Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BFP, beta, nervous

Hi all. Faint, faint bfp on 5/30, CD 27. Yay! Pink swayer. I had hcg drawn 5/31 and it was 29, so very very low. I know I was early because I think I ovulated a little late and had tested several days with a bfn before the test turned positive. I had it redrawn yesterday on 6/4, and my drs office said just stay calm and let's see the rise, but I haven't gotten the results back (they weren't in when I called this morning) and am going a little nutty. Anyone have a pep talk or similar story? I have had one chemical pregnancy, have a healthy 3 yr boy, and our 2nd son was stillborn last year, and I just really want to know whats going on.
    Last edited by Pinkteddybear; June 5th, 2018 at 03:44 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry - I agree that the first beta could very well have been low because you ovulated late. The doubling will tell us! We have people with early betas that low all the time, it all depends on where you really were in the cycle. Do you have any idea when you ovulated?

I am so sorry for your losses - please let me know if I can help in any way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic. No I don't know when I ovulated. No opks or temping. Was going more laid back and we dtd e4d. I had been using wondfos for several days and they were totally negative and then got that squinter and went and bought a frer and it was light but there. Glad to hear that number doesn't seem totally foreign. With my chemical my hcg was like 200-something and my (previous) ob acted like that was crazy low, so 29 in comparison....but I was temping then and really should have been higher as I recall. I have an underactive thyroid and my tsh was fine, so that's good. I just want to get a little excited about a pregnancy! I'll update when I finally hear.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It all depends on where in your cycle you are and what your HCG was to start with. as to what the HCG is, though. Everyone starts out with HCG of 0-5 and then that doubles every 48 hours or so. So if you start off with HCG of 3:

HCG 3
    24 etc and then once you hit HCG 25 you are considered for sure pregnant

If you start off with a lower HCG level of 0, it will take longer to rise since it will go 0, 1, 2, 4, 8 (but as long as it's doubling, all is well) and if you start off with HCG of 5, it will be higher, faster since it will go 5, 10, 20, 40, etc (again, as long as it's doubling,t hat is what counts!)

Anyway, it keeps going up and up, so the catch is that it depends on when your doctor tested you. If s/he tested you at 6 weeks gestation, yes, 200 would be on the low end but you're very likely not that far along at all. NOrmal range for 3-4 weeks pregnant (so 7-14 DPO) is anywhere from 6-71 for the 3rd week, to 10-750! (you see no matter where you are, anywhere in 3-4 week range, 25 is normal and considered for sure pregnant)!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^Ditto what Atomic said!

Congrats! The initial beta number isn't really what matters---it's the doubling time. So one beta draw won't really tell you anything. If it helps you feel any better, my initial beta with DS3 was 16. The nurse called me and said I'd likely miscarry (gee thanks!). I was scared because I'd had three chemical pregnancies prior to that. Well I had another draw three days later and it was 86! It had definitely more than doubled! Turns out it's just I was super early (9 dpo with first beta). I think that's likely with your case, you're just not very far along at all. Update us when you get your beta results back!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post