Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nausea and hot flushes early on

I am only 4 weeks today (bfp yesterday). I had been feeling off for a couple days which prompted me to test. Last night, I had insomnia, major hot flushes and waves of nausea throughout the night. Did anyone else experience that so early?? With my other pregnancies, I only started to feel sick around week 6 and no hot flushes at all. Insomnia not until third tri. I am worried it means something is wrong. The BFP yesterday was not very strong at all...going to ask for a blood test today. I read that early nausea can be a sign of Down's? Anyone get v. early nausea and have a healthy babe?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamofdaughter View Post
    I am only 4 weeks today (bfp yesterday). I had been feeling off for a couple days which prompted me to test. Last night, I had insomnia, major hot flushes and waves of nausea throughout the night. Did anyone else experience that so early?? With my other pregnancies, I only started to feel sick around week 6 and no hot flushes at all. Insomnia not until third tri. I am worried it means something is wrong. The BFP yesterday was not very strong at all...going to ask for a blood test today. I read that early nausea can be a sign of Down's? Anyone get v. early nausea and have a healthy babe?
    I had nausea starting at week four (still happening, unfortunately) and I think the hot flashes are just the surge of hormones. That's great that you're going for a blood test! I'm sure everything is good. Our bodies kick into overdrive once we are pregnant!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got hot flushes literlly after conception, now 25 weeks preg
    That was a sign for me to question if im preg, got nausea : sickness around 7/8 weeks.
    I thought v early nausea meant multiple preg
    Good luck

5. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yay huge congrats!

Yes all those things are normal and every pregnancy is different. Try not to worry about things like nausea = Downs. That's really not in any way a reliable thing to stress over. There are people on here all the time who have nausea even like 7 DPO and go on to have a normal healthy pregnancy. Multiples is by far more likely than Downs (and even multiples is not very likely!)

As for the hot flushes I think the more pregnancies you've had and the older you are, the more likely this is. With my last pregnancy at 41/42 hot flashes and dizziness were my main early pregnancy signs - I never had them with any other pregnancy - and this is something people report to me often, is that they have them crop up when they never did before.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reassurance. I also have a lot of dizziness which is new to me. It was one of the reasons I tested, I was getting dizzy spells just standing still which I've never had happen before.

Interesting about the hot flushes - at least I know what to look for in menopause. 😜 DH is so shocked to hear me say I feel warm...I'm always cold!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush, wildlyluna liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really have been very tempted to start a menopause site for all of us to get together and have this kind of community (since I'm about to start the process myself, LOL) I have had a couple hot flushes and they are NO FUN.

The dizzy thing was also a huge shock to me, very scary!! Luckily it went away after maybe 7-8 weeks.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Likes wildlyluna liked this post