Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any mommies who had 3 c-sections around?

Hi ladies. I'm wondering if anyone has experienced 3 c-sections and how it was, since I'm most likely going to have a scheduled c-section in August.
    I've talked with my OB about a VBA2C and he's not completely negative about it, but he said everything must be perfect to the T if he decides to take the chance. He says it's very risky since I haven't been through a VB and my body is not familiar with the process, so it could be strenuous for my uterus. Also my clot disorder does not help either ( I have to do injections every day) so it's better to be scheduled in order for me to have time to stop them a couple of days before I have my baby.
    I would love to have a VB, it was always something I was really sorry I didn't expetience.... Also I've convinced my DH for PGD if we try for a fourth and that's another reason I would love VB. 4 c-sections seem impossible for me at the moment...
    Anyway, I would love to read about your experiences if you have had 3 c-sections.
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My first was an emmergency
    My second an elective as he was breech. So my 3rd it was better to go for a c section. I could of had a vbac but had to go to another hospital as higher risk pregnancy. I was very lucky my husband could look after us for 6 weeks.

3. Thanks Mamato3? thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a vba2c just last month! I've never had a VB before that & it was the first time my body had ever been in labor!! I experienced a lot of firsts.. First time water broke, first contraction, first vaginal birth .... Just wanted to let you know that it's possible!!! You just need to find a supportive provider ...
    (8) (4)
    Praying & swaying for a
    due March 9th 2016 with a !!!!

Thank you Atomic & Gender Dreaming!

5. Thanks Mamato3?, essnce629 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it's what you want you really have advocate for yourself.Doctors always leave out that surgery has risks and only talk about vbac risks.I would join your local International cesarean awareness network ICAN group and get support and guidance.i know so many moms who have had vbac including a bunch who have had vba4c and vba5c and even one vba11c....yes that's vaginal birth after 11 cesareans!I have had 2vb and 5 cesareans and if I get pregnant again I'm going for a vbac.Educate yourself so you can make an informed decision on how you choose to birth whether it's vbac or cesarean.
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

7. Thanks Mamato3? thanked for this post
    Likes Ashforblue, essnce629 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I've read a lot online, basically that trial of labor is better than elective c-section if it actually ende up to be a vbac. If it doesn't progress to vbac and it's a c-section in the end it is riskier for mom and baby than an elective would have been. ACOG has this study (Practice Guidelines: ACOG Updates Recommendations on Vaginal Birth After Previous Cesarean Delivery - American Family Physician) and it's very informative. I am still consider8ng a TOLAC but would also like to know about women who have had 3 c-sections and their experiences on that.

It's a girl!!!

9. Likes Ashforblue liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ashforblue - massive congrats on your vba2c and your baby boy!!!

It's a girl!!!

11. Thanks Ashforblue thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had 4 c-sections - 1 in late 30's and 3 in my 40's (first three were breech)! I had the same ob through who even said whilst delivering no 4 that if I really wanted no reason why I couldn't have 1 more.....I think a lot depends on what your ob says and importantly if/how much scar tissue there is. I was absolutely fine after first 3. However, must admit I felt shocking after number 4 for at least 2 weeks - getting out of bed and walking was really hard for 5 days, but was still doing exercise at 6 weeks and completely back to normal by around 8 weeks. Good luck x

13. Thanks Mamato3?, queen-of-harts thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ever hopeful. I'm 36 now so if my OB says it's ok we are thinking to go HT in 2 years time so that scar has enough time to heal properly. So age is also an issue for me, I'm glad you had good experience roughly at the same age as me.

It's a girl!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My c/s all pretty much were the same other than a slightly longer time opening me up and closing because of the scar tissue.Recovery was the most painful for me with my second cesarean and I think that was because of them using staples Instead of steri-strips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

16. Thanks Mamato3? thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually have had 4 Csections!! I completely understand about wanting to experience a vaginal delivery.. I pushed for almost 2 hours for DS#1 until they finally decided it was time to go in for a section ( either my pressure or my temp spiked) I can't remember it was all a blur by then.. It really hit me hard after his delivery and I researched so much to have a VBAC after him but my OB was not for it as I was pregnant with DS#2 who was a whole 2 pounds heavier in utero. During the second section the OB said I had A LOT of scar tissue and I all I could think of was I NEED TO GO HT for my DD and hope that it was okay to go for a 3rd section. Well I did go HT and had a section with no issues.. Well I got baby fever 3 months after I had her and asked my OB if he thought it would be fine since he saw my insides and condition, he said fine but really that should be it..Well I got lucky at 42 with HT and had ONLY one healthy embryo which was a girl, had my 4th section at 43 years old, the covering OB (mine was on vacation) said during the section that my uterus was SO THIN that if I would have gone into true labor it could have been a "disaster"... She advised that I should not have any more, DH and I both said that this was it!

Fast forward 10 years (from first section) and I am just happy that all surgeries went well and I have 4 healthy children regardless how they came into the world!!

I wish you all the luck and that you get your girl with HT!!
    2 Boys 6 & 9 yrs old 6 year old IVF and has NF1 - PGD to test for NF1 and Gender

Cycle #1-August 2010-Transferred 1 Girl= BFN
    Cycle #2- Nov 2010- No Unaffected Females to Transfer No Unaffected Males to Freeze
    Cycle# 3- May 2011- 5 Fertilized --Frozen on Day 2 to Batch with Next Cycle
    Cycle #4- June 2011- Transferred 3 Girls=-BFN
    Cycle#5- September 2011-- Day 5 Biopsy-- Grade A Hatched Blastocyst Girl= BFN
    Cycle #6- Different Doctor-Dr Braverman January 2012-Transferred 3 Girls=BFN
    Cycle #7-April 2012 Transferred 6 Girls =BFN
    Cycle #8-July 2012 Transferred 3 Girls=BFN--WTF!
    Cycle #9-October 2012 Transferred 2 Girls- Beta-=13 Chemical Pregnancy...

April 2013- 40 yrs old- New RE- SIRM-NYC/Westchester- Transferred 2 Girl Blasts & 2 Girl Morulas= BFP!!!!

April 2015- 42 yrs old- SIRM- 1 Girl Transferred- BFP!!

Samantha 12/17/13 8pounds 3oz

Ava 12/28/15 8pounds 4oz

My Miracle..http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-f...acle-here.html

18. Thanks Mamato3? thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast