Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tips for subchorionic hemorrhage (subchorionic hematoma)

Hi ladies! Two days ago, I started heavily bleeding and was rushed into a sonogram. It turns out that I have a large Subchorionic hemorrhage (subchorionic hematoma) surrounding approximately 50% of the gestational sac to the left of the sac. My doctor told me that given the size of the hematoma, I need to be on bed rest for the week before coming back next week to do another ultrasound (I'll be 8 weeks next week). I got some great advice in my DDG from ladies that had experienced it in their pregnancies, but other than bed rest advice from my doctor, I didn't get much else. Does anyone have any good advice on how to manage this and hopefully make it go away? The risk of miscarriage and preterm labor is really scary to me! TIA!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi hun, first of all just wanted to tell you SCH are super common in pregnancy. I had it on both my pg. The first one with my healthy son and second with my mc, but it was definitely not the reason for mc. When I had ir I was in STRICT bed rest and progesterone suppositories. Don't worry to much, they tend to go away! Good luck

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

3. Thanks ohforfoxsake thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, there is not much you can do besides bed rest for the specified amount of time, avoiding strenuous exercise once bed rest is over, and just taking it easy when you can. These normally resolve on there own. Don't be alarmed if in 2 weeks you see some brown spotting when the initial scab falls off. This can be alarming, and I was grateful I was told by my perinatologist. It should be temporary- like once and should stop within the same day. It literally looked like a scab in the toilet, tmi!

(((Huge Hugs)))! I'm praying this resolves itself soon!!!

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes maximbella liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi hon,

Îm happy Bub is well but I know it's scary!!
    I had a sch with DD2, but never bled and was told it's actually good for the blood to get out so the hématoma can get a chance to diminish.
    I have one this pregnancy too, and was told to rest as much as possible, stay hydrated (when I bled this time it was after a morning of barely drinking and was dehydrated as per blood work showing ketones were off) ... no heavy lifting etc.
    I do have progesterone pessaries with can help so may be worth asking about some
    I hope all goes well, I know it is so stressful to wait without knowing what the outcome will be.
    Last time mine subsided on its own by 20 weeks and have a healthy chunky girl
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes maximbella liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for sharing your stories! I had never heard of it prior to this last week and was certain it wouldn't be a favorable outcome. Praying that the rest will help it resolve in its own.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/24dd4d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The best thing to do is rest and patience because your body is working to clear it on its own. I know it's terrifying but tons of people do have them and they either clear up, or...they don't. It isn't your fault, nothing you can do or not do to help get rid of the thing (and many recommendations would actually make it worse) it's just one of those things that happen and more often than not, they do resolve.

ARe you taking anything that may thin your blood (even something that seems benign like pineapple core?)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! I've taken doctors orders and been trying to stay as low key as possible. I'm not taking anything that I know of to thin blood - only pill is a prenatal and DHA fish oil. Outside of that, I'm eating my usual diet that is heavily vegetarian with some lean protein (chicken and fish). Anything specific that I should avoid?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I may be wrong but I do seem to recall something about high levels of fish oil actually thinning the blood???
    So if you already have some in your prenatal, I wouldn’t take an additional dose hon
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

13. Likes maximbella liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Reduce the fish oil to every other day immediately. It is a blood thinner. Do not STOP taking it, go to every other day and then after the next scan we will talk about the results - if it's still there or has grown we may want to start weaning off it, if it seems to be resolving we will continue at the 3x a week/EOD

Just need to stress this again - do NOT stop taking the fish oil totally, do NOT continue taking it as much as you are.

Limit or avoid the following: fresh pineapple, hot spicy foods (curry or cayenne based), nuts especially walnuts, and most importantly, fresh garlic. No fresh garlic! And I'd cut way back on caffeine as well.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

15. Thanks maximbella thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow I would have never known...thank you so much for telling me!!! This is what I've been taking. Will do as you instruct and update after my next scan Friday. Also great to know on garlic, I eat that almost daily in my cooking. Yikes!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast