Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to write a Birth Plan for a Home Birth?

Anyone what to share theirs so I can have a template to go by?
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

We swayed for a in January. It's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't remember exactly what I wrote, but I did say that I wanted to be mobile throughout, what pain relief I wanted (I used TENS and entonox for pushing), I did not want to be in water, so that was stated. I said where I wanted to give birth (in our bedroom) and in what position (all fours or squat). I said I wanted the injection to deliver placenta and skin to skin asap with baby.
    Is this your 1st home birth?? Mine were amazing. I had DS2 and DS3 at home and plan on having this one at home too. They were very different experiences, but both very relaxed and natural and the midwives were excellent.
    Good Luck
    7, 5, 2, 02/12/11

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did not write anything. Im home so I do whatever I want right? So I didn't even thought I suppose to write a plan?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nicnee1976 View Post
    I can't remember exactly what I wrote, but I did say that I wanted to be mobile throughout, what pain relief I wanted (I used TENS and entonox for pushing), I did not want to be in water, so that was stated. I said where I wanted to give birth (in our bedroom) and in what position (all fours or squat). I said I wanted the injection to deliver placenta and skin to skin asap with baby.
    Is this your 1st home birth?? Mine were amazing. I had DS2 and DS3 at home and plan on having this one at home too. They were very different experiences, but both very relaxed and natural and the midwives were excellent.
    Good Luck
    thanks for your response! it is my 1st time home birth, I am so excited THREE HBs for you, that is so awesome!!!
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    I did not write anything. Im home so I do whatever I want right? So I didn't even thought I suppose to write a plan?
    I know right? my midwife asked me to write one but I am not sure why since I told her I don't want her in the room at all until after the baby comes out...but if she wants one I will sure make one for her!
    We have 9, 7, and 4.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With my first I just found a template somewhere online and customized it for a homebirth. I didn't bother with one for the next four though!
    Wife to a sweetie DH & Mama to:
    C, 13yo ; A, 11yo ; B, 9yo ; G, 6yo - successful blue sway; H, 3yo - sweet surprise!; C, 2yo - successful blue sway!, S - newbie!

Thank you GD!!