Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    U can get sero typing done to see if u have just HSV 1 or both HSV 1 and HSV 2 antibodies. In case u dont have HSV 2 then u need to take all preventive measures to avoid getting a primary HSV2 infection during pregnancy. Like i said a primary infection is much more dangerous that old/recurrent infection

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2. Likes TaytumJ liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you sure you have herpes? Are the sores inside or outside your mouth? True cold sores, inside the mouth, are not herpes. They're due to a weakened immune system.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They're usually in the same part on my upper lip. It's gotten to the point now where I only get them though if my lips get sunburned or I get sick with a fever. I got them way more frequently in the past; now I can go years between a breakout. Not sure why? But, I'm assuming mine are genetic - my mom has never had one and neither has my brother, just my dad and me.

Team green baby due May 21!
    DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's any help I get regular cold sores now on my lips (caught the virus from DH as never had them before we met!) mainly when I'm run down or lips get sunburnt or seriously dry. I actaully ended up kissing my dd on the head (without even thinking about it) when I had a small one, not long after she was born - around 5-6 weeks, and it turned into a small cold sore on her head. I took her to the Dr because I wasn't sure what it was at first and he said cold sore and simply gave me some cream, told me not to worry and and it cleared up. She was absolutely fine and hasn't had any since and is now 2. The two viruses are very different so try not to worry. x

6. Likes TaytumJ liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TaytumJ View Post
    They're usually in the same part on my upper lip. It's gotten to the point now where I only get them though if my lips get sunburned or I get sick with a fever. I got them way more frequently in the past; now I can go years between a breakout. Not sure why? But, I'm assuming mine are genetic - my mom has never had one and neither has my brother, just my dad and me.

They r not genetic but acquired through touch of an active lesion either dirty hands or kissing.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Are you sure you have herpes? Are the sores inside or outside your mouth? True cold sores, inside the mouth, are not herpes. They're due to a weakened immune system.
    Like maiden said. Herpes sores are on the outer side mostly on upper lip and occur only at one place recurrently based on the nerve distribution.
    The painful ulcers inside the mouth are called apthous ulcers.
    Both kinds develop due to weak immune system or stress.

The HSV 1 that causes cold sores or herpes labalis can cause genital lesions as well. So no oral sex with a person with active cold sores 😉

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It does sound like you have true oral herpes. It is not genetic. You probably got it from your dad kissing you. My brother got it from my mom kissing him. Neither my dad nor I have ever had it, so I do think there may be a genetic immune system predisposition to it.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

12. Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies! I guess I always assumed it was hereditary. Drat. It's one of those things you don't think of since it seems common? I mentioned it to my doctor at our very first appointment at 7 weeks and she was just like, "Oh it's common no worries." So...I guess I'll just stop worrying about it!

DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Herpies 1- mouth. Herpies 2- genital
    But you can get both either place just not as likely.

You can get a blood test if you wanted to know which you had.
    I. Have read the if you get first outbreak while prego that is the worse. And having actual outbreak( sores) when babe is birthed.
    If you have oral herpes do not kiss babe or share utensils later in life. Another good reason not to let others kiss babe since 1 and 3 people have it.
    There have been babies that have died from gettibg circumsized the Jewish way where rabbi sucks blood from penis whether you have a sore or not can still be passed. There is really a lot the don't know.
    Its A Girl!!

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Or you have it and never had an outbreak I would love for my dh to get tested to see if I really never passed it to him or his immune system is so strong it suppresses it.
    Its A Girl!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast