding good fats like avocado? Is that allowed?
    I guess to get more protein you could do Greek yogurt, beans, lentils.
    I'm a veggie and I find high protein helps with the nausea so I've been have a lot of natural peanut butter and cottage cheese.

I assume because you are losing, you can potentially add to your diet to at least keeping your weight stable. Maybe you are a bit too strict? Is there a calorie total or something you need to stay under?

Had my first and only little girl Emmerson oct 19,2014 right on her due date!
    Hoping I stop calling her 'little dude, bud' and him real soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can def add more stuff but it needs to be protein. I find if I eat something with like 40 grams of protein, I can have 40 grams of carbs too and still get good #s. But, I am struggling with protein and that is really hard for me to do! eggs, chicken, meat is so gross!!! What are other options?? I do order some organic protein powder, but have no clue what else to do!!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is mixed data on this and I can't totally say either way. I would be a bit concerned about that and I do think you ought to give the doctor a call just to get their input.

I do think you need to make some efforts to get some healthy fats in there. It's not critical now but moving on your baby's brain is going to start to develop and you'll need more than you're getting now. It will also be good for calories as well.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBeachyGrl View Post
    I can def add more stuff but it needs to be protein. I find if I eat something with like 40 grams of protein, I can have 40 grams of carbs too and still get good #s. But, I am struggling with protein and that is really hard for me to do! eggs, chicken, meat is so gross!!! What are other options?? I do order some organic protein powder, but have no clue what else to do!!
    Is there any form of those things that you can stand? I really had a major meat/protein aversion with my last pg and ended up with a pretty severe case of anemia, but I found I could do deviled eggs (as long as I didn't cook them), chicken salad, and McDonald's Big Macs.

My chicken salad was chopped chicken breast, celery, onion, mayonnaise, and then a little bit of chili sauce. When I had avocado I'd toss some in there. That was the only way I could stand chicken and this is pretty low carb too.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can deal with meat as long as someone else makes it I could do the chicken salad and I was thinking some black bean, chicken, salsa, cheese wraps too!

THANK YOU!!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast