Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TaytumJ View Post
    Thanks bluebooties! That was kind of what I gathered - I had one cold sore outbreak back at like 5/6 weeks, but since then nothing. I have an appt Monday so I'll ask my doctor about it then just to ease my mind.

And I'm just going to ask co-worker what happened tomorrow. He'll probably tell me it was an unfortunate thing and nothing to worry about!

Team green baby due May 21!
    If you have cold sores you will pass on antibodies to your baby at birth that last about 6 months. By the time they wear off the baby will be old enough to handle the herpz on their own. I never knew about this until after my 3rd was born and I did plenty o kissing on newborns when I had cold sores - it's only people who have NEVER had it before, get it for the first time, and so their baby has no maternal antibodies that this can happen.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes TaytumJ liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They're usually in the same part on my upper lip. It's gotten to the point now where I only get them though if my lips get sunburned or I get sick with a fever. I got them way more frequently in the past; now I can go years between a breakout. Not sure why? But, I'm assuming mine are genetic - my mom has never had one and neither has my brother, just my dad and me.

They're not genetic, they're just a very common virus. Some of us get them a lot, others not as much. It's very likely that your mom and brother DO have the virus but it doesn't act up as much.

4. Likes TaytumJ liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies! I guess I always assumed it was hereditary. Drat. It's one of those things you don't think of since it seems common? I mentioned it to my doctor at our very first appointment at 7 weeks and she was just like, "Oh it's common no worries." So...I guess I'll just stop worrying about it!

Something like 90% of Americans have the virus laying dormant. It's just that some of us are unlucky and get flareups a lot.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; April 9th, 2016 at 12:52 PM.

6. Likes TaytumJ liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic for all of the info! I'm glad I've already had it - even though it sucks haha.

So perhaps she didn't have herpes, but some sort of chromosomal issue? Or maybe she did. I'll have to ask when my co-worker gets back from paternity leave as she's having a c-section Monday morning for this little girl.

Do you use Blistex Deep Renewal even when you're not having a breakout? Or just during them? I'll have to keep that in mind! Thankfully I feel like any more I only get them if sunburned or fever hits me, and the sunburn is easy to fix if I just wear SPF Chapstick all summer. And then if I have a fever I just take my Valtrex through it to help.

Glad baby will have antibodies...I'm sure I'll be really sad if I can't kiss baby for a while. On one forum someone said their doc gave them Valtrex the last few weeks so that they didn't have a breakout and could kiss baby. Would you recommend this route?

DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't use any meds or special creams after having since childhood using blistec or l-lysine it still lasted a week or two if one came on. Now I only get 1 a year usually if not at all and like I said if u feel that very first tingle, tightening of skin and hold ice to it about 10 min. It won't even form. Of course if I had them often might look into meds but think I'd work on my immune system first

Maiden- thanks. A big problem here in the US unfortunately Most moms just have no idea and do whatever family/ docs suggest. Def. Research circumcision since it is a life long decision that affects your not and not the mom or dad. I personally would not give my son any cosmetic surgery that could risk his life with zero benefits.
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I know, I lived most of my life in the US and am a big intactivist. I'm also Jewish, so I have that fun angle too. Part of me would love to have a ton of boys just to increase the number of intact Jews and promote awareness further within the community. You probably know this, but circ on both genders is actually illegal in some European countries. I hope the rest of the world catches on soon. My donor had to have penis surgery at age 18 due to a very tight circ. My first BF also had issues from being circed twice (Jewish dad didn't think first one was thorough enough, ugh). I am also an amputee due to a childhood accident so I identify strongly.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atsaukina- do you just use the plain ice **** on your lip? I'll have to remember that! I don't use anything between BOs besides Burts Bees regular Chapstick. I'll only take meds and extra when I first feel the tingle.

DS1 5/2016
    Baby #2 due May 2018

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't agree w that. I don't kiss anyone w a sore especially a baby.- atomic
    Last edited by Atsaukina1; April 9th, 2016 at 03:02 PM.
    Its A Girl!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use Burt's bees Chapstick too. Yes, I do a couple ice ****s in a wet washcloth. Hold on spot for about 10 min. When it's good and numb.
    Its A Girl!!

13. Likes TaytumJ liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Oh I know, I lived most of my life in the US and am a big intactivist. I'm also Jewish, so I have that fun angle too. Part of me would love to have a ton of boys just to increase the number of intact Jews and promote awareness further within the community. You probably know this, but circ on both genders is actually illegal in some European countries. I hope the rest of the world catches on soon. My donor had to have penis surgery at age 18 due to a very tight circ. My first BF also had issues from being circed twice (Jewish dad didn't think first one was thorough enough, ugh). I am also an amputee due to a childhood accident so I identify strongly.
    Yes, very interesting from the religious view point but many Christian and Jewish religious findings against it if people look. Sad that most people think it absolutely barbaric for our girls but don't bat an eye for our boys JIC anyone on here is going to do a traditional Jewish circum please for the love of God have rabbi herpies tested
    Its A Girl!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast