Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Calming nerves after past MC

I'm really nervous. I have had healthy babies, but I have also had 2 MC in a row. I'm 10 weeks pregnant today and I have not been able to stop the worries. I cant keep going into the doctor. One MC I went in at 8 weeks and everything was great. I was extremely nauseous and had terrible acne on my face and then spotting at about 16 weeks. When I went in they couldn't find a heartbeat. I was shocked. Worse, was they said the fetus was measuring at no more than 9 weeks, although they do shrink and it could have been a bit more. But it took weeks for my body to even realize.

This time, I went to the doctor at 7weeks and i was convinced it was over. Thankfully baby appeared fine. But now I feel like its not even possible that things are ok. I started getting acne on my face which doesnt usually happen in my other pregnancies. I feel like a crazy person but honestly don't believe I'm pregnant. And it is horrible because I want to enjoy this but I'm so scared to.

Its different than ever before. Im extremely grateful that I have no symptoms, but after 5 identical pregnancies, I find it hard to believe that I just got lucky. I was originally constipated, but that's gone. I had some moments of nausea here and there, and those are gone. And trust me, I am so grateful that I feel like this. I feel extremely blessed. But at the same time I'm scared this is all a warning.

On top of that I'm taking progesterone. So even if the body wanted to stop this, it can't. And I think I'm supposed to stop them soon but I'm so scared. I tried to find a heartbeat on my home doppler, but heard nothing. But I never did. It's still early.

Ugh.... how do I do this without running back and forth to the doctor. I cant even tell ppl cuz it's like it doesn't exist.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's too early to get the heartbeat on doppler.

I know it's hard to believe but every pregnancy is different. My last pregnancy I had hardly any symptoms.

I do want you to be sure when it's time to come off the progesterone, that you wean off. The doctors will tell you it's not neccessary but I think it's just a smart thing to do to hedge our bets.

All you can do is just take it a day at a time or even a minute at a time. I remember with my last pregnancy (I was 42) I was convinced every day when I woke up that that was the day I'd lose her. I just kept saying "stick with me baby, stick with me" every time I had that surge of nerves and then I did my best to get through it till we were out of the first trimester, then past 30 weeks, etc. But it wasn't an easy time, not at all. ((((hugs))))
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Mom25boys liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It's too early to get the heartbeat on doppler.

I know it's hard to believe but every pregnancy is different. My last pregnancy I had hardly any symptoms.

I do want you to be sure when it's time to come off the progesterone, that you wean off. The doctors will tell you it's not neccessary but I think it's just a smart thing to do to hedge our bets.

All you can do is just take it a day at a time or even a minute at a time. I remember with my last pregnancy (I was 42) I was convinced every day when I woke up that that was the day I'd lose her. I just kept saying "stick with me baby, stick with me" every time I had that surge of nerves and then I did my best to get through it till we were out of the first trimester, then past 30 weeks, etc. But it wasn't an easy time, not at all. ((((hugs))))
    Thank you so much for the reply. I'm legitimately scared... doctor isnt a help about progesterone so I looked around. Everyone seems to have different opinions about when to stop. But during 10 weeks, when my doctor said to stop cold turkey, I saw too many MC. Which can be from or not. But I didn't hear any by 12 weeks so I decided to stop at 12 weeks. I'm going to do every other day and then stop.

And I know every pregnancy is different. But after 7 identical ones, even those that ended in MC, this terrifies me.

I will probably just go see the doc this week.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have you wean off more slowly than that even at 12 weeks. Don't just go to every other day then stop. I would start coming off it a bit sooner and go more slowly and go from eod to every 2 days, then 3, till down to one time per week and then drop it.

I would also like to point out that most preganncies that make it to 12 weeks are sticky. So you're seeing people who have losses in the 10-12th week and assuming that's due to the progesterone, but it's simply because more pregnancies end at 10-12 weeks, than do after 12 weeks. (this is why everyone kind of breathes that sigh of relief at 12 week mark)

I know it's sooo very nervewracking. Please keep us posted and let me know if you need anything.

6. Thanks Mom25boys thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why don't you pay and go and get a private early scan? Horrible feeling so anxious bless you xx

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm at the doc. I've been shaking and nervous and there were tears when I saw that heartbeat. Omg. I'm so grateful. I hope the baby continues going strong. Doc will see me more often and I will slowly stop the progesterone. Thanks for comforting words. I got in today because of cramps that were in my lower back. They have subsided and my baby bean was swimming around. Omg.

9. Likes GirlieCat, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We are here if you need us.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom25boys View Post
    I'm at the doc. I've been shaking and nervous and there were tears when I saw that heartbeat. Omg. I'm so grateful. I hope the baby continues going strong. Doc will see me more often and I will slowly stop the progesterone. Thanks for comforting words. I got in today because of cramps that were in my lower back. They have subsided and my baby bean was swimming around. Omg.

Amazing!! So pleased!! 💕